News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Found this little guy while going shopping today

It's maybe not perfect (and the colors are a bit simple) but it's a charismatic little guy and nodosaurids are rare in toy form (still planning to get that excellent Safari Sauropelta in the future)

Settling a dispute with the Mattel Ornitholestes that I got some time ago but forgot to post here, like the poseability on that guy.

Libraraptor

I know the controversial opinions on this Animantarx. I personally like it very much. So congratulations!

Halichoeres

I also have that Animantarx, because I try to get every taxon I possibly can, but that Sauropelta is to die for! You should definitely pick it up.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 28, 2020, 04:55:20 PM
I also have that Animantarx, because I try to get every taxon I possibly can, but that Sauropelta is to die for! You should definitely pick it up.

Luckily, I have this guy and you are right ;)

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor My congratulations on your new acquisition. On the other hand, the safari sauropelta I advise you to buy it is an exceptional figure, it is better to see it physically than in photography like most dinosaurs and other well-modeled prehistoric animals.

Shonisaurus

I just rebicir paraceratherium de itoy, it is huge !!! The elasmotherium looks dwarf next to that cool figure, it honestly looks like resin. I don't know what material it is made of. It looks like hollow vinyl but it is heavy. It is the paraceratherium that I always longed for thanks to the itoy brand I have achieved it. It is the absolute perfection with respect to this gigantic prehistoric mammal and it is only advisable for those people who love the fauna of the Cenozoic and in particular the Oligocene. It's great for making dioramas. My note 10 out of 10.

I also just got the therizinosaurus from Recur this is the counterpart of the paraceratherium from itoy. Very vivid colors but sincerely unrealistic and the figure is of course intended for a much younger audience (children) anyway I like the figure and it seems as if it had been shocked by the position of the front legs they have a pronation which makes him quite a funny and interesting figure. Obviously I cannot recommend this figure to any member of the forum (an experienced collector) but I can recommend it to all DTF members who, to their great fortune, have small children. Recommendable.

PrimevalRaptor

Yeah the Sauropelta is gonna be my next online hunt target (at the lastest for Christmas), it looks incredible on photos and given how much better the Nasutoceratops already looked in hand, it's gonna be phenomenal.

MLMjp

When I was kid I always had to use a T.rex figure as a Tarbosaurus-stand in...

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new figure, in this case tarbosaurus. As Stolpergeist rightly comments, I also don't understand how a decent tarbosaurus has not yet been made by traditional toy dinosaur brands to date.

ceratopsian

My Pinacosaurus by Kayakasaurus  turned up today!  Not with me yet, but awaiting painting...

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I'm happy for you, hope you get it soon. For my part, my Rebor tyrannosaurus carcass are already in Madrid in a store where they have deposited the merchandise in the absence of people at my home, on the other hand I also have to pick up the Shapesway velociraptor, a premium plastic version in another store . Tomorrow I will have a very busy day.

ceratopsian

Sim

I recently acquired the new Favorite Tarbosaurus and the Favorite Zhuchengtyrannus and Sinoceratops set.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Sim @Sim My congratulations. Honestly, I had a hard time finding those figures on eBay. I found the tyrannosaurus cheaply in an online store in Japan and the zhuchentyrannus and sinoceratops I got it thanks to Brett. Sincerely Favorite together with Kinto Kaiyodo and Colorata are the leading companies in Japan when it comes to prehistoric animal production.

Loon

I hope your Tarbosaurus stands better than mine, it's such a great figure aside for that.

Carnoking

Got these two second hand REBOR figures for a fairly decent price. When they arrived, I better understood why they were on the cheaper side. The Killer Queen needed some TLC in terms of paint which I touched up as best as I could, and the paint is starting to crack on the tail. I was glad to have another War Pig back in the collection after my plain variant was begrudgingly sold back in the day, but it too needed some touch ups on the tips of its armor, and there was a small split in the bending tail. Still, glad to have both of these in the collection. Pretty cool to see the REBOR ankylosaurus next to the Nanmu ones since they kind of have a similar color aesthetic going on. I also got the new savage strike Dilo two days earlier than expected, but that kind of got overshadowed by these beauts. 

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. Both the tyrannosaurus Rebor (two versions) and the Nanmu versions of ankylosaurus are magnificent figures.

Ostafrikasaurus

I am so excited to show off my latest acquisition: the legendary Bullyland Dire Wolf! I snagged it within an hour of it being listed on ebay. Even though it was listed as a "bid-only" item, I contacted the seller with my best offer (which was well below the $80-$90 US they are usually listed for), just for kicks, and to my slack-jawed amazement, he accepted it. As of right now, it's in transit, and I am absolutely ecstatic.

"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

SidB

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on September 30, 2020, 09:14:33 PM
I am so excited to show off my latest acquisition: the legendary Bullyland Dire Wolf! I snagged it within an hour of it being listed on ebay. Even though it was listed as a "bid-only" item, I contacted the seller with my best offer (which was well below the $80-$90 US they are usually listed for), just for kicks, and to my slack-jawed amazement, he accepted it. As of right now, it's in transit, and I am absolutely ecstatic.

Congrats, I saw this one too. Glad that a member acquired it.

Faelrin

avatar_Ostafrikasaurus @Ostafrikasaurus Congrats on scoring that pup. Shame there are not more dire wolf figures out there. One of my favorite prehistoric mammals since I was a kid.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: