News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

avatar_Mellow Stego @Mellow Stego is that the new Takara Tomy Dunklosteus? The colors are a bit different from what I was expecting from the promo images!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mellow Stego

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres it is!
Yeah, the paint really isn't very good on the final product. Still super cute though.

Closer pic

S @SidB. no occasion. She's just a super sweet person.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all new acquisitions. Honestly, that Eofauna triceratops is truly tempting. The elasmotherium undoubtedly together with the megaloceros of Papo, paraceratherium of Itoy and lisowicia of Collecta are among the best figures of non-dinosaur prehistoric animals. I'm glad for you.

Callophrys

My Eofauna Triceratops arrived today, so here's an obligatory pic of it with a T. rex:

And here it is with a couple of friends:

I like to think that in this image, Triceratops & Machairoceratops are shouting at Pachyrhinosaurus for some wrongdoing, and he's hanging his head in shame.

Loon

Oh, I'm so excited to get mine tomorrow! These pictures are just making the wait all the worse. Seeing it with the PNSO Tyrannosaurus, makes me eager to see Eofauna release their take on it. Based on this Triceratops, I'm sure they'd knock it out of the park.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

My W Dragon Giraffatitan, Eofauna Triceratops cryptic and PNSO bunch arrived today from Everything Dinosaur, and my PNSO Shantungosaurus arrived from aliexpress yesterday. I will post pics of all tomorrow and Saturday
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 11, 2021, 08:37:54 PM
My W Dragon Giraffatitan, Eofauna Triceratops cryptic and PNSO bunch arrived today from Everything Dinosaur, and my PNSO Shantungosaurus arrived from aliexpress yesterday. I will post pics of all tomorrow and Saturday

Wow, quite the haul. I'm excited to see your pics.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on luxury acquisitions. That PNSO tyrannosaurus and that Eofauna triceratops, the one you have the blue version and the other color version are extremely tempting figures.

Shonisaurus

I received the limited version of Gorilla Rebor and it is fabulous that I buy a second figure, since the first one did not reach me and paying tariff rates, specifically 25.16 euros, so in this case my opinion about the company in this case , bigbadtoystore is not positive. Anyway, I finally have the figure! and I can say that for me it is as if I had the giganthopitecus, and in my case as the saying goes "he who does not want to be consoled" since it is a painting version of King Kong and not unfortunately the famous prehistoric monkey.

Magnificent figure.

Kotori_Sonoda

Finally got my hands on an Irritator, trying to get one in my country has been... irritating. 
Now if only I can find a Majungasaurus...
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

ceratopsian

I had a massive box arrive from Everything Dinosaur on Wednesday, containing their recently arrived PNSO models (but I didn't order "Winter Wilson" or the Carnotaurus); the two Eofauna Triceratops; the Wild Safari Baryonyx (avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, you will be pleased to see I performed my duty as an Englishwoman and as you admonished me!); and last but certainly not least, the sizeable W-Dragon Giraffatitan.  I'm sticking to my resolution from the previous PNSO delivery to Everything Dinosaur and opening just one item a day!

Thialfi

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian woooow, what a beautiful bunch of critters! I love your opening resolution, I do it quite the same when I receive several figures in one time: take it easy, open one per day and truly appreciate its artistry. I am very curious to hear your opinion on your baryonyx and EoFauna trikes - if you'd be willing to share, please do!

sauroid

thats an awesome haul avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! i got 17 new PNSOs and expecting 3 more within next week and cant wait to post some pics.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian on your very similar to my haul. Did yours actually all come on one box or was the Giraffatitan separate like mine?
That Baryonyx is still my favourite thing though I think.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

One absolutely ginormous box avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx. I was pleased it came by courier and our regular postman didn't have to manhandle it!  The Baryonyx is still wrapped but I'm enjoying dinner (delivered treat!) under the watchful gaze of the newly released from its plastic bag, turquoise-legged Triceratops. Beautiful piece of palaeoart and much nicer than the promo photos.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 12, 2021, 05:42:29 PM
Congrats avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian on your very similar to my haul. Did yours actually all come on one box or was the Giraffatitan separate like mine?
That Baryonyx is still my favourite thing though I think.

Dusty Wren

Some new arrivals this week:

This is both my first Eofauna figure and my first Triceratops (at least, since I started collecting again as an adult; I had a bunch of 'em as a kid). I think I assumed that there would always be good Triceratops figures to choose from, so I went for more obscure ceratopsians. Once I saw the promo images for this one, though, I decided it was finally time to get one.

The Kamuysaurus is absolutely stinking adorable, too. 
Check out my customs thread!

Loon

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian That is one fantastic haul! Oh my god, I didn't realize how absolutely massive that W-Dragon Giraffatitan was.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren The Kamuysaurus is definitely looking good. I may be tempted to grab one someday.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I wonder if mine came separately because of the Tyrannosaurus and its box? I may be tempted by the Sauropelta and possibly the Qianzhousaurus at some point, but the Safari Ltd versions of both those do me for now.

So Eofauna Triceratops (cryptic), PNSO Tyrannosaurus, Miragaia (The best of these imo), Carnotaurus, Pinacosaurus, Sinoceratops and Machairoceratops, with the W Dragon Giraffatitan, and I picked up the deluxe Mapusaurus again as I decided that a) 1:30 is closer to my preference than 1:50 (though I'd prefer in between) and because the jaw closes and is not green). I also put the Safari Baryonyx I got last week because I love the figure. I will open the boxes tomorrow morning and reorganise my displays.

That Kamuysaurus looks lovely avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren and funnily enough what you did with the Eofauna Triceratops is actually what I did with Safari a couple years ago, I had no Triceratops bar the Papo in storage (and the Invicta but I don't count those) but saw that one and had to have it, I only have 2 in my collection now (I've since sold the Papo) because this is a different species.

ceratopsian

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx - also a fantastic haul there!  I think you may well be right about Winter Wilson tipping the balance to needing a second box.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren - very nice group.  I'm really looking forward to the Kamuysaurus and people's photos support my feeling based on the promo pix.

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. Those PNSO dinosaurs among other figures are lovely, I understand that you open a figure to give more excitement every day, I would not wait so long. Magnificent collection. I would like to have W-Dragon's giraffatitan too.

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren  Nice pickup! Without a doubt that triceratops Eofauna is the best that has been made to date and the kamuysaurus looks magnificent. My congratulations.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Nice pickup. It's exciting how many DTF members have the same tastes. Honestly the sinoceratops and miragaia among other figures are on my priority list and the same can be said for W-Dragon's giraffatitan. I am very happy that you have acquired and my sincere congratulations.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: