News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on June 28, 2020, 07:47:05 AM

I was trying to get the whole Definitely Dinosaurs line and then I decided I would rather have the whole Carnegie Collection line. Also I bought a weird thing because it is weird.

The Pleurocystites is definitely very weird. One of the few animals in history to have no external symmetry whatsoever.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brontosauruschuck

Word. I want to do a review of it but I can't find very much information on it at all. Google has not been much help.

Halichoeres

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on June 28, 2020, 08:11:09 PM
Word. I want to do a review of it but I can't find very much information on it at all. Google has not been much help.

This has some good information, if a bit technical. It includes some illustrations on page XXXIII https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1215&context=igsar
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SidB

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on June 28, 2020, 09:19:37 AM
I also got some new kicks.

You'll need the traction and endurance if you stick with the decision to track down Carnegie's entire line, with all of it's variants. But of course you'll know this, if you're familiar with Dinoguy 2's blog. It's certainly part of the draw - the thrill of the hunt.

Carnoking

"Very well, Father and son."
Snagged this mini battat gallimimus. It's only the second mini I own as I have been more focused on tracking down the full sized models. That being said, I may just have to start trying to get more of these minis, because they look great with their grown up counterparts.

SidB

It would have been interesting to see the result if Dan had been able to re-do this sculpt  as a feathered version. Still, as a representative of its time (the 1990's), this was a fine version (not that there are too many anyways).

EmmaLVV

She was covered in coffee stains, but now looks great after a bath! Not bad for £15. Still don't have the monochrome version (yet), but I at least have the painted Apatosaurus as part of my Invicta herd!

Ikessauro

Finally got this one! Such an odd piece, had to have it.

SidB

Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 29, 2020, 11:17:47 PM
She was covered in coffee stains, but now looks great after a bath! Not bad for £15. Still don't have the monochrome version (yet), but I at least have the painted Apatosaurus as part of my Invicta herd!

This is still a beautifully elegant piece after all these years. Good price too!

Libraraptor

Quote from: SidB on June 30, 2020, 12:05:35 PM
Quote from: EmmaLVV on June 29, 2020, 11:17:47 PM

This is still a beautifully elegant piece after all these years. Good price too!

Congrats!  Still on my wishlist,  too.

EmmaLVV

Look at these treasures that I got in a giant bundle of dinosaurs! Loads of other good stuff too, but these stuck out for me. ;D A quick photo before they get cleaned up.

Invicta Stegosaurus (green variant) and Inpro Plesiosaurus (by Toyway?)

sauroid

awesome new acquisitions everyone, especially yours avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Two lovely new Safari beasties, one poor photographer:

Halichoeres

I'm not big on vintage figures generally, but that Invicta Apatosaurus is definitely eye-catching.

Mellow Stego

After 9 long months of delays, this gorgeous beast finally came in!

Damtoys Gigantspinosaurus

And for size comparison:
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego: What for a fantastic dino statue, it is looking really wonderful/amazing, I like him very much! Fantastic piece of dino art!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Ikessauro

Fantastic piece, love this Gigantspino. I didn't even know Damtoys had made one.Congrats on the acquisition

DinoToyCollector

Well, I think I overdid it the last 2 weeks. Bought smaller lots for small money to get 3 Invictas (I'm espacially happy about the Iguanodon) and made a bigger order for new Safari and Eofauna figures.
I'm also happy about the UKRD pieces and the Bullyland Batrachotomus, which I wasn't aware of while hunting. (Also got a Bullyland Rex, which I don't like). Not in the photo are the dozens of Cheapo-Saurs that came with these lots. Any idea of what to do with them?

Crackington

Take photos of them for the (hopefully) new unbranded section on the Dinosaur ToyCollector site then give them away to a charity shop or to a kindergarten? Assuming any are open....

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on July 07, 2020, 09:23:53 AM
Well, I think I overdid it the last 2 weeks. Bought smaller lots for small money to get 3 Invictas (I'm espacially happy about the Iguanodon) and made a bigger order for new Safari and Eofauna figures.
I'm also happy about the UKRD pieces and the Bullyland Batrachotomus, which I wasn't aware of while hunting. (Also got a Bullyland Rex, which I don't like). Not in the photo are the dozens of Cheapo-Saurs that came with these lots. Any idea of what to do with them?

Lovely! I really need more Hadros.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: