News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauroswan

Thanks avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus , I agree about the gigantspino, it's small but dynamic. I wonder how mine will react to the little one and also to the Safari Stego, who will be joining my stego herd on monday. ;D

critcho

Its been a while since I posted (other than to give JWMO feedback just now) but I now own a Battat diplodocus! That is a something I thought I would never be able to say and I am delighted.

"re-united" with the few original Battat's I own

With my Terra's as well

SidB

Congratulations and well done! Many years of enjoyment, C @critcho .

Shonisaurus

C @critcho I congratulate you on your Batlo diplodocus and styracosaurus are two highly sought after figures in eBay stores and usually cost a lot of money. That you enjoy your figures with health and joy.

Bokisaurus

First wave of CollectA  ;D
[]

More photos in my collection thread if you want more :))

Shonisaurus

The Bajadasaurus is bigger than I expected. The protoceratops look magnificent and the same can be said for the other two dinosaurs the Fukuisaurus and Baryonyx with fixed base. Thanks for sharing Bokisaurus!

Roselaar

More stuff I found locally. Glad to see there's still new stuff coming in here.

sauroid

whoah cool stuff Roselaar. im surprised your stores are still open during this time of extreme crisis. (it must be like living in a parallel/alternate universe)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Martwad

Quote from: sauroid on April 06, 2020, 03:44:46 PM
whoah cool stuff Roselaar. im surprised your stores are still open during this time of extreme crisis. (it must be like living in a parallel/alternate universe)

avatar_sauroid @sauroid , I'm not sure how things are where you are, but where I'm at there is very little change.  Our governor has declared a state-wide stay-at-home order, but he allowed the exception for essential individuals, and he allowed businesses and organisations to determine themselves whether or not they are essential.  About the only thing that has happened is restaurants are open, just closed to dining-in.  No one is staying home.  The parks are busier now than they have ever been.  We are just asking for us to be a new epicenter.

sauroid

Quote from: Martwad on April 06, 2020, 04:08:49 PM

avatar_sauroid @sauroid , I'm not sure how things are where you are, but where I'm at there is very little change.  Our governor has declared a state-wide stay-at-home order, but he allowed the exception for essential individuals, and he allowed businesses and organisations to determine themselves whether or not they are essential.  About the only thing that has happened is restaurants are open, just closed to dining-in.  No one is staying home.  The parks are busier now than they have ever been.  We are just asking for us to be a new epicenter.
that sounds... scary. im panicking for you. pls stay safe Martwad.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Most non-essential stores are closed in the Netherlands, but this particular toy chain is still open. The closing of stores is non mandatory here, just discouraged. I'm surprised to see them getting new stuff in though. Brachiosaurus last week, T-Rex now. Not bad.  :)

Faelrin

C @critcho Congrats with nabbing that behemoth of a sauropod figure. You got quite the collection of the Battat (new and old) as well.

B @Bokisaurus Congrats on getting these. I think my favorite of this batch is the Bajadasaurus. It looks great alongside the Carnegie and Battat Amargasaurus figures as well, that I saw in your collection thread. Does it scale better with those?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ItsTwentyBelow

Felt really lucky yesterday!

So, the local big box store in town has a consistent 20-25% markup above retail on all their Jurassic World action figures. They've had that Sarcosuchus sitting on the shelf grimacing at me for weeks, but I'm always reluctant to pay the markup and have been holding out to find one elsewhere. They have a $25 price tag on the Massive Biters at this place when really Mattel meant for it to be a $20 toy. So what the heck?

Now that my shopping there is down to once a week for now, I of course had to check yesterday. This is the dang Sarco that I've wanted (I also do not like the upcoming repaint), and the Mattel stuff is also HOT. It wasn't gonna be on that shelf forever. Sure enough, there it was jaws agape again yesterday so I swallowed my pride and decided to pay the whole ransom for my SuperCroc.

I went up to the self-check stand, and BOOM for some reason this thing rings up at $17.49!? Hmm, not my problem! So I do my business and walk away casually... with a freaking huge grin!  ;D

They also had their LEGO (which is not marked up at all?) on sale for %20 off, so happily grabbed the Dilophosaurus on the Loose set as well for $16.00. Yay indoor times!

critcho

Quote from: Faelrin on April 07, 2020, 03:02:00 AM
C @critcho Congrats with nabbing that behemoth of a sauropod figure. You got quite the collection of the Battat (new and old) as well.

B @Bokisaurus Congrats on getting these. I think my favorite of this batch is the Bajadasaurus. It looks great alongside the Carnegie and Battat Amargasaurus figures as well, that I saw in your collection thread. Does it scale better with those?

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, still smile every time I walk past it! Collection is coming along but I have had to tell my wife I will take a break for a little after that outlay!

critcho

Quote from: SidB on April 05, 2020, 08:38:42 PM
Congratulations and well done! Many years of enjoyment, C @critcho .

Thank you S @SidB, it certainly will be

critcho

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 05, 2020, 09:04:34 PM
C @critcho I congratulate you on your Batlo diplodocus and styracosaurus are two highly sought after figures in eBay stores and usually cost a lot of money. That you enjoy your figures with health and joy.

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I definitely will. I feel very fortunate to have them although nothing like your Battat collection

EmperorDinobot

Ever since January I have been hitting the Beasts of the Mesozoic figures hard. Since the last time I posted here I have acquired the following:

Zhenyuanlong
Zhenyuanlong Fanschoice version
Acheroraptor
Adasaurus
Atrociraptor
Velociraptor osmolskae Blue
V. osmolskae Red
Velociraptor mongoliensis Black
Balaur bondoc
Tsaagan
Buitreraptor with Stenonychosaurus 2 pack

I'm going to take a break now until June.

I already had Velociraptor mongoliensis Brown and Mononykus with desert environment. As usual, no space, but whatever, that's the dinosaur collecting life.

Mellow Stego

My wife surprised me today with these two beauties.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Congratulations on your purchases as BoTM Raptors are some of the best on the toy market.

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego On the other hand it is a detail on the part of your wife to have given you those two beauties the dilophosaurus and especially the deinonychus of Safari 2020. I am still enraptured with both figures.

ceratopsian

From last weekend's box: the 2020 "grey" variant of the CollectA Diplodocus: seen here herding with a custom paint version of the 2013 version, created by avatar_earth108 @earth108.  More photos on my thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: