News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon I have to say it is great, reading all this enthusiasm every time, hehe :)

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor What a refreshing aquisition here. Same to @PrimevalRaptor. Congrats to you!

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian There are no words. Thank you for showing us. (I love your Wallpapers/Walls and your general Style in your House. Big Fan. :D)

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar Congratulations on your Picks aswell!

Fembrogon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 23, 2021, 10:47:50 AM
That caveman with the ice cream cone ( yeah, I know, it is supposed to be a torch, but it looks more like an ice cream cone ) looks like a Flintstones character.
It does look like ice cream, doesn't it? I guess I'd get pretty excited/aggressive about ice cream in the Pleistocene, too.  :))

More Sinclairs arrived today; this bunch is all presumably recasts from DMC. The little Tim Mee/Marx guys are charming, but of course the two Sinclair recasts/variants were my main target. I quite like the blue of the Trike.

ITdactyl

Awesome hauls everyone.

Although my heart stopped at avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian 's spy box.  Did you receive nuclear launch codes? A new bioweapon? MI6 goodies? ;D
What a glorious pterosaur. Now I definitely know even if I had the cash to obtain one, our customs agents would never let me have the package unless I give an arm, both legs and kidneys, half a liver and my soul.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar , I feel your sentiment about the distribution of JW goodies. They do feel uneven.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , who made that "anatosaurus"?  Critters on the left side have a distinctive pancake look... those "ankylosaurs" are triggering a lot of childhood memories.

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My congratulations again, did they send you that beautiful suitcase along with the thalassodromeus sethi? That sculpture is immense.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  My congratulations on your good liking those JW / JP figures are phenomenal especially their sinoceratops in this case.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your new figures, these Sinclair figures, especially the anatosaurus, are figures that revalue in beauty other brands such as Marx or Invicta to give two examples.

Fembrogon

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 24, 2021, 06:12:35 AM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , who made that "anatosaurus"?  Critters on the left side have a distinctive pancake look... those "ankylosaurs" are triggering a lot of childhood memories.
Which one, the big yellow or the little blue? All of the figures are by DFC (Dimensions For Children), but they're technically recasts from other brands. The large Trike and Trachodon are from Sinclair molds, and all the little dinosaurs look to me like Tim Mee recasts.
The cavemen, I dunno; maybe Marx?

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 24, 2021, 10:55:42 AM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your new figures, these Sinclair figures, especially the anatosaurus, are figures that revalue in beauty other brands such as Marx or Invicta to give two examples.
Honestly, Sinclair has quickly become my favorite vintage brand, and possibly one of my favorite brands in general. It's a shame they only did six figures in this line!

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 23, 2021, 05:23:23 PM
An absolutely massive box was left on our doorstep (fortunately set well back from the road!) before 8 this morning.  It was the long-awaited bronze 1:6 statue by PNSO of Thalassodromeus. .......

Standing proudly on my limestone hearth:

:o :D Wow! avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, this is truly FANTASTIC and sooo beautiful!! One of the few times I'd say I'm really envious ;D .
Yes, we're in the true art section here and the Thalassodromeus statue looks absolutely brilliant on that limestone background.
Very tasteful! I can imagine the joy it's bringing. (can't wait to see more detailed pictures in your collection thread)

Quote from: Duna on June 23, 2021, 07:51:15 PM
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I almost fainted when I read that the package was LEFT ALONE outside your house! I understand that it's a common practice in some countries but in Spain it wouldn't have lasted even 2 minutes ... .......

I was about to think the same when I remembered the days when I was sent to Birmingham for a few weeks to improve my English at the age of fourteen in 1981. I also realized that the people didn't take care too much about their belongings and that nothing got stolen - also inconceivable in Germany. That's really great, Britain!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Depends whereabouts in Britain. A parcel wouldn't have lasted half an hour outside my house. There's loads of thieve here, though most are car thieves. We have had to put a camera outside the door.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

I never expected to feel guilty over a box day, but... Here we are.  :-\

On the plus side, it really is a nice figure. I'm noticing some quirks that need working around, but I'm hoping/trusting the "normal" copies don't have these issues (or maybe it's just the lack of a box...). I feel like I can pretty confidently recommend this figure, so long as people are buying from the right sources.  :-[

Halichoeres

Congrats on that wonderful statue, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian! Worthy of a museum.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 25, 2021, 08:00:59 PM
I never expected to feel guilty over a box day, but... Here we are.  :-\

On the plus side, it really is a nice figure. I'm noticing some quirks that need working around, but I'm hoping/trusting the "normal" copies don't have these issues (or maybe it's just the lack of a box...). I feel like I can pretty confidently recommend this figure, so long as people are buying from the right sources.  :-[

So is that a AliExpress version? All I really want is the lungfish...so I am hoping that it shows up alone somehow. I don't usually like 'special' editions, but given what I am looking for, I can't justify the full cost of the original.

Carnoking

The rest of my June recruits.

Super Colossal Carnotaurus and Sound Strike Cryolophosaurus repaint from Mattel

Also found their massive Disney's Dinosaur Carnotaurus from years back. Fun to see the old and the new side by side.

The juvenile Centrosaurus from BotM. Another welcome surprise. Now I'm only missing two from the first two waves.

This controversial Irritator

The new Shadow Monarch by Nanmu, looking mighty fierce with the rest of the gang.

And two newcomers from PNSO

Gamba arrived with paint wear right out of the box, so there's that.

And then of course there's Bieber and Rook, buyer's remorse incarnate.

Not individually photographed: The Amber Collection Pteranodon and Tiger Stripe Raptor, as well as the Schleich elasmosaurus.

I'm going to try to make this my last big month of dinosaur purchases before gearing up for the next wave of BotM ceratopsians and the Tyrannosaur kickstarter. I'm also thinking it's time to massively scale down the collection. As much as I dislike the idea of letting pieces go, I think it's for the best. I'd like my collection to be special again and honestly, I think I'm just getting lost in it at this point...

SidB

With you on your inclination to intelligently downsize, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking . I have done so twice and have never looked back. You keep what you treasure, the rest won't really be missed once the momentary tug of divesting yourself of them passes. It's very freeing, puts you in charge , not the collection. It exists for you, not vice-versa after all.

JohannesB

Quote from: SidB on June 26, 2021, 10:10:55 PM
With you on your inclination to intelligently downsize, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking . I have done so twice and have never looked back. You keep what you treasure, the rest won't really be missed once the momentary tug of divesting yourself of them passes. It's very freeing, puts you in charge , not the collection. It exists for you, not vice-versa after all.

Those are wise words, and I can attest to them. At the same time I still often have the feeling that in stead of me owning the things, the things own me.

bone crusher

This is my very first Nanmu dinosaur which I just got recently, really loving the quality and craftmanship of this brand.

ITdactyl

Nice use of light and shadow in the first pic.

I understand why this figure is highly praised. The hyper-detailed skin makes it look less like a piece of plastic.

bone crusher

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 27, 2021, 08:06:45 AM
Nice use of light and shadow in the first pic.

I understand why this figure is highly praised. The hyper-detailed skin makes it look less like a piece of plastic.
Thanks man, yeah the amount of detail in this figure is insane and not only it's super detailed, its hefty weight is almost like those resin figures.

SidB

Quote from: Archosaur on June 26, 2021, 11:36:38 PM

Those are wise words, and I can attest to them. At the same time I still often have the feeling that in stead of me owning the things, the things own me.
Without putting too fine a point on it, that' kind of a threat, a risk, a sword of Damocles that hangs over most collectors. For sure a sign of this dynamic coming onto play is a loss of delight in the hobby, even as we get more and more figures. Starts to become an addiction, analogous to Frodo and the Ring.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Archosaur on June 26, 2021, 11:36:38 PM

I often feel the same.  It is the way a society highly suffering from the results of unlimited  capitalism makes its members feel.   You must not be satisfied, then you are a good consumer feeding the greed of companies.

Halichoeres

It's not for everyone, of course, but I find that limiting myself to a single exemplar of most genera helps me to avoid overdoing it, growing bored, exceeding my available space, or struggling with what to let go.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

I got this amazing lot of lovely little Spanish vintage figures from a trade with avatar_Duna @Duna. So much retro goodness in here!  ^-^
The El Cigarral figures are amazingly detailed and wonderfully sculpted for such small figures, the picture sadly doesn't do them justice.
I have a special place in my heart for the Danone JP premiums, as a JP fanatic. Also so glad to finally add a Bacrtosaurus to my collection! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: