News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  Thanks for clearing my doubts, I thought the sick triceratops was made of PVC, it is actually made of resin, I am not surprised, such a perfect thing could not be made of PVC, it has no seams and that is only achieved with a quality resin figure. Nanmu has done a great job.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin My congratulations on your new JW acquisition that cryolophosaurus looks like a dragon, it's interesting.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia  My congratulations on that beautiful Sinoceratops. I have its equivalent of Nanmu.

Psittacoraptor

Hello, just registered and decided to post my first haul after browsing the last few pages!

I've been thinking of getting into dinosaur models for a while. The terrible new EU law that's coming on July 1st gave me a push and I decided to take the plunge and order the models I'm interested in from China. To my amazement they came very quickly (10-14 days). The only one that took longer was the W-Dragon Giraffatitan. That one took almost one month, maybe because of the massive box it came in. I had to pay no customs for anything, and even the shipping was free. It's kind of crazy that you get free shipping from China across half the world.

Here's what I got in the past couple of months:

My favourites so far are the PNSO Parasaurolophus, the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, and especially the GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus I received today. That thing is something else:

This model is just beautiful. Such a wonderful and complex paint job on a mass-produced item. It's quite a bit bigger than I imagined from hands-on photos, here it is compared to PNSO's Wilson:

I'll probably order some more stuff this week, so it will arrive before July 1st. I already saw something I want on the previous page (Gwangi's helicoprion from PNSO). For those who don't know: the new law means that every shipment from outside the EU will be taxed. Every single one, no matter the value, even if it's just worth 1 dollar. Customs offices are already slow now, when millions of packages are exempt from tax and delivered directly to the recipient. It will probably be absolute chaos once the new law hits and they have to go through every single package.

Faelrin

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Congrats on getting that one now. Like with my Sinoceratops I caught it while Walmart had it in stock online and was also able to do an in store pick up with it. If anyone is interested in it I would keep an eye there (if not in store).

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the large haul as well. Wonderful selection there. I hope to one day get some of these as well.

And now that I have the Parasaurolophus and Lambeosaurus it really puts into perspective how big that Giraffatitan (and the Carcharodontosaurus is).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

The last of my outstanding orders from before my dinosaur hiatus have arrived, and now that that's over I've already order more #whatswrongwithme?

I generally prefer to get the variants that match the film counterparts when it comes to Nanmu products but I didn't want to get the same paint job on two different models. Luckily, I thought the tri-color variant actually isn't too far off from the Jurassic World coloration, and if you look at the original concept art for Jurassic Park, the triceratops was much more blue before getting covered in dirt and dust, so this seemed like a good compromise. Plus, I do really like the colors.

I'm also delighted with just how well the two work with REBOR products...

"You gotta get up... We gotta go home..."

Also got in PNSO's Austin the Pachycephalosaurus. Not a bad little figure (emphasis on little) but definitely not worth more than 20 dollars max.

Libraraptor

Great new hauls,  everyone! I went for a Revell Dimetrodon diorama.  I like the small Diplocaulus in it and the sign!

Fembrogon

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor nifty!

Is ten bucks a good deal for a handful of Nabiscos? I thought it was.

The seller on Facebook ran into some delays in shipping, but they arrived today and they all look lovely. There are a lot of duplicates (a few of which I'll probably resell), but I also got a couple from the line I didn't have yet; so now I have at least one of every "dino" spices Nabisco made (be they originals or recasts).

The full Nabisco collection.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations Nanmu and PNSO are becoming reference figures for many of us who are collectors. You have gotten the latest news on the market. Lucky you!

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  My congratulations on these two vintage figures. Rebell made very successful models.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  Beautiful figures, it is good that you complete a vintage collection that fills one with satisfaction and I know it from my own experience.

Fembrogon

This habit is proving hard to kick...

This MPC, etc bunch went unbid save for myself, but in hindsight, I'm not as interested in MPC overall. I do like having a couple more color variants, plus more unique species such as the Glyptodonts - but I don't think I needed THIS many. Oops.  :P
It's a nice bunch overall, though - however I think the T. rex is a Winneco knockoff, due to some lacking texture and no name marking. I dare say I'm getting my vintage research in!

ITdactyl

Everyone else has these fantastic hauls of newer figures, but my envy meter was triggered by the MPC lot. ;D

I really want just one of those yellow Brontosaurus... but the shipping to my country is wonky and absurdly expensive.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon My congratulations on your magnificent figures acquired sincerely the doedicurus is one of the favorite figures for me from that group along with the orange anatosaurus or trachodon.

Carnoking

Took advantage of Creative Beast Studio's Memorial Day Weekend sale and picked up three stragglers from wave 1 (the chasmosaurs is actually turning out to be one of my favorites, go figure). Really, the big draw for the sale was being entered to win one of the original test casts for series one. I didn't get one, more's the pity, but I certainly didn't walk away empty handed.

Bokisaurus

Cool set, so was the discount worked? I tried to order some but it was only valid for older models and not the newer ones which were the ones I wanted 😞

Carnoking

Yeah, it couldn't be used on pre-orders or the new arrivals, so basically only wave 1 were eligible.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Definitely. They only make discounts on wave one of BoTM. Good to know. My congratulations, the chasmosaurus as already indicated is one of my favorite ceratopsids and BoTM has fulfilled my dreams. I'll see if I can buy it from everythingdinosaur. Thanks for the info.

Halichoeres

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor you're off to a strong start!

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor that's a cool kit. I wonder if Diplocaulus might actually have been scaly like this depicts. Modern amphibians are actually a bit odd in lacking scales.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Duna

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking what a fantastic selection of ceratopsians! Those are my favourite, too.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon those Nabisco and MPC are highly collectible! I adore ALL hard plastic monochrome figures. If only I could collect them too ... By now I only have the Spanish Danone, El Cigarral and Montaplex, Marx (which have been so expensive for me to get because of the shipping costs of nearly 40€) and these little ones I only dreamed to find ...

They are amazing, not only for their retro sculpture but for the plastic. It looks like it has small shiny particles, the picture is quite bad and it doesn't reflect how cool they are. Nearly all are Ovomaltines, one Henkel (same green too) and I was lucky to find a blue Yoplait stegosaurus. The person whom I bought them from had had them since he was a child and for nearly 50 years.

Fembrogon

Those are pretty neat! I think I like the rhino and the Protoceratops the most from that photo. Is the front left biped a theropod or an Iguanodon?

I had another small, but very important to me, box arrive from eBay yesterday - containing a Sinclair Ankylosaurus. THIS is one of the figures which got me started on this vintage hook; I have three of the figures, inherited(?) from a relative, so I'd like to get a whole line up. The Sinclair figures are a little rarer and pricier, though, so I guess I've been geting "distracted" by the other brands in the meantime (which is not meant to disregard them; I'm quite pleased with my Marxes!). This fella honestly isn't as nice-looking as the others I've got so far, but now I'm one step closer to my original goal. Tyrannosaurus should be joining the group soon!

Group shot with the other three:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on your new acquisitions. I observe that your passion as a collector is very focused especially on vintage figures that has more merit than collecting updated and modern figures since they tend to be much more expensive in many cases than the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of modern brands. I know this from experience in the Play Visions and Battat figure collection. I'm glad for you

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations those Sinclair figures are extremely rare on the market, that trachodon is the one I like the most of the group.

Duna

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 06, 2021, 10:41:19 PM
I think I like the rhino and the Protoceratops the most from that photo. Is the front left biped a theropod or an Iguanodon?
It's an Iguanodon, yes, good eye! By the way, the "rhino" is a Baluchiterium  ::) (incredibly!) It's my favourite one, too.

By the way, those Sinclair are highly collectible, too! You are very lucky. I only knew about the bigger versions with a base, but those are incredible! They remind me a lot of El Cigarral mini figures.

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus for your comments, I am mostly focused in Starlux now but they are expensive, as you have pointed, yes. There are other collections (monochrome hard plastic, which is my weakness) but too expensive and difficult to find.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: