News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking What an absolute massive haul there. Never did get that huge Dinosaur "Carnotaur" from back in the day as much as I envied the kids that had one. I had no idea it dwarfed the recent Mattel FK one so much though. At the PNSO Stegosaurus pair, is it because of the price on those? Also feel you on having too much and perhaps needing to downsize soon and not looking forward to that, but of course I'll give a lot of thought of what needs to go, or at least moved from display. I came pretty close to doing it back when I had covid and was sent into a period of financial ruin, but I dipped out on fear of regretting it. I'm also pretty worried about space for the upcoming ceratopsians I ordered and where those will all need to go now, let alone any of the tyrannosaurs.

S @SidB Very good advice there, and you make an excellent point comparing it to poor Frodo there, on controlling the collection and not letting it control/consume you. I've certainly started looking at it this way, and I suppose some of it has been from comments from family about having "too many" dinosaurs (probably in response to the Mattel stuff mostly I would imagine).

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor That's perhaps a good way to put it. We are so spoiled for choice right now as well, making that ever harder to escape without much experience and self control (and money to spend). And as I have brought up many times before, it is truly starting to get overwhelming with how much there just is, and how fast things have gotten this way. Like all the recent PNSO releases for example.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres That's a really sensible way of doing things, and probably not the easiest with how many well made options there are out there for some I imagine. I imagine being strict about keeping things in scale would probably help as well. Honestly I may need to start doing that here very soon. And I can see myself being far more selective about genera and figures I want in my collection going forward.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

Quote from: SBell on June 26, 2021, 06:07:24 PM
So is that a AliExpress version? All I really want is the lungfish...so I am hoping that it shows up alone somehow. I don't usually like 'special' editions, but given what I am looking for, I can't justify the full cost of the original.
Yeah, this was purchased from Jurassic Zoo Store's page. I was actually considering trying to cancel the order, but the package was already on its way when I started hearing about the fiasco. Live and let learn, I guess.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking both of those Carnotaurs look pretty awesome.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar that's a lot of little retro goodies! The booklets are a nice addition. Which ones specifically are El Cigarral, again?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My compliments that irritator is adorable.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking   What a pickup! All the figures are pretty by far. Rebor's carnotaurus is one of the best figures of that dinosaur in an unscientific version. BoTM and Nanmu are making one-of-a-kind figures, and PNSO their figures are totally second to none, the carcharodontosaurus "Gamba" and the stegosaurus Bieber and Rook are better in these photos than in the initial promotional figures.

B @bone crusher  beautiful Nanmu figures and improve photographs, my congratulations.
@rose My congratulations on your new "retro" and vintage figures bring back very good memories of my childhood. Honestly, Duna is a great person and very effective when it comes to getting those of us who are members of the DTF vintage figures from the 70s to the 90s.

Duna

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Wow, those carnotaurus are magnific. Those PNSOs look much better in real pictures that in the promotional pics.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon That irritator is magnific, I'm tempted to it but it's quite big and not a "classic" dinosaur, I may get a Baryonyx first (I don't count the Invicta version), probably this year's Safari's.

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar You are welcome, it's a pleasure making trades with you. Those little Spanish vintage collections are now in a very special collector's hands.  :D I'm glad you liked the El Cigarral the most, followed by the Jurassic Park premiums. They are also my favourite.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you for your kind words, too.  :)

Roselaar

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 28, 2021, 03:56:42 AM

avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar that's a lot of little retro goodies! The booklets are a nice addition. Which ones specifically are El Cigarral, again?

Yes, I'm so happy with the booklets, makes for excellent reference material! :)

The El Cigarrals are the little monochrome figures with the card in the middle on the fourth pic. I should take a new picture, this one is way too blurry to fully appreciate their retro beauty.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Roselaar on June 28, 2021, 07:33:34 PM
The El Cigarrals are the little monochrome figures with the card in the middle on the fourth pic. I should take a new picture, this one is way too blurry to fully appreciate their retro beauty.
Gotcha; I particularly like that folded-wings Rhamphorhynchus.

I had one more eBay package arrive today; I spotted the Invicta Scelidosaurus and went for it. The other minifigures are nice, too - mostly Ajax and Tim Mee figures (or recasts). The larger sauropod and rex are kind of ugly, though; I'll resell those ones.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Those Stegosaurus are almost 2-dimensional. Interesting bunch.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

What curious figures, they remind me a lot of the paleo retro art of the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of the 19th century, very interesting on the other hand, the scelidosaurus of Invicta is one of my favorites but very small, I remember that once I thought I had lost it and he had fallen into the corner of a seat that happened 30 years ago. Since then it is one of my most loved figures in my collection, I was afraid of losing that figure.

bone crusher

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 28, 2021, 01:00:31 PM
avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My compliments that irritator is adorable.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking   What a pickup! All the figures are pretty by far. Rebor's carnotaurus is one of the best figures of that dinosaur in an unscientific version. BoTM and Nanmu are making one-of-a-kind figures, and PNSO their figures are totally second to none, the carcharodontosaurus "Gamba" and the stegosaurus Bieber and Rook are better in these photos than in the initial promotional figures.

B @bone crusher  beautiful Nanmu figures and improve photographs, my congratulations.
@rose My congratulations on your new "retro" and vintage figures bring back very good memories of my childhood. Honestly, Duna is a great person and very effective when it comes to getting those of us who are members of the DTF vintage figures from the 70s to the 90s.
Thanks Shonisaurus, will be doing plenty of that from now on.

Stegotyranno420

I recently got the Battat Cryolophosaurus, saw it for super cheap, I have to say, it looks much better in person than in photos. Will show pics after July 3rd

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A lovely package from Everything Dinosaur 🦕 today.
I heard that PNSO were discontinuing all their minis so thought I'd get the rest of wanted from Everything Dinosaur. They didn't have any Nemicolopterus or Chasmosaurus left so I bought from somewhere else I hope they're legit. I also forgot the Kosmoceratops so will have to get that soon.
Out of these, the one I wanted most was the Proceratosaurus, which is actually a good scale with a lot of larger figures. After that the Himalayasaurus, another interesting Triassic Ichthyosaur to go on my Triassic shelf.
The other theropods are cute but a little wonky. I am going to check with scale of that Abelisaurus too, because that might not be a bad scale either. The Ectenosaurus is a Mosasaurian no one else has touched, it's generally only Tylosaurus or Mosasaurus itself.
Oh and, I decided I might as well get the Pachycephalosaurus. This is the last time I buy one that isn't a dead cert, I already regret the Carnotaurus and will be selling. This one however has a nicer pose than the Safari to my mind, and is slightly smaller so hopefully once I remove that and the CollectA Torvosaurus from the 1:20 to 1:30 scale shelf I should have space for this Pachycephalosaurus, the Battat Euoplocephalus and the PNSO Yangchaunosaurus.

Sorry for wall of text, just copied my text from my post.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

I decided to just get the pics today
I like the figure for how accurate(tho conservative,  and no, not that kind of conservative), cheap, simple yet well made it is. My biggest gripe is how skinny it is, but it's a amazing figure that I had severely overlooked.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Cryolophosaurus is one of my favourites too congrats avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  on your new fugure. Though I do wish someone would do a feathered Cryolophosaurus at some point.

Stegotyranno420

Honestly I rather take a large bulky almost blubbery shoreline cryolophosaurus than a fluffy one, but thanks very much Gothmog

Halichoeres

It's an excellent Cryolophosaurus, the only one on my shelf. Sadly, when the Antarctic Dinosaurs exhibit was at the Field Museum a few years ago, the only one they could stock at the gift shop was the CollectA version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

A great book even though the illustrations are in b/w probably for financial reasons.  And a little cuddly toy mammoth from the flea market.

I also found this guy at another flea market  :)
pic uploade

Shonisaurus

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420  My congratulations on your acquisition together the Carnegie cryolophosaurus is one of my two favorite cryolophosaurus in my collection. They are for me the two best that I think, they exist in the market.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor  Magnificent acquisitions very interesting that book looks good, those pastas with that illustration velocirator vs protoceratops is very cool and the old Safari triceratops has nothing to envy its successor although better sculpted and although it is an old figure, years do not pass the years for it .

Duna

I finally took some pictures of the wonderful items I got thanks to avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar  ^-^

A lovely bunch of Panini saurs from the 90s to complete my collection, two PlayVisions amphibians and a pair of Sega Sunrise/Playmates (so nicely sculpted).

Some Starlux I was missing (I had another Cephalaspis but they are so nice and large)... I'm completing the collection so slowly but I'm happy I started it. The figures are wonderful.

A nice surprise has been the Acrocanthosaurus from Kaiyodo dinotales, I can't look at its incredible detail for a long time or I could start another collection ...  ;D A Wild Republic Glyptodon (so nice!) and two Linde figures from the 50s, Triceratops and Dimetrodon. I knew I would fall in love with this two, I like them very very much. The touch is super nice, kind of waxy, and the mixed coloured plastic fits very well for such vintage retro figures. This is a collection I would like to add more figures to, no doubt.

It is a pleasure trading for this lovely items ... thanks!  ;)

Libraraptor

avatar_Duna @Duna, I  really like your eclectic approach to collecting. In many ways it resembles mine.

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 06, 2021, 06:16:41 AM
avatar_Duna @Duna, I  really like your eclectic approach to collecting. In many ways it resembles mine.
Of course! Who else likes so much these ugly lovely retro plastic little figures? I focused on the Spanish ones, Marx, Inpro, Invicta, Starlux and now Linde. I also have added a few PNSO and the Gr Toys Carcharodontosaurus. But I won't lie if I say I spent an hour yesterday with the Lindes. There is a deep special feeling in collecting vintage figures. I admire the artist for the design, Zallinger's drawings were the first I've ever seen when I was a child. I look at those vintage little ones and I wonder how was the life in the 50s, 70s ... and how happy would have been those children playing with them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: