News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Got the new Mojo Fun Deinonychus

Am definitely going to attempt a touch up of sorts

More pics and paint flaw summary over on Mojo Fun: New for 2018

Roselaar

That cat is about to catch a bird! Well, close anyway...  ;D

And I caught these. Added the finishing Papo and Collecta touches of 2018 to my collection:

IrritatorRaji

Congrats on finishing up the CollectA and Papo 2018 figures! That's a great small haul you've got there :D

DragonRider02

Some New stuff! I am currently in England, visiting my aunt. The CollectA Deluxe Therizinosaurus is gift from her. She ordered it on Everything Dinosaur. I really love that model! Colorful, large and the mane-like feathery crest gives it lots of character!
Baby Papo Triceratops is lovely too. I picked it up in local Toymaster store. I wasn't really planning to ever buy it, but it was the only Papo Dino they had (and it was standing with Schleich dinos instead of Papo shelf) and I was like "eh, it's better than nothing" so I bought it. A new ceratopsian is always welcome in my Collection, since besides this "Triceling" I only have 3 ...(and one of them is that super Old and ugly Schleich Trike lol)

IrritatorRaji

That baby Trike looks amazing! Tempted to pick one up myself :O

CityRaptor

Oh, nice hauls!

Well, I got a literally mixed haul:

Gimiki's Journey:
Eudimorphodon & Mussasaurus - both unique to that line.

Bullyland
Old small Triceratops - wasn't aware of that mold existing in orange, too. Kinda reminds me of Cera.
Newer small Stegosaurus

And now for the things you won't be seeing when I finally make my collection thread:

Cookie Cutters
Stegosaurus
Brontosaurus
There will be some more diversity among Christmas Cookies this year! ( But they belong into the kitchen, not my collection )

Jurassic World Slime Egg
Parasaurolophus - typical example of slapping a logo on an already existing piece of old junk and then selling it. Good thing I only paid 99 cents instead of the 5 or more Euros it costs on the internet. Would not buy again, but I was curious what was inside. 

Predasaurs Aqua Attack
Kharon the Stegocinus - A Hybrid: part Stegosaurus, part Orca, all unlikely to become part of the collection.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

paintingdinos

Nice hauls, all! Really excited to finally see the Mojo Deinonychus in the flesh  :))

I had a surprise work trip that brought me to Los Angeles, so I HAD to visit the La Brea tar pits. Found this neat figure set in the gift shop:

And these really cute, tiny porcelain figures:

They had some really very fossils and paleoart (including an original Charles Knight painting!) on display. Here's one of the more interesting ones:

An emaciated saber-tooth family... almost as thin as the "real" thing ;)

This massive mammoth was one of my favorites:

australovenator

It's been a busy week for me, but this arrived in the mail a couple of days ago.

I'm very pleased, this guy is probably my favourite out of the line having now seen it in person. Quite a nice sculpt.

Noiselessx

I just got the Giga from Vitae and since there were some problems with the shipping, the seller sent me a baby Triceratops from Rebor as gift :D

I am a dino geek who rediscovered his passion for collecting figures yet again.

Shonisaurus

The giganotosaurus of Vitae is a wonder it is a pity that the sinraptor, for example, has not made it to a larger size and the same is true for the rest of its figures.

The Triceratops by Rebor makes a very good pair in my collection by de Papo, they are charming miniatures.

Halichoeres

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos Cool new stuff! I've been to LA a couple of times but somehow never made it to La Brea. That Ania set is pretty great. Are the porcelain ones from Little Critterz? I used to have their Xiphactinus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Go a Protocasts Torosaurus.   
IT was Painted by Spinodude fromYoutube, and was an attempt to replicate his Monarch Paint Scheme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX2yzYj9KkI

However He made it too Dark by accident, but im not complaining :)

IrritatorRaji

The darkness is a shame but it still looks really great! Nice addition!

Takama

I will also State that the Photo is taken with my Mobile phone, so the Qulity is not the best. My camera recently crapped out on me, so im forced to use my phone until i get a new one

IrritatorRaji

These two arrived this morning! Been meaning to get the Dimorphodon for around a year now but always missed it on ED (and it was going for £30+ on Ebay which was a little ridiculous).

I got really lucky with the Compy though, only spent £3 on it! Ebay gave me a coupon, so I used it to get this Compy for a real nice price  :D

Also, was actually able to get the Compy to stand without resting on its tail

Shonisaurus

IrritatorRaji I congratulate you on your good taste. Collecta's dimorphodon is one of my favorite pterosaurs along with the guidraco of the same company and pterosaurs of Safari and Papo.

The compsognathus is the best made in the toy market from my point of view compared to other companies although it is based on the movie JW.

On the other hand you are an ace making pictures of prehistoric collecting animals. These close-ups favor the figures very much.

IrritatorRaji

CollectA's Dimorphodon is also one of my favourite pterosaurs, I've never been a fan of flying reptiles but this figure is just too great to pass up :) I also agree with your points made about the Papo Compsognathus, definitely one of the best commercial models out there!

And thank you very much for the compliments on my taste and pictures :D

paintingdinos

Yep! The porcelain figures are from Little Critterz.

I'm really glad I went. I probably wont have much reason to travel back to LA in the foreseeable future, so it may have been a "once in a lifetime" type opportunity. Wish I'd had time to also visit their Natural History Museum.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

IrritatorRaji

Sweet haul! Still waiting for that 5 pack and series 3 figures to appear in the UK :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: