News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

Woohoo this looks awesome! Can't wait to have it in my collection  :D I guess I expected a little more color, but then it is accurate to the material.

Quote from: suspsy on February 20, 2019, 12:07:14 AM
Very impressive. Will surely cost a pretty penny. Glad I'm not interested in getting it!

Seriously, then why comment...?

I doubt it will be priced much more, if any, than the Mosasaurus.

ITdactyl

Too beautiful to melt... oops... too soon?

I'll just silently but wildly salivate here.  Importing this big girl will kill me.

suspsy

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 20, 2019, 03:09:57 AM

Quote from: suspsy on February 20, 2019, 12:07:14 AM
Very impressive. Will surely cost a pretty penny. Glad I'm not interested in getting it!

Seriously, then why comment...?

Seriously, why not comment? People
express thoughts on toys they're not actually going to buy all the time. If I'd said it looks like garbage and a total waste of money, then sure, that's not at all cool, but I said nothing of the sort, did I?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Appalachiosaurus

Either that thing is 3 feet tall or that's some excellent foreshortening going on in that pic. It was about time we had the definitive Brachiosaurus toy.

And Suspy, I've only ever seen you speak poorly of the JWFK line. If you really dislike the toys that much, why do you still follow the thread?

tanystropheus

It looks great! Reminds me of the Tamiya Brachiosaurus (which is technically supposed to be based on the Mattel Brachiosaurus but I suppose that's not how the concept of time works). It's a bit less muscled than the Papo version but significantly larger from what I can tell. Honestly, this looks pretty impressive for a toy and will look majestic towering over the rest of the collection.

I am expecting a price tag of $99- $119. It's $49  :o

suspsy

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on February 20, 2019, 03:39:06 AM

And Suspy, I've only ever seen you speak poorly of the JWFK line.

Then frankly, you haven't been paying proper attention.

QuoteIf you really dislike the toys that much, why do you still follow the thread?

I have never once stated that I intensely dislike the toys. Go back and reread what I wrote about the Brachiosaurus, specifically the part where I said it was "very impressive." I'm glad I'm not buying it due to the fact that it will certainly be pricey. Do you understand that it's possible to be impressed by something (a toy, a fancy car, a big house, etc) and at the same time be relieved that you don't wish to purchase it?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

So the size and price (and other details) of the Brachiosaurus have been officially released.

From Collect Jurassic:

• Figure measures 28 x 36 in / 70 x 90 cm
  • Full articulation includes leg joints, tail and jaw as well as two points or articulation in the neck, allowing the head to move up and down and the entire neck to rotate
  • Sturdy plastic construction (no rubberized components)
  • SRP of $49.99

http://www.collectjurassic.com/021919-2/

I was curious about it having jaw articulation since it looked liked it's mouth was semi open with a seam at the bottom of it. Glad that is the case. Surpasses my expectations of this in regards to its articulation, though I am sad that the body is not rubber, but well, it most likely is a cost thing. The price is right where I expected it to be since it is close to size of the Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus.

Edit: Over 2 feet tall, by 3 feet long. This is about what I've estimated it to be way back when SDCC had the silhouette reveal of it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Faelrin on February 20, 2019, 04:53:07 AM
So the size and price (and other details) of the Brachiosaurus have been officially released.

From Collect Jurassic:

• Full articulation includes leg joints, tail and jaw as well as two points or articulation in the neck, allowing the head to move up and down and the entire neck to rotate
  • SRP of $49.99

I was curious about it having jaw articulation since it looked liked it's mouth was semi open with a seam at the bottom of it. Glad that is the case. Surpasses my expectations of this in regards to its articulation, though I am sad that the body is not rubber, but well, it most likely is a cost thing. The price is right where I expected it to be since it is close to size of the Super Colossal Tyrannosaurus.

Edit: Over 2 feet tall, by 3 feet long. This is about what I've estimated it to be way back when SDCC had the silhouette reveal of it.

Is this a European Target release or a worldwide Target Legacy style release?

Loon

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus apparently, it's only going to be a Target legacy item in the states, everywhere else, it's going to be in normal packaging at Mass retail.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on February 20, 2019, 04:53:07 AM

From Collect Jurassic:

• SRP of $49.99

The Horizon Brachiosaur model is about 33 long x 28.5" tall so roughly about the same size.

I'm hoping, given the pose-ability options, she can be stood on her hind legs.  ;D

tanystropheus

Quote from: Loon on February 20, 2019, 07:01:15 AM
avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus apparently, it's only going to be a Target legacy item in the states, everywhere else, it's going to be in normal packaging at Mass retail.

Awesome, I will have to look out for it. I missed out on the Legacy colored Pachycephalosaurus - I didn't think it would become a hot item.

MLMjp

49$? Slightly cheaper than the colossal T.rex!
It would cost more than that here in europe. On Spain, depending on the store, the Super Colossal T.rex is between 69,99€-82€. So going by that I expect the Brachiosaurus to cost between 60 to 70€.
Hopefully I am wrong and the final price is cheaper.

Still going to get it no matter what ;D

ItsTwentyBelow

Sounds like it will have adequate articulation. Will be cool if it can rear up, even if that's not the most realistic pose.

$50 isn't too bad, I will gladly put that much aside for this. Shelves everywhere beg to be graced by it!

This is surely among the most glorious dinosaur action figures ever produced, rivaled in size only by what, the Dino-Riders Brontosaurus and the Definitely Dinosaurs Ultrasaurus? I think this guy wins.

Cool stuff. Now, where's that Amargasaurus?

Not that it will ever happen, but I just have to say that if Mattel is able to release a Brachiosaurus action figure that size, then they are also capable of releasing a Mamenchisaurus (from the Lost World) in the same price range.

dinoMD

I really hope Target does not mess up the distribution like they did with the Spinosaurus.  Wouldn't it be great if we could order it directly from Mattel...  I've waited 25 long years for this figure!

tanystropheus

Quote from: dinoMD on February 20, 2019, 09:50:12 PM
I really hope Target does not mess up the distribution like they did with the Spinosaurus.  Wouldn't it be great if we could order it directly from Mattel...  I've waited 25 long years for this figure!

Yeah, I was worried about that as well. Target acquired exclusives to NECA toon TMNT. They must be doing something right.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 20, 2019, 02:53:56 PM
Sounds like it will have adequate articulation. Will be cool if it can rear up, even if that's not the most realistic pose.

$50 isn't too bad, I will gladly put that much aside for this. Shelves everywhere beg to be graced by it!

This is surely among the most glorious dinosaur action figures ever produced, rivaled in size only by what, the Dino-Riders Brontosaurus and the Definitely Dinosaurs Ultrasaurus? I think this guy wins.

Cool stuff. Now, where's that Amargasaurus?

Not that it will ever happen, but I just have to say that if Mattel is able to release a Brachiosaurus action figure that size, then they are also capable of releasing a Mamenchisaurus (from the Lost World) in the same price range.

I would expect an Apatosaurus first. However if this sold like crazy...maybe.

Faelrin

Yeah I still want an Apatosaurus (and Corythosaurus) too. Been waiting since 2015 for one (but well at least Mattel made the mini, so it wasn't entirely forgotten, but is not too scale with the rest of the line). It could just be a matter of time (especially if this Brachiosaurus sells well), but at least they did the Brachiosaurus first anyways, since it is from the first film, and is the more iconic of the two when it comes to the Jurassic films. Until then, this is the last (film species) herbivore I need now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

i'm sure sauropods will feature in the next film too. 

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 21, 2019, 12:46:53 AM

I would expect an Apatosaurus first. However if this sold like crazy...maybe.

Of course! I agree, Apatosaurus would be most likely to come next if there are more large sauropods. I think because I have seen The Lost World so many more times than Jurassic World, Mamenchisaurus is still the other main sauropod in the franchise that pops into my head.

Here's hoping for more smaller sauropods in the $20 range, too.

Digibasherx

oh man, I really want to put some re-imagined dino rider armour on this guy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: