News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

Probably should have posted these a few days ago:

The WWD Polacanthus came in a lot on eBay. Already sold off the rest of the lot
"Godzilla II" was a Chistmas gift.
"The Sauropod Dinosaurs" and "Ausgelöscht" ( A new Preshistory )  are the result of a sale on Amazon slightly before Black Friday
Found the Rhamphorhynchus in a store a few days before Christmas. The last figure aquired in 2019.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

I just received these on December 31th  :)) from Alcaiceria, very quick shipping. Still waiting for the Papo spino and the nigersaurus from ED :'( :'(

My opinions of the figures and more pics in my collection thread.

Avian

I'm so excited! Added 6 figures to my collection this weekend:
1. The Safari Megacerops
2. The Safari Malawisaurus
3. The Safari Sumatran Rhino
4. The Collecta Daxiatitan
5. The Collecta Secretary Bird
6. The Mojo Ankylosaurus
I also got some new shelves and display items to show off some of my favorite figures.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Avian @MammothProductions I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the Collecta megacerops is a figure awarded in 2012 by the Prehistoric Times magazine as the best prehistoric animal figure of that year. On the other hand, the sumatra rhinoceros of Safari is an animal to take into account considering that it may be extinguished in the short or medium future.

Avian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 02, 2020, 04:48:50 PM
avatar_Avian @MammothProductions I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, the Collecta megacerops is a figure awarded in 2012 by the Prehistoric Times magazine as the best prehistoric animal figure of that year. On the other hand, the sumatra rhinoceros of Safari is an animal to take into account considering that it may be extinguished in the short or medium future.

Thanks! I have the Safari Megacerops but I was actually debating whether to get the Collecta version as well. However. Safari generally has better paint and sculpting quality in their prehistoric mammals, so I went with just the Safari ltd.

suspsy

The Safari Megacerops is indeed the more accurate version, but the CollectA one has more personality, what with its bellowing mouth, charging pose, and aroused penis. It's like a fratboy in Miami on Spring Break whereas the Safari one is calm and composed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

What I really like about the megacerops apart from the fact that it is a perfect sculptural figure is that it is made of a flexible PVC material and I would have sincerely liked that other figures such as the paraceratherium (now discontinued by Collecta), andrewsarchus, uintatherium and elasmotherium (all figures magnificent), were made of a more flexible material.

Avian

Heres the new display, with all of my new figures (minus the Mojo Anky):

Tyto_Theropod

Darn, everyone else's collection shelves are so much nicer than my one measly shelf in a bookcase!  Your display is lovely, avatar_Avian @MammothProductions.  I love those floating shelves.  That whole wall is very pleasing on the eye!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Avian

Thanks avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod. Just don't think you're the only one with a jumbled mess of figures on a bookcase  ;). My bookcase display is absolutely horrid.

Faelrin

What a wonderful display you have there. Congrats on your new acquisitions too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kotori_Sonoda

What a fantastic display!
My "display" is basically a tangle of tails and limbs crammed into one portion of the shelf.
Also the Chomping T-Rex is in another part of the shelf because there's no space left for her.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Libraraptor

Ravonium

To compliment the Favorite Burgess Series Mini Models...

Safari Ltd Cambrian Toob:

Faelrin

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium Congrats on getting that set. Easily one of my favorites that Safari Ltd has done.

So my first acquisition of 2020 has arrived. It's none other then the 2019 Papo Spinosaurus. I got this yesterday actually, didn't get around to posting about it as I've been sick lately. I am very impressed with the size of this beast, and even the paint apps on mine. Really only a few areas that were lacking compared to the prototype, in terms of coloration or wash or whatever. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but the teeth and mouth on mine (as well as the rest of the figure) has been painted flawlessly, which is something I had concerns about. I also should mention I ordered the cheaper no box option off of Happy Hen Toys, and much to my surprise it still had the box. There was a note inside detailing why this was done (some of the boxes the figure came in had arrived to them slightly damaged), so I'm very grateful I still ended up with the box, and was able to get this for a bit cheaper. And seeing how well they have packaged this figure makes me eager to order more figures from them later on.

Anyways here's some pics:

With my only other two Papo figures, the Allosaurus and grey Velociraptor, which I obtained both in 2019:

By itself in the box:

A closer look at the mouth:

With the Mattel Legacy Spinosaurus (which makes the shorter tail on the Mattel one much more apparent):

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Found the new Postosuchus by Schleich in a bookstore of all places and took it home alongside a copy of Red Dragon, gotta say, it looks much better in person hence why I picked it over the Baryonyx (who also looks great but the paintjob is a bit lacking)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium I congratulate you on your tube of animal fauna changed burgess shale I have them decorating a library in my bedroom.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I sincerely congratulate you for the Papo spinosaurus limited version of 2019 is a magnificent choice, considering that it is one of my favorite theropods this year and I am very happy with it.

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor I'm glad you bought the postosuchus, yesterday I bought that figure together with agustinia, cryolophosaurus and baryonyx in the Store of the Museum of Natural Sciences (the ankylosaurus did not have it unfortunately) and I can assure you that the real figures are much better than the photos of promotion that sincerely took away the desire to buy some figures. They are still toy Schleich figures but very detailed and very cool even for collectors like me. The overall grade of the figures is 7.89 out of 10. Sincerely, I have been pleasantly surprised to see the actual figures of Schleich 2020 dinosaurs in person.

AcroSauroTaurus

I originally wasn't going to get the Cryolophosaurus, but the "fins" are not as obnoxious as the prototype image showed.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Piltdown 龍

Amber Collection Velociraptor, now up on Amazon; JW Tarbosaurus, also from Amazon. (No, I didn't buy it from the listing by Toywiz, $90 for this is beyond mere greed.)
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: