News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingWithBeasts

Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 12, 2020, 01:40:08 PM
Finally turned up (few days late), but here's my latest addition.

Schleich 16519 Macrauchenia

Great model! I was fortunate enough to collect all of Schleich's prehistoric mammal line back when they were still in production. Happy hunting for the rest!
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisition. I honestly like Schleich's macrauchenia more than Safari's recent macruchenia. It is much more voluminous and its finish is impressive.

Stegotyranno420

i get like on figure every year, and its almost always a chinasaur.

I dont know how you guys are able to get this without being judged.
But all the money i make goes to my family essentials so i cant spend 40 bucks on something i want, i spend 40 bucks on something i need

DragonRider02

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on June 12, 2020, 11:02:57 AM
My Safari Deinonychus finally came in the mail (Thanks again avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 for the offering!) and I absolutely love it.

This might just be one of my new favorite models, it looks so good and naturalistic, a far cry from all the scaly monstrous JP raptors around.
Mine does have a slight paint error with the left side lacking the stripe above the eye (and I don't trust myself with painting that over) but it doesn't detract from how good this guy is, especially since you rarely view it from up front. Certainly recommend this one!
Glad you like it! I didn't notice it had a painting error, I would have mentioned it before selling. Btw, You have a really beautiful cat!  ;D

PrimevalRaptor

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Don't worry! It's not very noticeable since you only view it from one side and I mean I thiiiink some animals can have genetic defects like that? So it just makes it more special!
And thank you, she really is pretty photogenic! :D

Ikessauro

Some newly arrived treasures.
Playvisions Prehistoric Mammals. Got the one I wanted the most, now the hunt continues for the rest.

A couple HG mammals in desperate need of a clean up

Bully Liliensternus

Big Disney's Carnotaurus. Does anyone know what company made it? And how it works? I can see it has a battery compartment, but no on/off button. Not sure how it's supposed to work.

Huge Dino Horizons Diplodocus Skeleton, after a long search...

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Ikessauro magnificent additions to your collection. The mammals of Play Visions would not have been possible without the direct and indirect contribution of the UK and Invicta Hunters in my case. Undoubtedly, the palorchestes and the uintatherium are two of the most coveted figures for which we are fans like me of those types of vintage brands.

The same can be said of the Bullyland liliensternus and the carnotaurus and the other figures.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 12, 2020, 07:48:46 PM
Playvisions Prehistoric Mammals. Got the one I wanted the most, now the hunt continues for the rest.

That anteater lookin' thing behind the Uintatherium is really cool. What is it?

Ikessauro

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on June 12, 2020, 09:54:59 PM

It is a Palorchestes, some sort of large marsupial from Australia's Miocene - Pleistocene. It is for sure my favorite of the set.

CityRaptor

Zallinger Repaint? Eh, I dunno, seems a bit skinny for Zallinger's. Actually reminds me more of Hawkins' attempt at bipeds:

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Schleich's tyrannosaurus was one of my first tyrannosaurus that I collected approximately more than 24 years ago.

Kapitaenosavrvs

NO EoFauna Atlasaurus? You really need it. Your other Sauropods would love it. Congrats on the oldschool Rex!

Quote from: Stolpergeist on June 13, 2020, 11:38:40 AM

CityRaptor

Quote from: Stolpergeist on June 13, 2020, 12:22:08 PM
Well, I won't paint a tyrannosaur as a homage to a hadrosaur reconstruction.

Well, it would be a hommage to reconstrution of fellow Tyrannosaur Laelaps ( = Dryptosaurus. )

Quote from: Stolpergeist on June 13, 2020, 12:22:08 PM
Also I think it is simply slimmer as it was made around the time of Jurassic Park, thus an odd transitional form between Zallinger's and Bakker's versions.

I think it's simply their old "We don't care but claim we do" attitude. Basically all they wanted was a replacement for the Carnegie Collection. Thus a fancy name ( Replica Saurus ), a partnership with a Museum ( I wonder if anyone at the Museum in Berlin ever looked at those figures ) and some rather obviously Carnegie-inspired choices of species.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Big Disney's Carnotaurus. Does anyone know what company made it? And how it works? I can see it has a battery compartment, but no on/off button. Not sure how it's supposed to work.

I think that big Carnotaurus was made by Mattel. There's a fuzzy photo in Dinosauriana of this figure in box and it has what looks like a Mattel logo in the corner.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ikessauro

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 13, 2020, 05:47:25 PM

I think that big Carnotaurus was made by Mattel. There's a fuzzy photo in Dinosauriana of this figure in box and it has what looks like a Mattel logo in the corner.

Thanks avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , I'll check that.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on June 13, 2020, 02:31:22 PM
NO EoFauna Atlasaurus? You really need it. Your other Sauropods would love it. Congrats on the oldschool Rex!

Quote from: Stolpergeist on June 13, 2020, 11:38:40 AM

for some peopl like me, theres something called a budget  ;) :(

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Stegotyranno on June 13, 2020, 07:32:46 PM

But but but, Eofauna's Atlasaurus only costs £23! :P Although it's now out of stock on Everything Dinosaur. Glad I got it when I did the other week.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 13, 2020, 10:22:30 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on June 13, 2020, 07:32:46 PM

But but but, Eofauna's Atlasaurus only costs £23! :P Although it's now out of stock on Everything Dinosaur. Glad I got it when I did the other week.
my buget is 5 usd, which is why i only get like one figure every year. all my other money goes to food and water and college. and i dont want anyone knowing i spend money on plastic, which is why i alway sculpt my figures, which often go wrong due to my budget.

MY dream figures i always want are the carnegie giganoto, the eofauna giganoto, and the 2019 papo spino. If i got any of those id be so damn happy  ;) :(

too bad it would stay a dream and i proballyhave t wiat til i have a good job,

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 12, 2020, 11:04:25 PM

It is a Palorchestes, some sort of large marsupial from Australia's Miocene - Pleistocene. It is for sure my favorite of the set.

That's a sweet find! The large Palorchestes is the only Play Visions mammal I don't have between the small and large figures.
I guess I at least have the large sabre tooth cat and andewsarchus.

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on June 14, 2020, 04:12:39 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on June 12, 2020, 11:04:25 PM

That's a sweet find! The large Palorchestes is the only Play Visions mammal I don't have between the small and large figures.
I guess I at least have the large sabre tooth cat and andewsarchus.

It is a pretty cool model, isn't? I hope you find one eventually. I even saw the saber tooth and andrewsarchus for sale a while ago on eBay, but missed the auction.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: