News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

? @Stolpergeist Congrats on those new acquisitions, the  Arizonasaurus, Miragaia and Desmatosuchus are some really, really great models (and I'm surprised no other bigger company in the west did a Desmatosuchus and man, I was hyped when that came out back in the days)
But let's be real, the Ceratosaurus is the true gem, it is a big masterpiece, comparable to Michelangelo's work! (Real talk though, as a kid I really wanted it because it's so weird)

Eocarcharia

My most recent arrivals:

Plus this little guy:

Wandering

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia I love the Meiolania! I bet he looks great next to your other Holocene replicas! ^^

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Congratulations on your new acquisitions, Kaiyodo meiolania is great. You have very good taste when buying collectible / toy dinosaur figures.

Eocarcharia

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and ? @Stolpergeist

W @Wandering I have him with my other Cenozoic herbivores, and yeah, he does look great.

Martwad

My most recent additions.

Special thanks to avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector and M @jwmo

Lanthanotus

Nice additions everyone... I especially envy those who already have the new CollectA figures as
CollectA is always quite late in the year to be distributed here in Germany, and this year will probably
be even later for obvious reasons. I also still lakc the Bullyland Spinophorosaurus, despite its skin looks
so weird.

However, since I am back from Australia I was able to add two of the nice
Wild Past Protoceratops
Schleich Postosuchus
Safari Shringasaurus
Safari Sarcosuchus
and an unnamed "Lego" Technic Dinosaur (will be introduced to you in a review soon).

While in Australia I was keen to hunt for the famed Southlands Diptrodon. Was quite a hunt as
no toy store or museum had them until I reached, after 11.000km of driving a small but superbly
equipped toy and science store in Adelaide. If you are ever in Adelaide, go see that shop!

The Thylacoleo I brought from Germany and in fact I could have bought
the Diptrodon there much easier, but I wanted to bring it from Australia
from a physical store.

Last but not least, not a new acquisition, but I deemed it lost until I tidied up my drawers...
Origami Archaeoptery.

I am unsure of the creator of the model, I just folded it from a crease pattern. While experienced
with Origami I nver made it to the mastery as those people and this is my first and until now last
crease pattern I did. Crease pattern means you got no instruction or directions, just the general
folding lines on a paper.

For the more experienced the result could look a lot more impressive!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats everyone on their recent finds, pleased to see people still getting lots of nice stuff.

As an aside, since the Southlands figures have just appeared. Does anyone know whether the Thylacoleo has been discontinued or something?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I congratulate all of those fortunate for their new acquisitions and more in these times of global tribulation. I am delighted by all the members of the forum who fortunately still receive their prehistoric animal figures.

Martwad

Hmm... ? @Stolpergeist , not sure what is wrong.  It shows up for me, and is displayed in when I preview the post.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Stolpergeist on March 22, 2020, 07:11:58 PM
This is how it looks on my screen, no clue what caused this error.

I get something similar, only with an access denied symbol  in grey - like the road sign (which is of course normally red!).

Martwad

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian , I am puzzled.  I've done nothing different than my other pictures I have posted, and it shows up on my work computer as well.

Martwad

Does the image show now?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Martwad @Martwad Yes now the photo is displayed. Superb acquisitions of PNSO (spinosaurus) Battat (nanshiungosaurus), Wild Past (protoceratops) and Japanese dinosaur miniatures. My congratulations on your good taste.

? @Stolpergeist Congratulations on your new vintage premium acquisitions such as the Invicta Mamenchisaurus and the Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus.

ceratopsian

avatar_Martwad @Martwad - yes thank you. The original post remains the same and image-less, but I can see the image in the new post. Congratulations on a nice haul.

SidB

avatar_Martwad @Martwad , congrats on your acquisition of the Battat Nanschiungosaurus. They have become a bit difficult to find. I think that the Nanschiungosaurus was the first of Dan's new Battats to be discontinued.

Libraraptor

Always a pleasure,  ? @Stolpergeist ! I am so glad they found a new home! But under which circumstances is the Mamenchisaurus to be called  a museum exlusive?

Nice new acquisitions everyone! 

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 22, 2020, 05:27:37 PM
Does anyone know whether the Thylacoleo has been discontinued or something?

It hasn't been discontinued, it's just sold out at MiniZoo. In Germany you can still order it from here:
https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Southlands-Beutelloewe-sr00001.html

ItsTwentyBelow

I just found the Jurassic World Dino Rivals 12 inch Proceratosaurus at a 7-11 convenience store, of all places!

Never was interested enough in these simple larger hollow figures to want to track them down, but this was a surprise find, and on clearance for $7.76 I couldn't pass it up! They seemed to have a lot of the 12 inch Dino Rivals figs, but Proceratosaurus is the only one I was interested in having. Anyone know what retailers generally carry these, because I think it's the first time I've seen them and this wave is already discontinued. And at 7-11, ha!

It being one of the dinosaurs named in the DNA storage scene in JP but never shown in the flesh, I can always afford space for an extra large size, gaudy Proceratosaurus in addition to the Attack Pack figure.  ;)

Really am attracted to the red, white(ish), and blue coloration. The bright red crest is a separate piece of molded plastic. Like the Coelurus, I think I'll always make sure this guy is displayed somewhere prominent in the house during early July, sort of as an American independence day decoration.

Roselaar

Just found myself this gem in my local store of all places. It's massive, I love it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: