News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Undoubtedly the figures you have acquired are luxurious, however (and by experience) the weakest figures of the group with the giganotosaurus and the baryonyx of Mojo. When I bought them I thought they would be something else, they are neither very good nor very bad, in medium terms I would note the baryonyx and giganotosaurus of Mojo of note 5.5 out of 10.

In any case it supplies the lack of Mojo the figures of Favorite (baryonyx and neovenator), of Papo (quetzalcoatlus), Schleich (spinosaurus of 2019) and TS Toys Eustreptospondylus.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 03, 2019, 08:59:08 PM
The Mojo Baryonyx is ok but the Giganotosaurus is pretty lame...
I love how disturbing the Papo Quetz is, and the Schleich Spinosaurus is so far ahead...
By Jupiter, these Favorites are excellent...
I actually got this TS Toys Eustreptospondylus ...
Great overview you put there.Liked the photos and also what you wrote.

DragonRider02

I got few new things.
1. Schleich Spinosaurus! After almost three months of waiting, one of my local toy stores FINALLY decided to stock the new dinos! I have no idea what took them so long.
It's a beautiful figure, except for those blunted and sloppily painted teeth. The bottom jaw is also kinda 'warped' to the side.

2. Bullyland Pteranodon. An unexpected thing; ED has Just got some in stock. Nice and colorful, I think it's one of the best P. Sternbergi figures?
3. Papo Dimorphodon. Ordered him along with Bullyland Pteranodon on ED. I wasn't really planning to get him right now, but since it's retired, I decided to better grab him while I can! I really like it, even though it's a JW's copy. I especially love the striped tail and blue on the head and neck. I only dislike the visable seam between neck and lower jaw.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: pylraster on February 19, 2019, 10:42:45 AM

This dude, who dwarfs both the Papo and Rebor rexes.

I don't know what brand made it.

That's itoy's T-rex version 1.0, the base sculpt of this figure is a REBOR King T-rex, just compare their heads and legs and you'll see. This figure was made by people behind itoy back in 2016, photos of its prototype were first revealed on some Chinese forums however its similarities with REBOR King T-rex were instantly recognised by many collectors, they were too scared to release it under their own brand so they sold the mould to their partner who's a bootlegger in Shantou, China and has been releasing knockoff figures under brands like Oenux and Wiben. How did we know? Well someone in their team definitely holds a grudge against itoy's owner and sent us all these juicy inside stories via Facebook message.

Shonisaurus

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02  I feel that your Schleich spinosaurus has a deformed lower jaw. However, your spinosaurus is a great figure. One of the best figures of spinosaurus for me only surpassed by that of the Papo brand (limited series)

On the other hand Papo's dimorphodon everything you say about this figure is true, it is based on the JW saga.

Bullyland pteranodon is undoubtedly one of the best figures of pteranodon stembergi but I sincerely like other replicas (a very recent one) of this species of pterosaur (Safari pteranodon) much more. Anyway three beautiful figures.

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Thanks for the information. In my case I bought that figure and I am very sorry to have bought a plagiarist and even more a smuggler who has plagiarized your excellent and outstanding figures. Needless to say, the next tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen" is a thousand times around this gigantic figure of tyrannosaurus if I know I would not have bought it for you. I am in favor of the companies of all the life and against the figures of contraband that can ruin the jobs of dozens of workers.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on March 03, 2019, 08:59:08 PM

I actually got this TS Toys Eustreptospondylus around a year ago but I never got to share a picture on here. This was a toy that had become a bit of a holy grail for me. Yes, it's cheap, profane and heart-breakingly ugly, but given the obscurity of it and the connection to WWD, and it being another rarely represented British dinosaur, I needed this in my life. Fortunately it didn't cost much either!

Ooh, that's a cool toy. Was that an eBay find?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 04, 2019, 07:19:57 PM
Ooh, that's a cool toy. Was that an eBay find?

Sort of. I had previously purchased the TS 'Eotyrannus'/Ornitholestes figure from this ebay seller, and I noticed a few months later that they had listed a couple more of the same line, but ones I wasn't interested in. I sent them a message asking if they had any more that weren't listed, and they actually had most of the others, so I made an offer to buy the Eustreptospondylus and Polacanthus together without going to an auction and they accepted. I think it was about £7 each. I have since sold the Polacanthus on as it wasn't really doing anything for me, but the other one I really wanted, which they didn't have, is the Coelophysis.

RobinGoodfellow

My first order from Spielzeug-guenstig DE :

:)

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photography of both figures Robin. From what I see the edaphosaurus is not a figure as small as I thought, next to the tyrannosaurus running brown looks good. Nice acquisitions.

BrontoScorpio

I didn't know PAPO are re-making the brown running T-rex ...

Brontozaurus

Thanks to a friend I now have the JWFK Carnotaurus. It was a Toyworld exclusive here in Australia, and when it came out I lived in the only city that didn't have a Toyworld, so no Carno for me until now.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Bokisaurus

The first wave of CollectA arrived :))
[]
More photos in my collection thread including individual and comparison if you want more. Cheers!

Shonisaurus

The figures of prehistoric animals and dinosaurs of Collecta first wave exceeds my expectations for me. They look great.

The carnotaurus of Collecta is very good and scientific but I prefer Safari. That does have more proportioned feet and has no articulated jaw and has a fixed base. What I do not like are their colors, although simple and conservative, I would have preferred another type of painting.

Collecta caiuajara is magnificent and is a figure that makes good trio with the guidraco and dimorphodon, the details as the facial wrinkles in his hozico are beautiful and in general is a very great figure. I like nevertheless its colors put on the skull and the blue jowl although they are not based on scientific affirmations. It is a beautiful mixture in its colors of pterosaur and tropical bird.

The sauropelta is another great figure of this group and its size, despite everything, although it is small, does not hide all the great detail of that figure.

Collecta's edaphosaurus is perhaps the strong figure of the group along with the borealopelta and caiuajara. The weakest figure is perhaps the carnotaurus has an expression in the hozico that does not convince me. However, as I affirm every year, it is an awesome and outstanding year for Collecta and obviously every year they improve their sculptures. I congratulate you Bokisaurus for your new acquisitions. Mine will surely be received in April in the physical store.

Tyto_Theropod

Ever behind on releases, I just acquired the Schleich WOH Kentrosaurus. This is secondhand from ebay as I don't support the company. I'm planning on repainting him sometime, although as he's one of an extensive queue it may be a while!

Due to my DTF hiatus, I haven't updated on new stuff for a while. I'll think about sprucing up my collection thread sometime...
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Shonisaurus

You do well to buy figures little by little, I think you have to save and not be a spendthrift as is my case. I congratulate you on that beautiful figure.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 07, 2019, 07:38:20 PM
You do well to buy figures little by little, I think you have to save and not be a spendthrift as is my case. I congratulate you on that beautiful figure.

Not only that, but I also have quite a few other hobbies at any given time! I'm also going easy on buying stuff at the moment as my meagre storage space is really overcrowded and I'm in the middle of reorganising it. :P
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

LeapingLaelaps

So February 24th was my 21st birthday, and I got quite a bit of money and decided to go nuts and buy myself some stuff from PNSO. I've also go the Mamenchisaurus, Ceratosaurus, Ophthalmosaurus and Basilosaurus coming.

This is my first figurine from PNSO and I'm absolutely blown away by him. He was packaged incredibly well (the box he came in is beautiful) and he came with a little book with some photographs of the model with a short story, and even a skeletal diagram of an Amargasaurus.

The figure itself is absolutely beautiful (minus the toes on the front feet being painted to look like claws ::)) and he even comes with a really nice looking and well-detailed base.

If any of you guys are on the fence about getting something from PNSO, I say go for it! Their figurines are beautiful and I can't wait to get the others that I ordered.

Now I just need to hang up some more shelves to put everything... :o

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new acquisition, precisely the amargasaurus of PNSO came to me yesterday and I can assure you that it is the best figure of that kind of sauropod made to date and I feel it for the rest of the brands, but it is my opinion.

Killekor

Congratulations LeapingLaelaps for your new acquisition! The PNSO Amargasaurus is simply an exceptional figure.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 08, 2019, 11:06:53 PM
I congratulate you on your new acquisition, precisely the amargasaurus of PNSO came to me yesterday and I can assure you that it is the best figure of that kind of sauropod made to date and I feel it for the rest of the brands, but it is my opinion.

I completely agree with you, Shonisaurus. I think that this is also one of the best figures released this year.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

MLMjp

I´m a Spanish collector who has bought a Spanish dinosaur, in a Spanish toy shop, in a Spanish city who also happens to be the capital city of Spain.

If the company who made it and place were it was manufactured were also Spanish, which unfortunately aren't, this would be the most Spanish acquisition ever.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: