News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

What I liked about this AAOD "Banjo" australovenator is that it is beautifully packaged in a fancy box and has no clown feet and still stays without any problems. I suppose asking for this figure from an Australian supplier could you achieve such beauty or even in the eBay market. On the other hand, I congratulate you on your two new Chitantaisaurus figures from Vitae and Chalicotherium from Bullyland are highly recommended and even almost obligatory figures for a dinosaur toy collector.

Libraraptor

Bought myself this decent Schleich Agustinia.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor I'm glad for your new acquisition. Honestly, the Augustinian Schleich is superior to his Geoworld and Collecta counterparts with an abyssal difference.

Leyster

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 31, 2020, 10:47:25 PM
L @Leyster Thank you, that is considerate.
You're welcome, I never would have never posted it if I knew that was a problem for you.

By the way, I'm glad to see you like Vitae, it's among my favorite brands.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

BrightYellowTriceratops

Hit the antique mall this morning expecting to find nothing of interest so I was shocked to find a Battat rearing Diplodocus for just under $10. That alone made my day so finding a nice bunch of MPC figures later was just icing on the cake. It included Macrauchenia and Ceratogaulus which were the only two MPC prehistoric critters missing from my collection. The Diplodocus has some missing paint but I'm glad to add this impressive beast to my collection. It also has a bit of inward lean in its right hind leg... Does anyone know if they are prone to falling over?

SidB

Quote from: BrightYellowTriceratops on February 01, 2020, 11:05:41 PM
Hit the antique mall this morning expecting to find nothing of interest so I was shocked to find a Battat rearing Diplodocus for just under $10. That alone made my day so finding a nice bunch of MPC figures later was just icing on the cake. It included Macrauchenia and Ceratogaulus which were the only two MPC prehistoric critters missing from my collection. The Diplodocus has some missing paint but I'm glad to add this impressive beast to my collection. It also has a bit of inward lean in its right hind leg... Does anyone know if they are prone to falling over?
Your Battat find is a hope that I frequently entertain when I scour the thrift shops. No success yet, but I've had more than a few other worthwhile finds. The Battat Diplodocus remains the ultimate goal of myself and many other collectors. Congratulations!

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrightYellowTriceratops on February 01, 2020, 11:05:41 PM

Incredible! Congratulations on your new Battat Diplodocus!

Halichoeres

? @Stolpergeist I love that composition, really well done. I should have guessed it wasn't a plethodid, now that I look more closely at the tail. Thanks for reacquainting me with Luoxiongichthys, which I had forgotten about.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

I've never thought to look on the Facebook 'Marketplace' for dinosaurs before, but my search turned up a mixed lot of un-named dinosaur toys, listed with a blurry photograph in which it was difficult to make things out clearly, but lest my eyes decieved me, there amongst a jumble of tat and knock-offs lay a selection of Invictas, including one pretty special individual... All for the princely sum of £10.

And I only really wanted the Liopleurodon and Iguanodon. The Lambeosaurus is a stunner, and in really good condition, but its not something I was personally wanting for my own collection, so if anyone is interested, I am happy to accept an offer and sell it on...

I also found this 'Dinosaurs in the Wild' T rex, which I have been interested in since it first appeared.

In hand I find it much more bizarre that it looked in pictures. It has some of the most useless articulation I've ever encountered, but for a partially feathered Tyrannosaurus action figure its not bad, its a shame the painted eyes are so cartoony, it would look much better with a repaint. Its one of those things I was trying to track down just to see what it was really like in person and now I have it I'm not sure it actually fits into my collection, so if anyone can give it a better home I'm also happy to sell/trade it. (Bearing in mind I am in the UK)

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus Congratulations to both of you. You have found rare vintage figures in the market.

UK

Great finds avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus, I would be interested in a trade. Have sent a PM.

Steve

Duna

Finally, my order placed in December 5th has arrived. A second package with 3 new figures sent so kindly by ED, because the first one, after staying for 18 days in my local post office without notifying to me, was returned and "lost" by now ...

So finally my so desired Papo spinosaurus has arrived and all I have to say is that you must have it in person to apreciate such fantastic figure. No video reviews nor pictures reflect how gorgeus it is, and its size. It's huge.
I also ordered a Safari smilodon and a nigersaurus. I can't understand why it has been discontinued: it's a fantastic figure. I like it a lot. I'm very happy to have bought it before it disappears.

Shonisaurus

I'm glad you got the figures of Papo spinosaurus, and the nigersaurus and smilodon of Safari, honestly Duna I do not understand that the nigersaurus of Safari is discontinued with how good it was, on the other hand the customs and postal agents Twenty villages are spent with customers, they have retained and meaningless objects that you have bought and that are harmless as are dinosaur toys. Go web mail.es and adtpostales !!!

My congratulations.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 03, 2020, 06:27:08 PM
I'm glad you got the figures of Papo spinosaurus, and the nigersaurus and smilodon of Safari, honestly Duna I do not understand that the nigersaurus of Safari is discontinued with how good it was, on the other hand the customs and postal agents Twenty villages are spent with customers, they have retained and meaningless objects that you have bought and that are harmless as are dinosaur toys. Go web mail.es and adtpostales !!!
Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, the problem with my package was the bad service of my local Correos office (regardless it was December) because after staying for 18 days (after 15 days of shipment), no one gave me the paper to collect it, and when they finally did, it had been returned. No one in the office checked that they had returned a package which collect order had not even been given to the receiver ... how could I have know it had arrived? (it was not a tracked service). I made a formal complaint and also ED did. I wonder if that second package will eventually appear ... From now on, I will only get tracked service and I suggest all of you to do so, I have spent two long months of lost time, sadness and energy ...

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna The only solutions to buy products from non-EU countries in Spain is through the eBay program of the global shipping system.

On the other hand in Europe countries of the European Union the only solution is that the packages are sent to you by DHL or SEUR.

By www.correos.es and its adtpostal affiliate, you better not pass such merchandise. Nothing recommended.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Duna on February 03, 2020, 06:40:57 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 03, 2020, 06:27:08 PM
Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, the problem with my package was the bad service of my local Correos office (regardless it was December) because after staying for 18 days (after 15 days of shipment), no one gave me the paper to collect it, and when they finally did, it had been returned. No one in the office checked that they had returned a package which collect order had not even been given to the receiver ... how could I have know it had arrived? (it was not a tracked service). I made a formal complaint and also ED did. I wonder if that second package will eventually appear ... From now on, I will only get tracked service and I suggest all of you to do so, I have spent two long months of lost time, sadness and energy ...

This exact thing has happened to me several times in the past few years, I feel your frustration, its very aggravating. I've complained a few times myself but it never stopped it happening again. One of those times a Bullyland Liliensternus I bought from Germany got sent back and got completely lost in transit, it never got to me and the seller never got it back either. Not a day goes by that I am not haunted by the unknown fate of that poor, poor Liliensternus...

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 03, 2020, 09:04:57 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna The only solutions to buy products from non-EU countries in Spain is through the eBay program of the global shipping system.

On the other hand in Europe countries of the European Union the only solution is that the packages are sent to you by DHL or SEUR.

By www.correos.es and its adtpostal affiliate, you better not pass such merchandise. Nothing recommended.
Believe me, nothing is 100 %. I just lost and the sender never received back a package sent by eBay via the Global Shipping Program, at least to date, from the U.S.A. to Canada.

Shonisaurus

Nice set together with Godzilla and Papo's gorgosaurus apart from other exotic brand figures.

Libraraptor

Just got myself these interesting figures. The Velociraptor is very old fashioned but I like it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: