News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: JohannesB on January 11, 2022, 05:35:02 PM
.... If only I could some day find an original poster like you did in that box to make it really complete 8)
You can buy one like this Here .
Actually there are TWO posters where the 2nd one is much harder to find.

Duna

Quote from: Roselaar on January 11, 2022, 12:50:13 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna OMG, such amazing new stuff! Congrats on the Invicta find, it's fantastic!

That cookie can... I need it! So much nostalgia in one tin can! Do they ship it worldwide?
I've sent them an email, I'll let you know. Because in the web the price is only for the Spanish peninsula.

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I've sent you a PM about the UKRD collection.

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor hehehe, yes they are the monochrome hard plastic version. But still very difficult to clean the paint.

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon congrats! The blue whale for 20$ is a very nice price. I like the model a lot.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon  My congratulations on your new acquisition. The Invicta whale despite the weather is not one of the best one-color toy whales.

avatar_Duna @Duna  I have already paid you, you can send me the UKRD dinosaurs. Thanks in advance.  :)

JohannesB

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 11, 2022, 05:55:35 PM
Quote from: JohannesB on January 11, 2022, 05:35:02 PM
.... If only I could some day find an original poster like you did in that box to make it really complete 8)
You can buy one like this Here .
Actually there are TWO posters where the 2nd one is much harder to find.

Good heavens, that giant poster is gorgeous. I'd pay at least $100 for that, but I guess it would cost me much more in the very unlikely case I ever found one for sale.

CityRaptor

You can get a small version of it from one of the Mickey Maus Magazines. Year should be 92 or 93 or so.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: Duna on January 11, 2022, 07:14:10 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on January 11, 2022, 12:50:13 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna OMG, such amazing new stuff! Congrats on the Invicta find, it's fantastic!

That cookie can... I need it! So much nostalgia in one tin can! Do they ship it worldwide?
I've sent them an email, I'll let you know. Because in the web the price is only for the Spanish peninsula.

Thanks in advance for anything you can find out!  ^-^

Libraraptor

Yeah, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, congrats on the Blue Whale!

And yes, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB, I am with you on that one, I can imagine me paying that much for that big Invicta poster, too ^-^

Let us hope we will both find one someday.

JohannesB

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 12, 2022, 07:56:24 PM

And yes, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB, I am with you on that one, I can imagine me paying that much for that big Invicta poster, too ^-^

Yeah, I know, right! :))

One question about the animals figuring on that poster: the Lambeosaurus is nowhere to be seen, it seems. Why would that be?

EDIT: Oh, I see that a few other animals are also not present (Liopleurodon, Baryonyx, Muttaburrasaurus, Dimetrodon). I am a bit dim :P So the poster must be from before 1989?

BlueKrono

Nice acquisition avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia! One of the most creative paint jobs on a dinosaur in recent history.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

Nice pick, avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia; Bart is becoming one of my favorite PNSO figures in my collection so far. It's a delightful little model!

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia  My congratulations, that pinacosaurus has very attractive and irresistible paint colors and is a very finished and beautiful figure like all those of PNSO.

Libraraptor

Quote from: JohannesB on January 12, 2022, 08:33:14 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 12, 2022, 07:56:24 PM

Yeah, I know, right! :))

One question about the animals figuring on that poster: the Lambeosaurus is nowhere to be seen, it seems. Why would that be?

EDIT: Oh, I see that a few other animals are also not present (Liopleurodon, Baryonyx, Muttaburrasaurus, Dimetrodon). I am a bit dim :P So the poster must be from before 1989?

Yes, I think so. The five figures you mentioned were the last ones Invicta released. I do not know in which order exactly, but it´s either the Lambeosaurus or the Dimetrodon which were the very last figures.

Duna

The 12 figure box like mine, with the poster, came in 1988. There was a special edition that replaced one figure for the lambeosaurus.

In 1990 they released a box with 20 figures and with a different art in the poster and in the box. The larger 180 cm poster that has commented Brontoscorpio.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Duna on January 13, 2022, 03:50:11 PM

The 12 figure box like mine, with the poster, came in 1988. There was a special edition that replaced one figure for the lambeosaurus.

In 1990 they released a box with 20 figures and with a different art in the poster and in the box. The larger 180 cm poster that has commented Brontoscorpio.

The limited edition (in my collection) :

The "20" edition (not in my collection):

---------------------

:)

Shonisaurus

How lucky you have been! Invicta's lambeosaurus is a very difficult part to come by and usually very expensive. My congratulations.

Libraraptor

Congrats, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow!

Shonisaurus

After a long time of dinosaurian drought, thanks to Duna, I bought UKRD blue nails dinosaurs from the 90s, therefore a bit vintage or at least declassified in perfect condition. I post the group image and then in my "Shonisaurus collection" thread I will post more photos. All thanks Duna, what a Christmas gift I have made for myself!

Duna

You are very lucky avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow to own the special edition of the 12 box with the lambeosaurus! It's even more rare that the lambeo itself (that's is very rare, too).

You are welcome avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I've been purchasing those large figures here and there for a long time so to complete a second set (I own another one myself) and I thought that you were the perfect person to offer because I knew you would appreciate them a lot. I was right.  ^-^ The 1991 Museum Line collection was the best made by UKRD, lovely solid rubber figures (while most chinasaurus were hollow). And the second paint version, "blue nails" are indeed more rare than the earthy tones first. They are full of nostalgia, I'm happy you like them. I'll keep searching for the Parasaurolophus.

In my case I've just received this lovely rare pair, the 2015 limited edition of Papo velociraptor and standing tyrannosaurus rex repainted in purple rainbow colours. They are very rare, I've seen none on sale for a long time, and the rex went for great $$$$
I'm so happy! ^-^

And there's a more preciated gem in this lot ... guess which  ^-^

Shonisaurus

My congratulations Duna for all your acquisitions are very nice I'm glad you have that limited pair of Papo over the years it will become more and more rare.

By the way, those vintage prehistoric animals I don't know which company they belong to.  ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: