News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

So, it's been a while...
Finally back to going out and getting figures, so here are the two of the four I got yesterday.(the other two aren't relevant to this thread, so they're in my collection thread.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. Especially the irritator is a very interesting theropod from Mattel.

Halichoeres

Wow, nice Bullyland collection ? @Stolpergeist. Oddly, I found my Liliensternus at a toy shop in the States, at standard retail (under $10), brand new with the tag. That was about 4 years ago, though.

avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx that's interesting, my Hypacrosaurus definitely has the pale green stripes. I like the blue!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Baryonyx on October 20, 2020, 10:14:03 PM

Managed to snag these two on Ebay recently; the Hypacrosaurus was the only actual figure amongst a load of the worst cheaposaurs! I couldn't believe it.  The stripes on this example seem to be blue rather light green?

The Carnegie Corythosaurus is such a great figure (camera has washed out the colours - actually looks quite cool) - though just in time for the PNSO news...
avatar_Baryonyx @Baryonyx , there's also a baby Safari Hypacrosaurus that sometimes comes up on Ebay for a relatively low cost. It has a more or less identical paint scheme to the adult and makes a good match.

EmmaLVV

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Totally feeling jelly over your Kaiyodo's! :D

Jose S.M.

That Mamenchisaurus looks nice! How big it is? I might get it since I'm kind of losing hope I'm getting one from Safari/CollectA. And that customization of the Macrauchenia looks great!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 22, 2020, 06:15:12 PM
That Mamenchisaurus looks nice! How big it is? I might get it since I'm kind of losing hope I'm getting one from Safari/CollectA. And that customization of the Macrauchenia looks great!
I have that figure(won it in a giveaway)

its about 7.5 inches tall

around 12 inches long
and roughly 13 inches along the spin

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 22, 2020, 06:34:22 PM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Ah, thank you, I haven't measured it yet and am going to review it eventually.
Amazon has the measurements in cm also.
Also thank you so much for opening my eyes for Mojö, Stegotyranno, they are honestly pretty awesome lately and I can't wait to get more.
The sauropods look great and I also am very interested in the 2019 Triceratops, Tropegnathus, quagga, Celebes crested macaque, hippopotamus and (I'm assuming northern) white rhinoceros.
Yeah, mojo is way cooler than you think. Their 2020 giganotosaurus was much better than i thought it'd be . The 2020 brown triceratops is probally one of the best triceratops on the market, just behind the more popuar battat and safari ones.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 22, 2020, 07:02:43 PM
Yeah, the new Giganotosaurus looks pretty cool, the EoFauna one is higher on my list of priorities but after I got that one I might consider the Mojö one.
The spikes are done pretty tasteful.
Also not to forget the Mojö Allosaurus, both versions, I definitely want them.
Deinonychus too, when the chicken hatchling yellow is painted over it probably looks fantastic.
avatar_Kathrins Dinoversum @Kathrins Dinoversum made a very cool repaint of that one.
https://youtu.be/yIwAw5lbt0o
Yeah, if someone combined eofauna and mojo 2020 giganotosauruses, that would be awesome. the crisp and sharpness of the mojo figure and the natural look of the eofauna one.
There should be a "Mojo Fun general discusssion"

paintingdinos

? @Stolpergeist Nice haul! The customization on the Macrauchenia is looking especially nice, can't wait to see how it looks finished and painted.

I think the Mesozoo Allosaurus actually looks really nice too. The teeth are very sloppy but the rest of the model looks well sculpted and has some heft to it, which is always a plus for me. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up but its great to see some in-hand pics.

Loon

? @Stolpergeist I'm loving the Macrauchenia customization. Between that and the Megaloceras you repainted, I've been very jealous of your mammal customs.

Crackington

I managed to get an interesting vintage joblot from eBay at very cheap price.

There's the Inpro Triceratops and Protoceratops, the old Nabisco cereal premium Dimetrodon and the Ajax Smilodon. Lots of ancient knock offs too including phony Marx Allosaurus and Triceratops from Hong Kong and fake Diener T-Rex and Triceratops.

Quite a few I'm not sure about, so will put them on the ID thread. Overall pretty pleased with them, cheaposaurs galore!

PlesiosaurusNessy

avatar_Crackington @Crackington : A nice old style figure haul!
The green brachiosaur quite above left is from Inpro, too.

The green brontosaur above quite right seems to be an advertising figure from "Sinclair Oil" in old days of America. around 50ties....

In the first row below quite left, the grey tyrannosaur is a Marx knock-off and in the 3rd row quite right the little grey-green stegosaur,too.
Below 1st row, 2. +3. left, the two brown-blue triceratops are from Jaru.
2nd row, both light and dark brown diplodocus are a kind of Marx knock-off´s, too!

The others I don´t know, too, unfortunately. Hope, I could help you a little bit....?
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Quote from: Crackington on October 23, 2020, 12:43:39 PM
I managed to get an interesting vintage joblot from eBay at very cheap price.

There's the Inpro Triceratops and Protoceratops, the old Nabisco cereal premium Dimetrodon and the Ajax Smilodon. Lots of ancient knock offs too including phony Marx Allosaurus and Triceratops from Hong Kong and fake Diener T-Rex and Triceratops.

Quite a few I'm not sure about, so will put them on the ID thread. Overall pretty pleased with them, cheaposaurs galore!

Lovely little lot! :)
The little green Triceratops in the back is Eddie Carr's hatchling from Kenner's Lost World line from 1997.
The black figure on the right in the front row is a knockoff of the Panini Camptosaurus.

Libraraptor

I love quirky little lots like these.   :D Sometimes they are even more intetesting than high end, top notch models.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Crackington @Crackington My congratulations on your new acquisitions, those mini models bring back very good memories.

Halichoeres

Interesting bundle, avatar_Crackington @Crackington. The dark-colored thing at front center, is that a scorpion of some kind? I can't make head nor tails of it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

EmmaLVV

Goodies! ;D

Invicta Pliosaur/Liopleurodon

Invicta Lambeosaurus (in better condition than my first one!)

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmmaLVV @EmmaLVV My congratulations. You have obtained a Holy Grail of collecting, that lambeosaurus from Invicta even though many years have passed, it continues to be a super interesting and cool figure. The other figure was one of the first pliosaurid figures made on the toy dinosaur market.

Halichoeres

Very nice photographs of those Invictas

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: