News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotori_Sonoda

I wonder, what if they added firing weapons or gimmicks like the old Kenner series humans, just to give them more playability.

And of course packing the humans with dinosaurs will work too.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Loon

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on November 13, 2019, 03:15:22 AM
I wonder, what if they added firing weapons or gimmicks like the old Kenner series humans, just to give them more playability.

Packing the humans with launchers, for some reason, is making me nostalgic for the Phase 1 Marvel movie 3.75 figures.

Though, adding the launchers would have adverse results. No line outside of Star Wars would charge more than $9.99 for a 3.75" figure. So including these accessories would probably cause the toys to be like most recent Star Wars mainline and only have 5 points of articulation.

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: Loon on November 13, 2019, 03:30:54 AM
Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on November 13, 2019, 03:15:22 AM

Packing the humans with launchers, for some reason, is making me nostalgic for the Phase 1 Marvel movie 3.75 figures.

Though, adding the launchers would have adverse results. No line outside of Star Wars would charge more than $9.99 for a 3.75" figure. So including these accessories would probably cause the toys to be like most recent Star Wars mainline and only have 5 points of articulation.

Yeah if that happens we'll probably go back to 5 POA.
I do love the articulation of the human figures, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw just how articulated they are for the size. I guess that's the trade off, they really can't have any elaborate accessories.

Faelrin

Well I got the Brachiosaurus today, but am feeling a tad bit disappointed with the one I managed to get. I opened it up, excited as ever, only to see that there is a splotch of black paint above the left eye. The jaw also looks slightly misaligned but I'm not entirely sure as the articulation seems to work fine. I have already contacted Mattel about this, and now I will patiently wait for a response back on if this is something that can be exchanged with them or with Target (which was quite a pain to get one of these in the first place from them). Worst case scenario I guess I'll keep it, but like just my luck right (which reminds me of the time I got that horribly scuffed up Mosasaurus from the Quest for Indominus rex pack I got last year)?

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

triceratops83

To the Aussies on the forum - Target has the Battle Damage Albertosaurus. That's the first new thing I've seen in Target for a while.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

PhilSauria

Thanks for the tip-off, however I saw it listed in one of those side-panels that comes up with retail options in relation to your Google searches, checked a local Target the next day and now have one!

Currently in a cupboard until my birthday next week. My (adult) son offered to fund it  - a quick birthday present solution on his part and I get one of the Mattel's that I have admired from afar and been unable to afford - until now. Guess there's hope for that retail chain over here after all in regard to this line.

tanystropheus

Spinosaurus is FINALLY available online at Walmart (previously, it was a bait and click ad that would redirect you to an I-rex listing) just in time for the Thanksgiving holidays!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jurassic-World-Battle-Damage-Spinosaurus/444333560

MLMjp

My Hammond finally arrived. You guys won't believe the story of why it took it so long to arrive!

Yo listen up, here's the story...

So basically I ordered the SDCC exclusive John Hammond from Entertainment Earth, feeling really bad about it because this is a figure that everyone should be able to get easily and just putting part of the limited stock for sale in an online retailer is not the way to do it, but because it was John Hammond I went ahead and ordered him despite the shipping costing more than the figure itself.

So believe it or not, it arrived to my country about two months ago, they called me when they were delivering it but I did not pick up the phone (I wasn't at home), and the package was not delivered, and no message of failed delivery was left. It wasn't until I called back that I discovered that they have tried to deliver it to me. I went to the USPS tracking website and it said that they would deliver it the next day....nothing happened in the following days so I head up to Correos, Spain's main mail company to ask for the package.

They couldn't find it and here I made a mistake cause I should have given them the tracking number instead of asking for a package with me as the addressee (My inexperience ordering stuff from overseas and also the fact that here, when a package is not delivered, they usually leave a paper that says they couldn't deliver it, and they did not left any notice).

Time passes and USPS tracking website still says the same, then I ask my father about what to do, he then told me to put the tracking in Correos website...and guess what, the collection period had expired. I went to Correos, told them about my situation and one guy agreed to help me in trying to recover the package, I visited correos every day for a week, unfortunately the guy couldn't retrieve it, but he was very helpful and I thank him for that.

So then I contacted Entertainment Earth and they told me that once they receive it, they will send it back, time passes and meanwhile, I was tracking the return of the package. One day, the USPS web said said the package had been delivered, so I expected a response form entertainment earth, a week passes and no response, I contact them and we came to the conclusion that USPS had lost my package.

I asked for a refund which got approved quickly...And then, the next day, the sent me an email telling me that MY PACKAGE HAD ARRIVED!
Immediately asked them to cancel my refund and to send it back to me, they couldn't cancel my refund so what they did is that they refund me and then they charge me again (and for some reason there was a 4€ difference between the refund and the charge, so technically I lost a bit of money, but no big deal). And finally my item is send back to me. AND IT´S FINALLY HERE.

I remember thinking back then that I would feel bad once the package arrived since this should be available for everyone and it was very bad move of Mattel to make it a SDCC exclusive, event if they released it later through Entertaimen earth, it still a bad move since it was a limited stock, but now I'm just happy that I managed to recover it.

Shame on me, I'm an hypocrite, albeit a happy one.

PD: Kudos to Entertainment Earth's customer support, they were very helpful with me despite being on the other side of the Atlantic.

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp Glad you were able to get it after all this time, and all that trouble.

ITdactyl

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp , forgive me for saying this, but I'm actually relieved and glad to find that I'm not the only one who has gone through a similar shipping "mis-adventure".  You seem to have handled it better than I did. ;D

On the subject of Hammond, I was hoping that THAT sculpt would be at regular retail - even if he ended up as rare as some of the dinos. With him as an exclusive (plus the current shipping expenses to my country) though, 'guess I'll have to pass.

Faelrin

The Savage Strike Plesiosaurus is back in stock on amazon.

Jurassic World Savage Strike Plesiosaurus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MZFSGP2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_x3u1Db2NN8XBS

avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus I hope you can get it.

Over9K

Heads up for you Mattel folks, BBTS has just stocked some of the JP toys. I don't know how they are on prices, I don't collect these myself, just pick up ones I really want. Remember, BBTS will ship pretty much anything domestically for $4. I will say that I got my Super-Collossal T.rex on closeout at Walmart for less than half that...

JW Mega Dual Attack Stegosaurus & Suchomimus - $44.99

Roarivores Metriacanthosaurus - $16.99

Roarivores Ceratorsaurus - $16.99

Roarivores Baryonyx - $16.99

Roarivores Ankylosaurus - $16.99

Battle Damaged Super Collossal T-Rex - $74.99

Chomp And Bite Velociraptor (Blue) Mask - $34,99

stargatedalek

Yikes, those prices look like what I'm used to seeing in Canadian dollars!

Brontozaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 14, 2019, 08:45:32 AM
To the Aussies on the forum - Target has the Battle Damage Albertosaurus. That's the first new thing I've seen in Target for a while.

I saw a few of them there last week. Not sure if I actually want to pick one up, $40 is a bit steep.

Related, in KMart the other day there was a label on the shelf for the Brachiosaurus, priced $69. Honestly cheaper than I expected, though I usually expect the worst for toy prices here (collecting Transformers back in the day scarred me...).
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Fembrogon

I was very pleasantly surprised to find myself a Brachiosaurus today at a local Target; I heard they were popping up again, so I made sure to check while I was out. Lo and behold, there it was! I thought I had missed my chance again, so this makes me a very happy camper.

I'm keeping it inside the box for now; I won't have display space for long, and I don't want to try taking it apart later. That's okay, though - I GOT HIM. Display can wait.

triceratops83

Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 21, 2019, 03:29:36 AM
Related, in KMart the other day there was a label on the shelf for the Brachiosaurus, priced $69.

Yep, I just saw the Brachiosaurus in a North Queensland Kmart. $69 is a pretty good price for such a huge licenced toy. Kinda annoyed that the things I spent a fortune on online because I thought I'd never see them in person are turning up here for decent prices. Oh, well.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: MLMjp on April 09, 2019, 02:02:59 AM
A better look at the picture:

That Brachio is going to be huge, and also very chonky.  ;D ;D ;D
Imagine being the one who got the Protoceratops lmao. You'd feel so bad about yourself
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ITdactyl

The lady with the Gallimimus doesn't seem to mind.  She's still very happy. ;D

But that Brachio sure is a chonker.... a killer of tiny apartments.

Piltdown 龍

Just curious--do those who take the dinos out of the boxes for display still hold on to the packaging? I know that it can no longer be described as MIB, but... anyway, just wanted to know  :)
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on December 08, 2019, 02:01:14 PM
Just curious--do those who take the dinos out of the boxes for display still hold on to the packaging? I know that it can no longer be described as MIB, but... anyway, just wanted to know  :)

I just throw it away since the packaging is open air anyway so I can't really it put the figures back in for storage. And of course for certain figures that require assembly once you snap the tail that's never coming back off so you can't put it back in the box even if you want to.

Also for pinoy collectors SM Mall of Asia has a lot of Savage Strike Plesiosaurus, both TK and the Department store...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: