News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Duna on March 29, 2021, 05:28:09 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 29, 2021, 06:48:53 AM
Just got myself a Dino Riders "Killer Wart Hog" für 20,00 Euros, which ist approx. 24 Dollar or 17 pounds.

Is this price okay? Or did I pay too much?
You are surely very lucky. I've not seen it listed now for less than 70€ in Spanish second hand webpages. It's a very nice figure.

Thank you very much avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_sauroid @sauroid avatar_Reuben03 @Reuben03 avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  :)

Thanks for this information :)

Ezikot

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 29, 2021, 06:48:53 AM
Just got myself a Dino Riders "Killer Wart Hog" für 20,00 Euros, which ist approx. 24 Dollar or 17 pounds.

Is this price okay? Or did I pay too much?

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor Do you mean this one http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/11/21/megachoerus-aka-archaeotherium-tyco/, right?
If so, I guess its value depends...
A loose figure can be listed, as others said, in a 50-70 euro range
(one from ebay.it https://www.ebay.it/itm/Dino-riders-killer-warthog-ice-Age-protoceratops-gig-vintage/124539032902?hash=item1cff1ad546:g:8tQAAOSwqulgCdfZ; one from ebay.fr https://www.ebay.it/itm/19-6-30-4-figurine-dinoriders-dinosaure-tyco-dino-riders-Ice-age-Killer-Warthog/323964101167?hash=item4b6dc3e22f:g:EvsAAOSw7k9duZ7L),
but if you have bought a MISB figure, you have a 200+ euro figure.

Halichoeres

Yeah, I think that's an excellent deal!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

avatar_Duna @Duna, that is a beautiful lineup. I remember yearning for those figures back when they were new, but I never tried tracking them down later. Congratulations on your accomplishment!

I've been craving some vintage, lately, so I put in some orders on eBay - and they ALL arrived today!

Would you believe I was reading about the Royal Ontario set in Doug Watson's Collection thread when nearly moments later, I found this bunch for sale? They're pretty neat, and a bit bigger than I realized. Albertosaurus looks like it's doing its best impression of Zdenek Burian's Tarbosaurus. I think the Chasmosaurus is probably my favorite.

I was primarily looking for Marx and Sinclair, though. I bought this bunch for the T. rex, who's a bit scratched and scuffed, but very cool. The rest are mostly Ajax and Nabisco, I think? I definitely recognize some of the Ajax molds from my old toys. The Nabiscos have a pretty charming style (I actually have a couple in my collection already, but didn't realize it before).

I was gunning for the Brontosaurus in this set. I'm not worried about Marx completionism (yet), but there are a select few I definitely want. I underestimated the size of some of these Marx toys by, like, 50% - which is not a bad thing! I think the rest of the greens/browns are legit Marx, although I wonder about the brown Allosaurus.

The last lot I bought, this one for the Kronosaurus. Kronos is scarred and marked on one side, but it's still a neat figure. I was eyeing the Sphenacodon, too; what a unique choice of genus for this line! The other figures are nice, too; looks like I netted another Nabisco with that Rhamphorhynchus.

*whew*... That's all for now! I'm going to have to sit down and play with these things sometime, haha!

Well, this post got finished waaaaay later than I meant it to...

Libraraptor

@Fembrogorgon: Wow, full monochrome power!Especially those ROM figures give me chills. Until today I thought they´d only be available in grey. Wow!

Lynx

Got a huge haul of 7 safari Ltd figures! HOWEVER, I do have a complaint about Safari itself:

The paint rubs off very easily. Sucho came with a bunch of rubbed off paint, and bary had paint rubbed off in an area with a single scratch. I was a bit disappointed about that, but a little repaint will do. Anyhow, I love the new figures! They are extremely accurate and well made regardless of paint quality. Next time I get a Safari LTD figure I will try and find someone who can repaint it (if the paint quality is pretty bad).

Edit: New paint and the figure is great! All of them are beautiful and some even the best in my collection.
An oversized house cat.

stoneage

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2021, 12:11:57 PM
@Fembrogorgon: Wow, full monochrome power!Especially those ROM figures give me chills. Until today I thought they´d only be available in grey. Wow!

The original figures were gray or tan.  The bright colored plastic figures or painted figures are Hong Kong, Waiphoon knockoffs.  They are slightly smaller.  There was also a paint your own set.  The original Stenoptertgius however has never been copied.

Fembrogon

Quote from: stoneage on March 30, 2021, 06:37:07 PM
The original figures were gray or tan.  The bright colored plastic figures or painted figures are Hong Kong, Waiphoon knockoffs.  They are slightly smaller.  There was also a paint your own set.  The original Stenoptertgius however has never been copied.
Ah, so they're truly knockoffs, huh? That's too bad; they're quite attractive figures. Good quality, feels like.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 30, 2021, 08:16:11 PM
Ah, so they're truly knockoffs, huh? That's too bad; they're quite attractive figures. Good quality, feels like.

Would not mind if they are knockoffs.  I like them anyway.

Duna

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 30, 2021, 08:16:11 PM
No, not bad! They are from the 80s-90s, so they are vintage. I don't collect cheaposaurs, but I keep all the retro knock-offs like that (Marx style). They look very nice, too.

Crackington

Drat! I've recently got the Lambeosaurus and Chasmosaurus from eBay and was hoping to photo them for the DinoToyCollector site. Alas, they are the same colour as avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon ones 😟.

I don't think the seller knew they were knock-offs and they gave me a good deal otherwise. Nice figures and pretty rare over here, so I'll keep unless I get a chance for the real deal.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Crackington on March 30, 2021, 09:37:03 PM
Drat! I've recently got the Lambeosaurus and Chasmosaurus from eBay and was hoping to photo them for the DinoToyCollector site. Alas, they are the same colour as avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon ones 😟.

I don't think the seller knew they were knock-offs and they gave me a good deal otherwise. Nice figures and pretty rare over here, so I'll keep unless I get a chance for the real deal.
Well, as it turns out, I just found some more promising listings on eBay tonight, depending on how much you want to pay per item. I'll post them over in the eBay listings thread, if they aren't there already.

Crackington

Thanks avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, I'm in the UK so afraid the postage on most of them takes them beyond my budget. This will be a longer term project for me I suspect. Good luck for you though if you are interested in them.

Libraraptor

Roselaar

Found some more new JW stuff locally:

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 31, 2021, 10:18:31 AM
They put two cheaposaurs in that lot, too. Iam interested in it, but I fear it´s beyond my budget, too. :-[
These are ROM Knockoffs from HongKong - so, you should probably hold on to your money ...

Sim

I recently acquired the Papo Ceratosaurus and the PNSO Miragaia and Carnotaurus.  I'm happy with the Ceratosaurus and Miragaia but I'm not keeping the Carnotaurus.

Duna

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
I recently acquired the Papo Ceratosaurus and the PNSO Miragaia and Carnotaurus.  I'm happy with the Ceratosaurus and Miragaia but I'm not keeping the Carnotaurus.
I am with you that I like most those two figures than the PNSO carnotaurus (in fact I didn't buy it but I have the other two). Papo Ceratosaurs though a bit innacurate is one of Papo's best figures.

My recent adquisitions ... the WWD Utahraptor, which is one of the two figures I was missing. It had a little wear, as almost all of these figures, so I restored it as I did with the rest. Very easy and quick this one.
And I won a bid (4€) for 2 unopened packages of the Danone Jurassic Park collection from 1993. Very happy with them as I had none.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congratulatons on the new Figures :)

Like a lot of the Members here, I grew up with unfeathered Raptors. But seeing a Dromaeosaurid like this is uncomfortable to me.  Funny, how Things change. Still, it is a beautiful Figure of what was shown.

Thialfi

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2021, 08:53:22 PM
What is it you don't like about the carnotaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: