News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thanks for your words. The Papo animal that has deeply captivated and fallen in love with me among all the novelties of 2020 is the megaloceros.

RaptorRex

I thought I got it pretty good when I saw this listing for the Dinostoreus Carnotaurus on Mercari. Unfortunately some things are just too good to be true. This is how UPS delivered my item. Beyond disappointed.

How it looked in the listing:

How it arrived, courtesy of UPS:

BlueKrono

That is devastating. The only Dinostoreus I have is the Amargasaurus, which I found sitting on a shelf in a fossil shop. It had already lost some spines and barely made it home intact. Through the mail would have been a disaster.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

Ouch. My sympathy. I had a fragile model arrive with significant breaks this summer (not a DinostoreUs) but I had it mended professionally. Of course, it added to the cost of the purchase but it was very successful.

Carnoking

You know this little figure is disappointing but now that I have it I don't think it's half bad!

Shonisaurus

R @Raptorex I'm so sorry that your Dinostoreus Carnotaurus is so damaged. Couldn't you get your money back? I have to admit that the Dinostoreos figures are very poorly packed. I bought them at the Museum Shop and the seller had to check that the figures were not damaged, since some were unfortunately broken or mutilated at the Museum Shop with that I say enough.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking My congratulations on your new figure of Papo sincerely it is a very well sculpted figure and it is a treat for the eyes and the touch to have that magnificent figure.

Bokisaurus

Great additions everyone! I finally got the PNSO Spinosaurus! Now just waiting for the Pachy ;D
More pics in my collection thread for those who want to see more.
[]

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus My congratulations on your spinosaurus. Indeed, what PNSO has done is a work of art. It is appreciated having this figure as well as how they are promptly delivering these figures to all DTF members and customers the various online stores spread throughout the world.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I recently purchased this euoplocephalus from the dinosaur cladogram in the American Museum of Natural History.

I don't think it was ever on display, but rather an extra cast that was sold in the gift shop decades ago.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Right up my alley!  Congratulations!

Shonisaurus

Nice sculpture and nice purchase. I congratulate you.

ceratopsian

Very unusual - I like it very much.

Halichoeres

Nice little piece of history there!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

brontosauruschuck

I just got a Sinemys gamera from Japan. I also found some Lego guys that the last tenant of my house must have left here. I think it's from Kaiyodo UHA Dinotales. Is anyone already reviewing it?

Shonisaurus

B @brontosauruschuck My congratulations on your new acquisitions. Sincerely, the lego and playmobile figures are exceptional even for adults.

Roselaar

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on November 26, 2020, 12:31:01 AM

I think it's from Kaiyodo UHA Dinotales. Is anyone already reviewing it?

You think correctly. Such a wonderful little figure!  :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on November 26, 2020, 12:31:01 AM

I just got a Sinemys gamera from Japan. I also found some Lego guys that the last tenant of my house must have left here. I think it's from Kaiyodo UHA Dinotales. Is anyone already reviewing it?

Yeah, it's Dinotales series 1, but the second release (improved joinery and superior paint jobs for almost every figure). Usually people call it Series 1.2. I'm surprised the Sinemys hasn't been reviewed yet, but I guess that's true for a lot of Kaiyodo figures. Best prehistoric turtle figure ever made, in my opinion (though there are a few nice Archelon toys).

Carnoking

Back when REBOR ruled

I only recently got into collecting REBOR, so tracking down this complete set took some doing and a favor or two. Needless to say, it was definitely worth it. I think this is one of the best thing's REBOR has ever done, whether the elements are together or separate, and in my eyes it is one of the greatest upsets in the dinosaur collecting world that they have more or less walked away from creating these affordable and awesome dioramas. I wonder why that is? It would seem to me that the individual sets would sell either way, then you have completist out there who would buy them all to complete the look. Seems like it was a great direction to go in, and to my knowledge no other company does stuff like this at an affordable level. So yeah, real shame REBOR has left that niche unfilled. Still, super glad to add the cerberus clan to the set and complete the look. I love a lot of REBOR's later work, but this will always be one of the coolest things they've done in my eyes. Perhaps a certain Carnotaurus figure could dethrone it, but it's starting to seem like they have lost their drive to produce that figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: