News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

Thanks avatar_Duna @Duna and avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus!

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats on getting that beast of a figure!

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Excellent figures and photos!

JohannesB

My new darlings

SidB

Excellent acquisitions, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB ,  I've got my Doyle 2 (just arrived) also and am waiting for the Iguanodon to arrive from Dan's. Here's another perspective on Doyle, both old and new, in comparison with Watson's 2018 Safari Triceratops:

JohannesB

Quote from: SidB on January 08, 2022, 02:12:25 PM
Excellent acquisitions, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB ,  I've got my Doyle 2 (just arrived) also and am waiting for the Iguanodon to arrive from Dan's. Here's another perspective on Doyle, both old and new, in comparison with Watson's 2018 Safari Triceratops:

Those are three excellent figures which all have their own qualities. I own the Carnegie Safari Triceratops (1999), which is an interesting different take on this species, and a nice contrast to the beautifully chunky latest PNSO Trike.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on January 08, 2022, 03:28:21 PM
Quote from: SidB on January 08, 2022, 02:12:25 PM

Those are three excellent figures which all have their own qualities. I own the Carnegie Safari Triceratops (1999), which is an interesting different take on this species, and a nice contrast to the beautifully chunky latest PNSO Trike.
I find that the 1999 Carnegie Safari, with its relatively lean build, is similar in this respect to Schleich's 2018 model, with its more gracile aspect compared to these three robust individuals. It's good to see the different interpretations. I like them all, but personally, the 2018 Safari remains my favorite, even in comparison to the Eofauna trikes, which have their own charm, so to speak.

Shonisaurus

avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB  My congratulations are undoubtedly beautiful figures and without a moment's hesitation the PNSO iguanodon is perhaps one of the best PNSO figures of the year 2021 along with the tarbosaurus, parasaurolophus and spinosaurus of the same brand. The triceratops is brutal. Thanks for the photos.

S @SidB  My congratulations, these three triceratops look great, honestly the Safari triceratops is still one of the best of its kind along with Battat and Schleich but the PNSO triceratops are not far behind. Honestly, the 2021 Triceratops Doyle promo photo doesn't flatter the real figure, it must be great to have it physically.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 08, 2022, 07:16:21 PM
avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB  My congratulations are undoubtedly beautiful figures and without a moment's hesitation the PNSO iguanodon is perhaps one of the best PNSO figures of the year 2021 along with the tarbosaurus, parasaurolophus and spinosaurus of the same brand. The triceratops is brutal. Thanks for the photos.

S @SidB  My congratulations, these three triceratops look great, honestly the Safari triceratops is still one of the best of its kind along with Battat and Schleich but the PNSO triceratops are not far behind. Honestly, the 2021 Triceratops Doyle promo photo doesn't flatter the real figure, it must be great to have it physically.
I left out the classic and wonderful Battat one because, at 1/40, it doesn't scale so well with these three. These three display nicely together size and color-wise, for sure. Yes, Doyle 2, like the first one, has a sound heftiness to it and fits in well with my ceratopsian diorama. The Schleich is leaner and somewhat stylized, but I like it and occasionally display it as a stand-alone figure. I think that it will show well with the future Schleich Styracosaurus and the Diaboloceratops (which I did well to get).

Gothmog the Baryonyx

From 2 different sellers, but both arrived on my birthday so nice extra presents to myself from myself lol.
The elusive Bullyland Mastadonsaurus from Germany
And the Character Options Primeval Anuragnathus, which I managed to find by accident when look for Doctor Who figures by the same company.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Good to see that this Bullylander is still available, avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , and that you were able to get it.

Shonisaurus

As I mentioned before my congratulations, the mastodonsaurus is a magnificent addition to your collection and the same can be said for the anuraghatus from Character Options Primeval, considering the mastodonsaurus is perhaps one of the few large and decently well sculpted figures of prehistoric amphibians if We except companies like Play Visions or Kaiyodo to give two examples and I can say the same about anuraghatus. My congratulations.

AcroSauroTaurus

Got my first couple of PNSO figures recently.
PNSO Pinacosaurus

PNSO Torvosaurus

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Kentrosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new acquisitions, honestly the torvosaurus is one of my favorite PNSO figures, and I also really like the pinacosaurus although I think it must be a bit small, but those colors make me commercially win over PNSO in terms of purchase of that rare armed dinosaur in the toy market, on the other hand, as I have already pointed out, the JP / JW figures are quite good figures and have the virtue of having as customers from highly experienced collectors to very young children, it is a brand of Mattel that works for both collectors and children.

JohannesB

avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus, congratulations on your purchase. The megalosaurid Torvosaurus especially is a very nice figure, I think. I hope PNSO will make a Megalosaurus too.

Duna

Congratulations, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB That iguanodon is in my wish list, but I have to sell something to buy it or wait for a sale. It's nice and hefty.

Wow avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx you are very lucky to have purchased that coveted mastodonsaurus. It's a beauty.

I'm looking to buy the PNSO torvosaurus, too, so thanks for posting your adquisitions, avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus and nice others, too.

And this is my last purchase of 2021, the PNSO dunkleosteus. I bought it on the 11-11 sale and it arrived on Dec 30. It's one of my favourite figures of this year. If you are in doubt whether to buy a Dunkleosteus, believe me, this is a perfect choice. I'm so happy with it, and the jaws are fun to play with. My family calls it "the trout".  ;D ;D

And now a very lucky find, not a bargain, though, but I was so glad to see an Invicta set of 12 dinosaurs with a box in such incredible perfect condition. I have 2 complete Invicta sets myself (yeah, I love them) so I decided to buy it for the box (I didn't have any). The nice thing is that the box came with the original poster in its plastic (you can take it out and put in inside easily, it's a tube) and the thin protective plastic inside the box, too! :)

The box included the 12 original dinosaurs in perfect condition, not even a scratch except the brachio (they seem to have belonged to a teenager or adult collector and have not been played with) but ... that owner thought they were ... figures TO PAINT and painted (very nicely) almost half of them.  ;D Why would someone repaint a blue-green brachio in plain egg yolk colour? WHYY??!!
I thought I could remove the paint of them as they are made of hard plastic and after two days of hard work I was totally sure it was easier to fill spaguetti with minced beef that this. OMG. Finally I have managed to restore them to their original aspect (only the stegosaurus left, but I'm too tired today). The brachio was a nightmare, there was a ton of paint on it!

And the last one, I admit I got a bit "freak" and nostalgic, so I couldn't resist when I saw the add on Facebook of this limited edition giant tin of "Dinosaurus" cookies in the shape of the mytical tyrannosaurus of the brand. https://shop.dinosaurus.es/products/lata-gigante-dinosaurus
I've talked about these cookies in the thread of the Spanish collections, interesting story, too. I ate them in the 80s, when I was a child (they are still on sale) and they gave away many dinosaur figures, all of them I still keep. By that time there were only the large cookies, but now there are a lot more (with white chocolate, with milk chocolate, mini dinosaurs and choco version and mini dinosaur eggs). All of them come in the giant tin for 19,95€ shipping included. I was quite shocked that the outside cardboard box (which is so cute  ^-^) came without any packaging on it, but it was nicely treated by the post service.
The tin is a cutie, it's a perfect replica of the rex cookie and even the bottom, too.

And there were my favourites, the protoceratops! (Yes, they all taste the same, but as a kid we all fought for this, hehehe). So yummy!  ^-^

Fembrogon

Nice haul, avatar_Duna @Duna; that Invicta box is awesome! Those chance finds are the most satisfying of all. Do share photos when all the models are restored!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Duna @Duna My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. You are an expert in acquiring vintage dinosaurs in perfect condition. You already know that I maintain the offer to buy you the UKRD dinosaurs that make me very excited apart from ordering you (if you find it) the missing parasaurolophus from that UKRD collection. Keep in touch.

Roselaar

avatar_Duna @Duna OMG, such amazing new stuff! Congrats on the Invicta find, it's fantastic!

That cookie can... I need it! So much nostalgia in one tin can! Do they ship it worldwide?

Libraraptor

avatar_Duna @Duna : Congratulations on your Invictas, including the first version of the poster! At first I was a little irritated and thought you had de-coloured the painted versions. But since you wrote they were hard plastic it cleared up. I can imagine someone painting these dinosaurs as an undercoat for bigger painting ambition.

Fembrogon

Speaking of Invictas, I was not expecting to find a blue whale for just $20 - but here it is!

As soon as I saw the eBay listing I knew I had to take it. It actually arrived over the weekend while I was away from the house, so this photo comes a little late. The model is pretty small, but it looks very nice; and it's exciting to own a figure I wasn't counting on!

JohannesB

Quote from: Duna on January 10, 2022, 10:57:02 PM

I have (only) one complete Invicta set. If only I could some day find an original poster like you did in that box to make it really complete 8)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: