News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Purchased this odd but likable Ankylosaur interesting figure in a second hand shop today. Anyone able to identify it?

Libraraptor

I have that very same figure, but couln´t identify it yet either.

GojiraGuy1954

Safari LTD Malawisaurus
CollectA Pravitoceras
CollectA Daxiatitan
Safari LTD Masiakasaurus 
Safari LTD Stegouros
CollectA Dearc
PNSO Megalosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Turkeysaurus

That might be a Chinasaurus , close relative of bootlegodon.

Faelrin

I'll get a pic later today, but I got some new Jurassic Park/World stuff courtesy of my parents while they were out shopping.

They got me the Mattel baby Apatosaurus, Toujiangosaurus, Regaliceratops, a box set of 3 color change Captivz, and a Lego Dilophosaurus and Nedry set.

The Captivz I ended up getting were the Indominus rex, Mosasaurus, and Triceratops. My first time getting some of these, and they are pretty nicely detailed figures for their size. Almost akin to a Kaiyodo figure if I'm being honest. The water change feature is pretty neat as well. Wish Mattel would do some figures like that (other then that one Snap Squad Parasaurolophus).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I've acquired the Haolonggood Stegosaurus, the green version and the blue version.  It's a phenomenal figure.  It looks so realistic, the plates are particularly impressive.  I was concerned it didn't have the throat armour, but checking it in person, it does.  The green one goes very well with my PNSO Stegosaurus stenops.  I've decided I'll only keep the green one out of the two Haolonggood Stegosaurus.  The blue one is nice too, in particular the shade of blue looks quite naturalistic, it's not as bright as it looked online.  However, its colouration just doesn't work for me for a Stegosaurus.  I would be happy to see something similar to it on a Tuojiangosaurus or Hesperosaurus figure.

Dilopho

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin You have some very kind parents! ^^

Dilopho

My recent aquisitions:

Tracewyrm!

I'm really late to the party, but I finally picked up the Safari Ltd. Velociraptor.
I've been meaning to get this little guy since it got revealed but I always seemed to get sidetracked, so it is nice to actually see this model in-hand!

As you can see, mine came with a pretty large paint blot on one side of the snout, but really I'm not too upset about it. Maybe I would if this was something the likes of a PNSO, but for this model, I think it builds character.
If I end up getting tired of that quirk, I can always just turn it around to the side of the snout that's clean XD
* (It's locked.)

Ludodactylus

It took a month to get here but I got my Kaiyodo Protoceratops today! And got to have a nice conversation about toy collecting with the window clerk at the Post Office when I went to collect it.

"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Fenestra

Congrats. I have the green one. I remember what a pintheass it was to find it. So, I'm happy for you. ^-^
Such a nice figure.

Ludodactylus

I just went on ebay and searched around until I found one that wasn't outrageous with price/shipping. Then waited three weeks for the seller to ship it due to health issues (which is fine, no fault of theirs). Then my mail carrier just dropped a "sorry we missed you" notice in our mailbox for it without bothering to ring the bell (we were home and could have signed for it), necessitating a trip to the post office to pick it up. But now I've got a story to go with it.

Of course now I'm feeling an itch to complete the series...
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Carnoking

The spoils of Jurassic June. Fitting that a majority of my pickups from the past month should be from Mattel.

I've been a bit more particular about what I buy from their mainline but I can be pretty easily swayed when I find stuff on sale or happen across figures that (in my experience) have been difficult to come across.

Meanwhile, the Hammond Collection has gone from strength to strength, so I'm always glad to pickup those figures whenever they hit shelves. That the Therizinosaurus and Giganotosaurus were already on sale when they finally started popping up just sweetens the pot.

But the crème de la crème of the month was easily this. I've wanted a Horizon Brach for some time now and finally found a loose kit on eBay for a decent price. Now that I have it though, I don't know what the heck to do with it.  :o

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats on the huge haul there, especially the classic Horizons Brachiosaurus kit. Last pic giving me "I have no mouth and I must scream" vibes though.

Come to think of it, most of my acquisitions this year has been throughout this month (and very end of May).

In total (Jurassic only, mostly Mattel JW):

-Apatosaurus (baby)
-Chasmosaurus
-Guanlong w/ Lystrosaurus
-Guiabasaurus
-Kaprosuchus
-Regaliceratops
-Tuojiangosaurus
-HC Carnotaurus
-Carnotaurus & Stygimoloch minis
-Spinosaurus mini
-Lego Dilophosaurus & Nedry set
-Captivz Color Change Indominus rex, Mosasaurus, and Triceratops

I'm thinking I'll try to get an all in one shot later today. Did a lot of cleaning yesterday, and the day before was spent on updating the DTC site I think.

Prehistory Resurrection

Just got the beautiful CollectA Deluxe Protoceratops from one of my local toy stores;

With the Deluxe Velociraptor for comparison;

Trying to re-create the famous fossil;

I had the Deluxe Velociraptor for some time and I've been eyeing that Protoceratops figure for quite some time. Wanted to get it also so as to be able to re-create the scene where both are locked in battle in the famous fossil find. Finally caved in. One of the most iconic finds in palaeontology and I am glad to be able to have these two as part of my collection. I did not participate in any Diorama contests before, but I may consider this year with these two.

Turkeysaurus

Most people think it was a self defense but actually it was the day Protoceratops stop being a vegetarian.

SidB

My new green HLG Stegosaurus ungulatus just arrived. It doesn't disappoint -

A quick comparison with the semi-venerable Safari S. stenops -

Now, bringing the newer PNSO S. stenops alongside -

And the older PNSO S.stenops -

EmperorDinobot

It's hard not to cry, but there's a pre Lucy and a post Lucy (my sister) acquisitions, and so far I've gotten the JW Hammond Dimetrodon, Chaos Pachyrhinosaurus, Chaos Becklespinax, Chaos Monolophosaurus (It is a lot better in person, trust me on that), Baby Apatosaurus, the Barry set and the Nedry set.

I tend to put them in front of one of her many shrines at our house so she can see them. I used to show her the stuff I got all the time, bring them to the bed and play with them. I ought to stop buying figures, though. I haven't worked in s few months, but goodness me, there's so many dinosaurs out there I want to grab! Thing is, I collect other things too so I need to really stop hahaaha! I can't wait for Monday.

Faelrin

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I hope it has been helping you heal some.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Faelrin on July 06, 2024, 03:58:42 PMavatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot I hope it has been helping you heal some.

I just put them in front of her picture so she can enjoy them too. I hope she can see them through my eyes. I think I want a BOTM figure next.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: