News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos very pretty chickens! 🐔

So aside from the Snapsquad figures I haven't really gotten into the Mattel JW lines.

Well, then this guy caught my eye!
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Libraraptor

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos  That picture with old and recent dinosaurs is very funny!

ItsTwentyBelow

^^Cool Majungasaurus! Your photo really makes it look nice, especially the scales on its head.

Was working on an archaeological project outside of Wenatchee, WA during the week and found a local toy and sporting goods store that had a massive selection of CollectA dinosaurs (all sitting on Schleich branded displays, ha). The store carried Breyer products, so there ya go.

Newer CollectA stuff mixed with some old. Curiously no mammals. I picked out the Einiosaurus and the camouflage Dimetrodon for $5 and $10 each. Always super cool to be surprised by a full shelf of CollectA in person at reasonable prices.

SidB

Good to hear that CollectA is getting some distribution - bodes well for the future.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on August 01, 2020, 06:36:20 PM
Good to hear that CollectA is getting some distribution - bodes well for the future.

Indeed. Recently, CollectA's been making a HUGE push over here in Hong Kong as well. They're working with a local chain toystore and so far have been stocking nearly the entire CollectA catalogue. Both new and old.
While this is an extremely welcome development, with the sheer amount of ancient figures from the Procon days clogging up shelves,  I am concerned over severe shelfwarming and deadstock. Over the course of the month, I've observed that the newer figures sell relatively well, while the older models have barely been touched.

I really hope in the long run, CollectA will get the message that these older figures are just not appealing when new, shiny, highly detailed ones are being sold right next to them. Rather than mistaking that their products as a whole just dont sell period.  :(

Kapitaenosavrvs

Going to an actual Store and seeing something different than a couple Schleich. That would be great. Looks amazing.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on August 01, 2020, 07:14:59 PM
Going to an actual Store and seeing something different than a couple Schleich. That would be great. Looks amazing.

Yes,  if only in Germany we had shelves like these!

EmmaLVV

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 01, 2020, 07:27:03 PM

Same in the UK! It was always Schleich stuff, which is fine, but it's nice to see other brands too.

Oh, and here's my newest purchase, which I got from a £7 bundle. I've only got 2 monochrome and 5 painted left to get, so then it's just variants after that I guess? :P

Invicta Tyrannosaurus rex (painted version)

UK

Great figure, congratulations Emma.

Which are your remaining missing figures from the line.

EmmaLVV

Quote from: UK on August 01, 2020, 11:23:23 PM
Great figure, congratulations Emma.

Which are your remaining missing figures from the line.

Hey Steve! The missing Invicta figures are:

Monochrome - Mamenchisaurus and the Pliosaur (Liopleurodon).
Painted - Pteranodon, Brachiosaurus, Cetiosaurus, Baryonyx, and the Scelidosaurus.

How have you been by the way? Been ages since we last spoke. :)

UK

Hi Emma, it seems like you have the majority of the hard to find Invicta figures. Won't take long to finish them.

I'm OK thanks considering. Well considering I'm going back to work tomorrow after two weeks off, my team Bournemouth got relegated from the Premier league, lost their star player and our legendary manager has resigned 😭.

And how are you doing and the little one? I've heard quite a few midlands accents down the beach this week. We've had another mass invasion causing traffic chaos again.

EmmaLVV

Quote from: UK on August 02, 2020, 09:47:26 PM
Hi Emma, it seems like you have the majority of the hard to find Invicta figures. Won't take long to finish them.

I'm OK thanks considering. Well considering I'm going back to work tomorrow after two weeks off, my team Bournemouth got relegated from the Premier league, lost their star player and our legendary manager has resigned 😭.

And how are you doing and the little one? I've heard quite a few midlands accents down the beach this week. We've had another mass invasion causing traffic chaos again.

Well we weren't part of that beach swarm! We've stayed put and were hoping to have my mum & stepdad visit in a couple of weeks, although that now depends on whether my tests come back clear, as I've started showing Covid-19 symptoms. Just tight chested, slightly hard-of-breath, headaches, tiredness, and a mild cough so far, but definitely hoping it's something else. Thankfully hubby and madam haven't shown any symptoms, but they're both getting tested too, just in case.

I seriously can't wait for a vaccine to be developed. It's the uncertainty and fear that's so draining.

UK

Fingers crossed you just have a bug Emma.

Take care.

Carnoking

Got the Rebor Killer Queen Plain variant. I think she looks great. Suffers from some of the usual Rebor pitfalls, but as a whole, a wonderful JP style rex. I'll be getting the Nanmu brown rex in soon, and with that one coming there might not be room for two brown JP rexes on the shelf. If that's the case, I'll part ways with this one and replace it with a Jungle variant to get a Doe and Buck vibe going.

And speaking of Nanmu, the sinoceratops and indoraptor came in from avatar_Loon @Loon today. Glorious figures. My love for Nanmu is growing with each addition.

Not photoed is the Rebor Crimson King Carnotaurus. Always thought that was an ugly offering of the species, but any Carnotaurus is welcome in my collection. Plus with their requiem Carnotaurus Rex on the horizon, I thought I should get the original in for comparison purposes when the time comes.

I also picked up the new sound strike majungasuaurs and irritator from mattel, as well as several snap squads I also stumbled across some baryonyx breakout sets and attack packs on closeout sale at an out of the way Walmart, so I had to rescue those. It was a BIG weekend of spending for me  :P

Libraraptor

Those Nanmus are really fantastic!

sauroid

imagine those CollectA/Procon figures i bought when i was a teen are still being sold brand new in stores. :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Loon

Quote from: sauroid on August 04, 2020, 03:48:18 PM
imagine those CollectA/Procon figures i bought when i was a teen are still being sold brand new in stores. :o

Safari figures that I wanted when I was 5 (I'm 22) are still being sold at Michaels stores, so it's not too crazy.

Also, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking those pictures look great. Happy you enjoy them.

Roselaar

Very happy to see Mattel is pushing Camp Cretaceous stuff vigorously worldwide. Found these today:

Hopefully the show is anywhere near as good as the toys. I love the biting and thrashing action on the T-Rex!

CityRaptor

Yeah, some figures have a rather long shelf life. Others tend to get released and released again over the years, especially model kits, making it possible to get stuff originally created during the 50s up to this day...

I think the closest we get to that is when a big dinosaur movie hits the screen. Okay, some museums have it, too, but otherwise? Schleich Country!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 04, 2020, 10:49:18 PM
Yeah, some figures have a rather long shelf life. Others tend to get released and released again over the years, especially model kits, making it possible to get stuff originally created during the 50s up to this day...

I think the closest we get to that is when a big dinosaur movie hits the screen. Okay, some museums have it, too, but otherwise? Schleich Country!

Alas, retailers don´t seem to be brave or creative enough to give other brands a chance. I was, however, in the museums hop of the LWL-Naturkundemuseum Münster the other day and there they do have Papos! In the Stuttgart museum, they do have Bullyland. There are glimpses of hope scattered across the country. ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: