News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prime 1 Studio Jurassic Park/World (Wonderfest 2018)

Started by Loon, July 31, 2018, 03:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Prime 1 Studio, the company known for creating high-end statues that only your local comic-book store owner could afford, is currently at this summer's Wonder Fest, displaying their upcoming Jurassic offerings.

The already revealed Baby Blue 1:1 Scale Statue:

The previously  teased, I believe, Indoraptor Statue:

Jurassic Park T. rex Breakout (again...):

JP Triceratops with original, non-dirt covered, color scheme:

Also, if you look in the lower left, you'll see a goat figure, which is probably a preorder bonus with the Rex.

Group Shot:

Faelrin

Absolutely lovely that they are making a Triceratops with the pre-dirt color scheme from JPI. I wonder how much it will hold up to the minimal look at the animatronic in the making of video of it.

All those statues look absolutely excellent though. I wonder if they get their sculpts sourced directly from ILM? While I cannot afford any of these pieces (and would never have space for them along with anything else I own), I really appreciate the high res images there are out there of them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TheHeavyWing

Hello there! New at the forum...
Do you know which is the scale of the statues? Especially the trike

yankeetrex

Quote from: Faelrin on July 31, 2018, 03:36:36 AM
Absolutely lovely that they are making a Triceratops with the pre-dirt color scheme from JPI. I wonder how much it will hold up to the minimal look at the animatronic in the making of video of it.

All those statues look absolutely excellent though. I wonder if they get their sculpts sourced directly from ILM? While I cannot afford any of these pieces (and would never have space for them along with anything else I own), I really appreciate the high res images there are out there of them.

Julien Romeo is sculpting the Original Trilogy Dinosaurs for Prime 1 and he has worked for ILM in the past just not on any Jurassic movies.  The JW models are being sculpted by an ILM artist that worked on both JW films.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Emiliano on July 31, 2018, 08:06:28 AM
Hello there! New at the forum...
Do you know which is the scale of the statues? Especially the trike

I don't know for certain, but if the Blue statue is 1:1, then I would guess the trike is around 1:15.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Smilodon P.

I really loved the "accessory" that comes along with the 1:15 scale T-Rex Diorama   >:D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.