News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

My first ever recent acquisitions post! I was gone for about two-three months shortly after I joined. Had to take a pause at acquiring figures due to certain circumstances. Anyways, here is one of my recent acquirements: PNSO's Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus Diorama.

Love PNSO, Wilson is on the way currently over seas. I am so impatient for it.  :o

Jose S.M.

Very nice! I wish they would sell a version without the base though, I'm not really into big bases , but it still looks great.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread My congratulations on your new acquisition. Without a doubt, the yangchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus set from PNSO does not have to envy any high-quality resin figure. It is a set of figures worthy of a collector.

Faelrin

avatar_Bread @Bread Congrats on obtaining this set. Lovely pics of it as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Those look pretty nice, hopefully that base doesn't cause any space issues for you. It's definitely the reason I haven't picked this up yet, even though the figures themselves are awesome.

Bread

Thank you everyone! On Amazon the product is marked as prime for anyone living in the U.S. and I recommend grabbing one before they are gone. The base does take up a little bit of space, but sadly my Yangchuanosaurus does not stand well without it. :-\
However, still my favorite figure in my collection. ;D

jhudstone

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 20, 2020, 12:44:10 PM
avatar_Loon @Loon I can imagine how rare it must be in the US, I'm fortunately living at the most convenient location to collect Bullyland figures.
The red one seems to be pretty common here actually but not as common as the Arizonasaurus of which I have gathered four so far, one of them is going to avatar_ASoundOfThunder @ASoundOfThunder and another to avatar_Philoceratops @Philoceratops.
Mastodonsaurus, Paratypothorax and Edaphosaurus are however still extremely tricky to find and you likely won't get a Liliensternus without heavy paint wear.

For me it took about a year to gather all of them.
I am also thinking about eventually getting a better standing Plateosaurus.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin At least it has the abdomen... finger thingies making it recognizable as the genus.
Regarding Arthropleura the only two figures existing aren't too satisfying to me, especially after I have taken a closer look at the anatomy some years ago and now I am very picky with that.
On top of that it may also have very strange antennas, though that material is still in preparation in Münster.
Here is an old drawing I made years ago that shows what its body looks like when carefully reconstructed, ignore the antennas however.

But of those two that exist the Paleo-Creatures one is definitely faaar better than the Play Visions one so I would recommend going with that one.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I have doubles of each version, if you want to we can trade.

Play Visions made an Arthropleura?

Jose S.M.

Nice figures! Also first time seeing the Qianzhosaurus compared to something I have, in this case the Nasutoceratops, gives me a better sense of it's size.

Justin_

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 28, 2020, 09:19:17 PM
...... the old version of the Safari Ltd. Nasutoceratops.......
Is there a newer version?

CityRaptor

Quote from: Justin_ on October 28, 2020, 09:30:36 PM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 28, 2020, 09:19:17 PM
...... the old version of the Safari Ltd. Nasutoceratops.......
Is there a newer version?

I want to know that, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ostafrikasaurus

My order from sandspielfiguren has finally arrived, bringing my Bullyland prehistoric mammal collection up to 12 figures! The six new figures (Deinotherium, Chalicotherium, Andrewsarchus, Gomphotherium, Megatherium, and Anchitherium) are all 2012 re-releases, but they look no different than the original 1998 versions.

[insert General Grievous "fine addition to my collection" joke here]  :))
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist My congratulations especially on the new acquisitions of exotic models of tyrannosauroids and ceratopsids.

avatar_Ostafrikasaurus @Ostafrikasaurus I am glad that you have managed to complete the Bullyland prehistoric mammal collection without a doubt one of the best ever made in the toy market and whose figures are just as interesting as when they began to be marketed in 1998 and 1999.

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist Congrats on the acquisitions. I'm going to have to double check my Inostrancevia in the morning because the stripes on the arms look new to me.

avatar_Ostafrikasaurus @Ostafrikasaurus I think I forgot how well these all scaled together for the most part. Like I'm sure I've seen them all together in one of the collection threads earlier this year. I'll dig for it in the morning. Anyways congrats on such a haul. Now I really want to get that Megatherium (I love how huge it is) and Deinotherium soon, and probably whatever others I can get like the cave bear. At least I got the Chalicotherium (and from the same site no less) and Anchitherium (from Urzeitshop I think) earlier this year, in regards to their mammals.

Edit: Also does anyone else just love how "happy" the Chalicotherium looks? Can't just be me right? Such a charming figure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

What a fine collection of Bullyland mammals you  have. So many rare figures. Some of the ones give just bought are still pretty rare. I have a friend In NZ who has been after the Chalicotherium for a while.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

PrimevalRaptor

Some very nice hauls! The Bullyland mammals (and Diatryma) are really nice, I remember being very fond of the Chalicotherium when I got it as a kid!

And yeah that Nasutoceratops is the newer version, the older has a more striped frill, I personally prefer that one but even with the new frill it's an amazing ceratopsian model!

Shonisaurus

I just received the lambeosaurus from PNSO. For the tranquility of members of the DTF, this figure looks even better than the photographs of the prototype or in the worst case the lambeosaurus is just as great physically with respect to the prototype. It is much larger than I expected, far outperforming its Bullyland counterpart (also very pretty) but this PNSO lambeosaurus is highly scientific. Highly recommended. I honestly believe that the corythosaurus is huge. I have that lambeosaurus and he's big but compared to his corythosaurus he's even the little brother. How will the corythosaurus be in size and beauty? Time will tell me.

Jose S.M.

Great to hear, can't wait for mine to arrive! I'm very excited for it.

ceratopsian

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus - congratulations, that sounds fantastic!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I can assure you with resounding sincerity that the real PNSO lambeosaurus is better than the one shown in the photos or videos. It is better to have it in person, said figure is made of a plastic, it gives me the very resistant impression that it does not bend, I think it is PVC rotocast. Thank you also for your kind words.

Sarapaurolophus

Got this Schleich croc for 3€, can't complain ^-^
A little tooth sharpening is in order but it's otherwise a handsome one and will find its place in some future diorama for sure. I got it with an Edeka coupon. The cashier just gave me way too many stickers so I didn't have to buy a ton of groceries. Total win-win scenario.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: