News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Very nice choice! The Pinacosaurus is a charming little fellow isn't he? ^-^ I'd like to see PNSO tackle more asian ankylosaurs. There's plenty with good remains that sadly have yet to receive good figures (if at all).

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Thanks for documenting and sharing these rare pieces. There's something about the Invicta Lambeosaurus that just makes it such an elegant figure.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I've never seen this many UKRD (museum series?) figures together before. Usually they're scattered in large job lots on eBay. Congratulations!
toyanimal.info apparently is missing most images of the UKRD figures you've recently acquired. Would you like to submit some individual pictures of them to the archive? (assuming the person running the site is accepting images) Link: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/UKRD

avatar_Duna @Duna Congrats on acquiring those two rare Papos! Admittedly I find it amusing how much these repaints go for. But hey, this hobby is inherently irrational, and I've had my fair share of splurges as well  ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Pinacosaurus is the best, but that's partly because I love the Ankylosaurs with forearm armour, and that and Schleich's 3rd (or is it 4th?) Saichania, are the only ones with figures.

Congrats on those Invicta's too. Every so often I forget how rare the Lambeosaurus is and all.

A package from Everything Dinosaur arrived today. I wasn't originally going to buy these but decided to get PNSO Allosaurus to use as a 1:25 sub adult Allosaurus jimmadseni to go with the sub adult Stegosaurus from Safari and get rid of the CollectA Allosaurus. I still have the adult Safari Allosaurus with the adult and chick PNSO Stegosaurus as well. And I got the PNSO Tylosaurus to replace the tiger stripe Safari Ltd Tylosaurus which is a beautiful sculpt but the colour is a bit implausible.

Not opened them yet as did not have time.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thanks for your words, I would be willing to publish the dinosaurs acquired from the UKRD, blue nails version, on the website of https://toyanimal.info/wiki/UKRD. I do not have the slightest problem, although my photos give much to be desired to increase the photographic credit. of the said page. How can I publish them?

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx  My congratulations on your two new additions to PNSO, these two figures are a luxury for any collector. I'm glad for you.

Libraraptor

Doesn 't this look funny, a real tortoise shell put on  a Lisowicia figure?

Eocarcharia

Thanks avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy for the regards.

Quote from: Flaffy on January 15, 2022, 02:27:06 AM
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Very nice choice! The Pinacosaurus is a charming little fellow isn't he? ^-^ I'd like to see PNSO tackle more asian ankylosaurs. There's plenty with good remains that sadly have yet to receive good figures (if at all).
Yes, it is, and goes nicely with the rest of my Ankylosaurs. On the latter point, I'd personally love to see Saichania, Tarchia, and Talarurus get the proper figure treatment.

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Congratulations on the PNSOs, both of those look like great models.

Fembrogon

I took home an impromptu haul yesterday while shopping; Meijer had a bunch of toys discounted and temptation got the better of me.

I miss my 1st-release Mosasaur that's in storage, so I was already kind of looking for an excuse to get another one. The recycled plastic gimmick is neat too.
The others weren't really on any priority list, but they're already growing on me. I was surprised to see as many as four Alioramus on the shelf; I had the impression they were a bit rarer.

Roselaar

Just found a Starlux Ouranosaurus in a second hand store. Quite a miraculous find in this day and age in general and in the Netherlands in particular.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on January 17, 2022, 05:26:42 PM
Just found a Starlux Ouranosaurus in a second hand store. Quite a miraculous find in this day and age in general and in the Netherlands in particular.

Congrats, what an unusual find! On the other hand, France and the Netherlands are neighbours. Maybe someone bought it long ago during a trip to France.

Fembrogon

That's a cool find, avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar! Those chance discoveries are some of the most satisfying.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 17, 2022, 06:12:37 PM

Congrats, what an unusual find! On the other hand, France and the Netherlands are neighbours. Maybe someone bought it long ago during a trip to France.

Well, neighbours... There's Belgium in the way between us.  :))
But yeah, we share a continent so could be someone got it from a holiday trip to France back in the days.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on January 18, 2022, 02:55:54 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 17, 2022, 06:12:37 PM

Well, neighbours... There's Belgium in the way between us.  :))
But yeah, we share a continent so could be someone got it from a holiday trip to France back in the days.

Sorry  this is especially embarassing for me as a German who should normally know more about Europe...

Sim

I've recently acquired the following:

1. PNSO Yutyrannus.  It's brilliant!

2. Another PNSO Tarbosaurus.  The first one I got was very nice but it had some sloppy paint most noticeable on a few of its teeth.  I ordered a second one hoping it would be painted better and it was!  However it's from a different batch to the first one, and differs from the first one in having less contrast on its snout markings.  I was able to tell this was from a different batch because the first one I bought had an information sheet with a poster on the other side, while the second one had a booklet and a separate poster.  I prefer the contrast on the first one but I overall like the second one more so that's the one I'm keeping.  If anyone would like to buy the first Tarbosaurus let me know!

3. CollectA Borealopelta.  I finally got some CollectA figures.  The CollectA Borealopelta is great, I much prefer it to PNSO's.  It has the lighter coloured shoulder spikes, and the shoulder spikes look more accurate than PNSO's.  It also has cheeks and is just more pleasant than the PNSO to me, and more accurate too.

4. CollectA Iguanodon.  It's also great!

5. Another PNSO Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus set.  I bought this as I had one from the original production run and I actually prefer the Yangchuanosaurus's paintjob in the newer production run.  So, I'm happy to sell my original Yangchuanosarus and Chungkingosaurus if anyone wants their original versions.  Let me know if you're interested in it.  Perhaps avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro since if I'm remembering right you got a badly painted newer Yangchuanosaurus and wanted it to look like the original version?  I actually also received ANOTHER PNSO Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus set which has a Yangchaunosaurus that can't open its mouth, Everything Dinosaur kindly replaced it with one with a working mouth.  I'll see what I'll do with the defective one.

Other recent acquisitions for me were Safari toobs I had years ago.  I let go of the figures they contained but now I have decided I want some of them so I've been happy to get the toobs again.  They are all from more recent batches with some paint differences to the ones I originally had but that's fine with me, I don't prefer the originals.

6. Prehistoric sea life toob.  I like the Suchodus (labelled Metriorhynchus) very much.  I also like the Paranothosaurus (labelled Nothosaurus) a lot, and I prefer the grey colouration of the one in this toob to the blue colouration of the original toob version, it looks more believable.

7. Prehistoric sharks toob.  My favourite figures from this toob are the Hybodus, Xenacanthus and Orthacanthus.  I prefer the Cretoxyrhina from this toob to PNSO's creepy one, so it's the Cretoxyrhina for me.  I'm hoping this newer batch of figures won't have the Orthacanthus and Stethacanthus turn yellow.

8. Prehistoric crocodiles toob.  I like a lot of the animals in this toob!  My favourites are the Boverisuchus (labelled Pristichampsus), Euparkeria, Champsosaurus and Dakosaurus.  The Chasmatosaurus and Desmatosuchus surprised me pleasantly too, the former having the eyes painted correctly rather than filling the entire eye socket like the one from an original toob.  For some reason, newer versions of this toob, like mine, only contain 9 figures - the Postosuchus is no longer included.  Quite not nice in my opinion but it's fine for me as I wasn't interested in the inaccurate Postosuchus.

One other thing I'll say is anatomically I find the toob Dakosaurus and Suchodus more believable than the Safari Plesiosuchus and PNSO medium Dakosaurus, in having a ridge over the eye in the brow region and having the limbs completely concealed in flippers without any of the digits poking out.

One last recent acquisition of mine was the CollectA Gastonia, but it suffered from sloppy paint and details in places and I've not kept it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats avatar_Sim @Sim that is a lovely selection.
I'm also preferring the CollectA Borealopelta over the PNSO right now
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

I've just received this wonderful unique model of Mastodonsaurus. I saw it on a second hand webpage, the price was fair and looked pretty accurate and so well painted that I decided to buy it. The sculptor is Italian, he designs and he himself makes the models (he has a carnotaurus model, too). He uses real skeletal reconstructions as a base, makes the sculpt and then a resin cast.
I can't stop looking at the little one, is so detailed! The paint scheme is so rich, there is a lot of work in it. I asked if he could sculpt an Ambulocetus for me (I wanted this species so badly) and he agreed. I can't wait to see it ... ^-^

With all my mastodonsaurus figures. The Starlux on the right (I think the sculptor made it look more like a frog) and on top, the D'Agostini father mastodonsaurus (which is very nice on its way, too).

Duck

I got my PNSO Olorotitan today and I am very impressed. Pics later.
He who dwells in pond

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Duna on January 19, 2022, 08:47:27 PM
With all my mastodonsaurus figures. The Starlux on the right ...
A mastodonsaurus figures venue is never complete without the Bullyland one ...
p.s.
Are you sure this litle jem is a Resin cast ? - it looks to me more like some sort of clay made.

BlueKrono

avatar_Duna @Duna If he's casting an Ambulocetus I would surely buy one. Can you ask if he'd make more than one?

avatar_Duck @Duck You've got yourself an awesome figure there. One of PNSO's best.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Grimbeard

First additions of 2022:

-  Initally, I didnt really liked the very flashy colors of the BotM line (I still thinks some ceratopsian are too much). But the sheer amount of articulation and some REALLY attractive color scheme despite their flashymess won me over. I actually choose the Linheraraptor because it is the most vibriant of the Raptor series while still being visually pleasing. The colors work really well together and the sculpt is fantastic. Still need to figure out  which post I In the future, I play the add one Ceratopsian and one Tyrannosaur of the line for my "off scale" glas cabinet.

- I had PNSOs Ankylosaurs on my list for quite some time, but was a bit hesitant because of the reports of the overly grey wash on some charges. I think mine its one of the newer charges, the grey wash is definitel quite prominent, but the colors are quite nicely visible.  The sculpt is however is absolutely increadible, ESEPCIALLY considering its lower price in comparison to the newer PNSO releasese. Its head is my new favorite head in my entire collection, its so charming and full of character while still absolutely belivable. Love it.

Duna

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 19, 2022, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: Duna on January 19, 2022, 08:47:27 PM
With all my mastodonsaurus figures. The Starlux on the right ...
A mastodonsaurus figures venue is never complete without the Bullyland one ...
Yes, won't mind buying it because mastodonsaurus is one of my favourite species. Maybe some day I'll be lucky to find it cheaper.
p.s.
Quotehttp://Are you sure this litle jem is a Resin cast ? - it looks to me more like some sort of clay made.
Yep, it was stated as resin in the add, and now in hand I can confirm it's resin indeed, and it's a cast (it has a seam line but very well disguised and a mold pour hole on the belly). The sculptor has another one on sale (and at least other in the picture because you can see a bit of the tail), they are all made from the same mold as mine:

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 19, 2022, 09:28:49 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna If he's casting an Ambulocetus I would surely buy one. Can you ask if he'd make more than one?
Sure, I'll ask him. When he makes the mold he could probably cast another one.

Duck

Quote from: Duck on January 19, 2022, 08:56:55 PM
I got my PNSO Olorotitan today and I am very impressed. Pics later.
That aged well. My cat knocked over the dinosaur and broke the crest off. I am probably just going to return it to Amazon because it would be a real pain to fix it.
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: