News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

A few days ago I completed this collection of "minis": Safari Authentics Series 1 (1993). I got two in a lot, so I searched for the other 4. I love the thick paint they have.

And yesterday I got a 1992 UKRD bendable / posable Tyrannosaurus to go along with my Stegosaurus. The paint is in incredible condition despite being nearly 30 years old. These are the worst figures of the UKRD collections, but as I have collected every figure of that brand from 1991 to 1993, I had to give them a try.
The rubber is soft and the figures have metal wires inside the limbs and tail.

And ... which poses can you do with them? Only belly flops.  ;D ;D Please DON'T LAUGH ...  ;D ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Ooh now that is nostalgia. I have all of those Safari authentic (though didn't know what they were called until now) and I have 2 of most of them. They are unfortunately all in the attic somewhere which is very full so I don't know where exactly right now.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

CityRaptor

You know the Authentics ( and the Toob figures based on them ) are rather super-deformed.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

JohannesB

I got this cute little (20,5 cm) chinasaur ("S.H. MADE IN CHINA") as a gift (I think it is rather nice for what it is), but I did not like the colors (purple and grey), so I painted it myself. I have no idea how old this toy is, like, say, five years old or decades old...

Dinoxels

I've sort of abandoned my collection thread, and I don't feel like updating it. I've acquired lots of other figures (including the Safari Ltd. Baryonyx), but here are all of the PNSO figures from the 2020/21 wave that I have so far:

That's all for now....more will come though.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Very nice, I am interested in seeing an image of your Safari Baryonyx too, can never see too many, and it will be a while before it makes it here.
The Miragaia looks gorgeous.

And that is nice repainting on that unusual looking Stegosaurus, surprising to see such a long neck on an old looking toy too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

Quote from: Failed archaeologist on February 14, 2021, 12:58:26 PM
I got this cute little (20,5 cm) chinasaur ("S.H. MADE IN CHINA") as a gift (I think it is rather nice for what it is), but I did not like the colors (purple and grey), so I painted it myself. I have no idea how old this toy is, like, say, five years old or decades old...
I love your repainting, it looks perfect on it and makes the figure safer. Because it's from the first years of the 80s, so it's indeed very old. I don't know the brand, but the circular seam and the dark purple colour is unmistakable.

Halichoeres

Loving the variety herein. Congrats to all :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Callophrys

So, I got home from work and this was waiting for me:

It's an absolute beast, in every sense of the word!

Here it is with its Eofauna counterpart:

It's beautifully detailed, and the paint job looks stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing it in daylight and getting some better pics of it.

For info, this came from My Online Toy Store on Aliexpress, and was ordered on 29th January, taking just over 2 weeks to get here. Considering that included the holiday for Chinese New Year I'm happy with that.

SidB

You're right, it is a "beast." That was quick delivery, too!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations to all of your new acquisitions. Thanks for the photos.

Ikessauro

It's been a while since I posted here. Here's a bunch of things from Safari, PNSO, Dino Hazard, Mattel, Mojo that I got in the last couple of months. And a single Godzilla figure, I ended up getting for someone else and our deal it didn't work out, so he's mine now  ;D

Edit: the Dilophosaurus in the second pic is a one of a kind sculpture I comissioned from a Brazilian artist.

Finally found the Safari Incredible Creatures Gila Monster

Stegotyranno420

sorry to bother but what is that dilophosaurus figure that is eating from

Duna

What a fantastic lot you got, avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro You have a very good taste.

avatar_sauroid @sauroid Your selection is very nice too. I'm planning to get the elasmotherium, too ...

I recently have completed another two collections I wanted very much to get. I'm planning to describe all the figures in the UKRD thread one day, of course. But now only these two pics:

UKRD 1992 complete collection of 12 figures. My first ever dinosaur toy was the Pteranodon, 28 years ago, so this collection was a must for me.

And the UKRD 1991 complete collection was even more important for me. My love for dinosaurs as a child started with John Sibbick's art and Norman's encyclopaedia, so for me, looking at some of his drawings as real figures is a dream come true. I wanted that Allosaurus more than anything ....
These figures are MASSIVE, by the way. Very very big. The collection shrunk year by year, surely these figures were not cheap to produce. I have also got 4 more of the second paint version of the collection, they are more colourful, but my favourites will always be the black, grey, cream and browns.

I bought the 1991 UKRDs as a lot along with some 80s Imperial figures. I'm surprised they are in such an incredibly good condition.  :o I have no room to collect Imperial, so I will put all of them on sale:

sauroid

i love those UKRD pieces, i have a lot myself.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 18, 2021, 05:03:00 PM
It's been a while since I posted here. Here's a bunch of things from Safari, PNSO, Dino Hazard, Mattel, Mojo that I got in the last couple of months. And a single Godzilla figure, I ended up getting for someone else and our deal it didn't work out, so he's mine now  ;D

Edit: the Dilophosaurus in the second pic is a one of a kind sculpture I comissioned from a Brazilian artist.

Congratulations! So much new Stuff here. The Irritator really is a piece of Art! I a really jealous. (Is there a way to order it, but outside of Brazil now?)
Dilophosaurus really reminds me of that one Artist on Etsy. She was mentioned here before but i forgot her name. She was mostly doing a sculpt one time and sold them painted. I would love a more detailed look at this work :)

Thialfi

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on February 19, 2021, 06:10:24 PM
Congratulations! So much new Stuff here. The Irritator really is a piece of Art! I a really jealous. (Is there a way to order it, but outside of Brazil now?)
Dilophosaurus really reminds me of that one Artist on Etsy. She was mentioned here before but i forgot her name. She was mostly doing a sculpt one time and sold them painted. I would love a more detailed look at this work :)
I believe starting from next week (could be wrong on this one) there will be a sort of Indiegogo campaign for international buyers interested in the irritator. Be sure to keep checking YVYs Instagram @yvy_figures

EmperorDinobot

I got the JW Sinoceratops...the one with the holes. It's a fun little monster.

Callophrys

Quote from: Thialfi on February 20, 2021, 12:40:15 AM
I believe starting from next week (could be wrong on this one) there will be a sort of Indiegogo campaign for international buyers interested in the irritator. Be sure to keep checking YVYs Instagram @yvy_figures

Thanks for that info! I certainly hope you're right as that Irritator is a beautiful figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: