News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Other than that blood soaked Smilodon, those actually look pretty good for what I assume we're originally cheaper figures. Looks like they're about the same quality as that Nayab Placerias. I particularly like the Synthetoceras. Which was a species I knew existed thanks to that classic Mark Hallett piece, but never knew the name of until now.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 06, 2020, 09:33:39 AM
Never expected to find this but I came across the Chick Yuet set.

[image clipped]

AliExpress?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

? @Stolpergeist Congrats on finding that. I've been eyeballing the Synthetoceras in that set for a while. A shame there aren't more figures of that one to begin with since that might be the only toy option out there for it (not bad take on it at all though).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Primeval12

I now own avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ? JK.

I am in love with this figure. I got it with a damaged box so it was a discount! ($42 - $10 cause i had a gift card.) I say a steal :)

Loon

Well, I can already tell that I hate Flynn. Magazines like these are always neat, and this seems to be a decent quality one. As a kid, I used to love to read the Lego Magazine for all the Clone Wars comics it had; this kind of reminds me of that.

Syndicate Bias

avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12

Congrats it's a beautiful figure I didn't hesitate to order mine as soon as it was out back in December and still love it to this day. Easily my favourite Spino figure.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 My congratulations on your new acquisition, it is without a doubt my favorite spinosaurus of all. In this case, Papo took great pains when making the figure. I am sorry that it is such an expensive figure, it is one of the things that I do not understand about Papo, if I sold it without a box it would be much more affordable, what I said is a robbery but in the end you get the satisfaction of having one of the best figures de Papo by far from my humble point of view or from my personal opinion.

? @Stolpergeist My congratulations for that mini tyrannosausus from the magazine Schleich Dinosaur in my case I have not been able to locate these magazines in the newsstands of my nation. It would be interesting to have at least that miniature version of the tyrannosaurus rex is a very well made miniature.

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 07, 2020, 08:38:30 AM
avatar_Loon @Loon Oh gosh, same, I started a subscription when the Clone Wars sets started coming out.
Before that I also read the Bionicle magazine until they stopped distributing it here which was right before the Bara Magna arc at the end of Mistika when Teridax yeeted Mata Nui into space.

I was too late for bionicle. By the time I really got into Lego (circa 2008), I think most Bionicle was on deep clearance.

Takama

Quote from: Loon on November 07, 2020, 07:40:04 PM
avatar_Loon @Loon Oh gosh, same, I started a subscription when the Clone Wars sets started coming out.
Before that I also read the Bionicle magazine until they stopped distributing it here which was right before the Bara Magna arc at the end of Mistika when Teridax yeeted Mata Nui into space.

I was too late for bionicle. By the time I really got into Lego (circa 2008), I think most Bionicle was on deep clearance.

Bionicle had two more years before it was Canceld by Lego.   In 2009 The Bara Magna Arc Begins with a Movie that was released, and in 2010, they end it all in the Chepest way possible with STARZ Sets.

I miss the Glory Days of Bionicle. The 2015 reboot did nothing for me. and now there a thing of the past

Loon

Quote from: Takama on November 08, 2020, 02:01:40 AM
Quote from: Loon on November 07, 2020, 07:40:04 PM

Bionicle had two more years before it was Canceld by Lego.   In 2009 The Bara Magna Arc Begins with a Movie that was released, and in 2010, they end it all in the Chepest way possible with STARZ Sets.

I miss the Glory Days of Bionicle. The 2015 reboot did nothing for me. and now there a thing of the past

I guess maybe my Lego Store was just really clearing them out; most of them were less than $5. It can't have been earlier than 2009, as my grandfather was still alive, so I don't know. I never really had any attachment to Bionicle, I really remember the commercials but that was it. I guess, in the end, Lego just decided it was time to "Move Along".

Bread

I purchased three Safari figures recently off their website. I had to pickup a few that were on my list of getting before Safari releases/reveals their newer figures. I also have a few PNSO figures to acquire in the future, but I felt like picking up a few Safari figures, because its been a while.

Love the Pteranodon's colors, as well as the pose. The pose was the definitive of purchasing this figure. I don't like really like the sort of wing's displayed/flying pose of pterasaurs on my shelves. This is also my first nondinosaur figure. The Parasaurolophus and Deinocheirus are also lovely figures. Both lovely poses and colors. I know some people don't really like the Para's colors, but that is understandable. Can't wait for Safari's 2021 reveals! I am so excited for them!

Loon

Good haul. I really do think that Parasaurolophus is underrated. I love it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. Honestly from my honest point of view for me the Safari pteranodon is the best made to date by any toy company and the deinocheirus is one of the best figures of that brand. I am glad you received them. The parasaurolophus is pretty but I think it would need a repaint. Those yellow colors that have been called the banana dinosaur do not favor them from my honest point of view.

Jose S.M.

I got this beauties today:

The Lambeosaurus is gorgeous but just a little glossy mostly around the head, still very beautiful figure. The Liaoceratops is so tiny and cute! By the way is the Lambeosaurus already called for review? if not I would like to do it.

ceratopsian

Well done!  I'm still sticking to my resolve to get them from my local shop, so I'm going to have to wait.....

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 09, 2020, 01:52:31 PM
I got this beauties today:

The Lambeosaurus is gorgeous but just a little glossy mostly around the head, still very beautiful figure. The Liaoceratops is so tiny and cute! By the way is the Lambeosaurus already called for review? if not I would like to do it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. My congratulations, you have purchased two fabulous PNSO figures. Honestly in my case the lambeosaurus seems perfect to me and I sincerely like the paint tones given to that figure even if they are a bit modern or avant-garde, and I am not in favor of dinosaurs painted with excessively bright colors but I honestly like that very much lambeosaurus with those colors on the crest. Without a doubt my favorite lambeosaurus even more than Invicta's.

The lianoceratops is an overwhelmingly charming figure.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 09, 2020, 01:56:22 PM
Well done!  I'm still sticking to my resolve to get them from my local shop, so I'm going to have to wait....

Hopefully they'll arrive soon so you can get them! I wish I had a local shop here, I only get older overpriced Papo over here

ceratopsian

It will be a while - they were waiting for the release of the Spinosaurus before shipping them all together, so Christmas/New Year.  It's not somewhere I can visit in person, but it's good to have an excellent mail order store in my country.  But there's nothing wrong with delaying the pleasure, and it sounds like they can be my Christmas present from my husband!

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 09, 2020, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 09, 2020, 01:56:22 PM
Well done!  I'm still sticking to my resolve to get them from my local shop, so I'm going to have to wait....

Hopefully they'll arrive soon so you can get them! I wish I had a local shop here, I only get older overpriced Papo over here

Bread

Thank you avatar_Loon @Loon and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and yes I do agree the Parasaurolophus is a great sculpt but the color scheme could have been better for the figure. I am not really good at painting, so I am going to avoid giving it a repaint. I still genuinely love the figure.

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. love that Lambeosaurus! Definitely an amazing figure, I am looking forward to having that figure in my hands at some point.

Loon

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. Congrats on the PNSOs. After getting the Corythosuarus, I can't wait for the Lambeosaurus. Also, the Liaoceratops is a fantastic little model. Here's hoping they bring the minis back, so I can get a good Kulindadromeus from them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: