News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: Loon on March 08, 2019, 05:31:59 AM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on March 08, 2019, 04:19:54 AM
Does anyone know when the Mononykus is expected to be released? Thanks!
I'm guessing they're the next wave of attack packs; so, maybe in two months?
Fall release, more than 2 months.

MLMjp

The Legacy collection raptor story packs have been spotted:

I´m gonna end up with three Alan Grants, but I need that female JP3 raptor even if it is just an attack pack repaint, will probably try to do some paint touches to it. Hopefully without ruining the figure.

Man does it hurt seeing the Big One with that mold, only thing they had to do is repaint the destructasaurus mold (which is basically a battle damage retool) and it would have been good. But they didn´t ::)

Loon

The "Posable!" call-out on the packaging is doing a lot of heavy-lifting for that raptor.

Loon

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp You and me both, haha. I got to get it though, at least because one of the JPIII raptors is getting released (well sure there's the repainted quilled sculpt still getting out there, but it isn't sporting a JPIII color scheme anymore), even with its inaccuracies. Funnily enough I saw someone on reddit pointing out how similar it is to the WWD raptors (Dromaeosaurus) too. Never really noticed how similar the female JPIII raptor and WWD raptors were before (not entirely of course, but somewhat).

Now that we finally have an in package look at the other set though, I'll definitely be passing up on it. It's barely any different from the previous green one, in coloration, and I don't need another Muldoon really. And if I'm being honest, since this raptor's coloration is too far off from resembling the JP/TLW female raptors, I prefer the original green one because of its vibrant color scheme (or the Echo coming out later).

Edit: Since the Plesiosaurus is also making its way out there, if I had to guess these should be common place in most stores (in the US at least) by next month or May at the latest.

I also did another check today at my nearest Walmart. They still had "wave 3" attack packs from last year. I also recall them overflowing with them around Black Friday last year too. Must have ordered too many that they've been struggling to sell.

Another edit: Actually kind of sad how much times have changed for toy production, because surprisingly the Hasbro JPIII one was more accurate (and ditto for the quilled male, minus the weird underbite it had). I'd actually like to get my hands on those again, although I have a feeling they are too big to be in scale with the rest of the line.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2019, 04:38:24 AM
The Plesiosaurus has been found in Mexico.

So the Nessie has been sighted in Mexico...interesting. Wasn't the Spino also first sighted in Mexico?

Loon

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus I don't think the Spinosaurus has ever been spotted at retail outside of the UK, and once at a couple of Targets in the US. I know the Extreme Chompin' Rex was first spotted, and first found out about, in Mexico.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2019, 09:17:19 AM
avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus I don't think the Spinosaurus has ever been spotted at retail outside of the UK, and once at a couple of Targets in the US. I know the Extreme Chompin' Rex was first spotted, and first found out about, in Mexico.

I bought mine on MyToys (Germany)..

Loon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 10, 2019, 09:46:58 AM
Europe, the UK, I'm an American, they all blend together in my less-evolved mind.

MLMjp

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2019, 09:49:18 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 10, 2019, 09:46:58 AM
Europe, the UK, I'm an American, they all blend together in my less-evolved mind.
Spain also had the Spinosaurus and most of the Legacy range thanks to El Corte Inglés.

Loon

Quote from: MLMjp on March 10, 2019, 10:15:42 AM
Spain also had the Spinosaurus and most of the Legacy range thanks to El Corte Inglés.
Listen...

MoarCrossovers

Why won't Mattel let us in the UK get the Action Attack and Savage Strike dinos?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Loon on March 10, 2019, 09:17:19 AM

The first YouTube video depicting the Spino out in the wild was recorded in Mexico. I remember the YouTuber was pretty stoked, but shortly after (like in about a week), it was also found in the UK.

Loon

So, I made this as a joke and posted on the JP toys Facebook page, it was deleted. Hopefully, you guys have a better sense of humor.

Legacy Collection Lex and Velociraptor Story Pack

stargatedalek

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 11, 2019, 02:48:14 AM
I'm afraid I don't get it.
It was a dumb idea I had seeing those new legacy story packs, especially the off colors of "the big one' and the lazy repaint for JP 3 Alan Grant.

CityRaptor

For some reason I am thinking Chaos Effect. So this is not Lex, but clearly Gamma Masie. ;D

As for the Alan Grant repaint, it is basically a hommage to this set:
https://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/jurassic-park-3/vehicles/raptor-motorcycle/index.htm
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Digibasherx

Is it safe to say that Canada won't be getting the legacy spino at this point?  I think Target's probably all but cleared out by now too :(.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Digibasherx on March 12, 2019, 04:21:53 AM
Is it safe to say that Canada won't be getting the legacy spino at this point?  I think Target's probably all but cleared out by now too :(.
Don't give up yet, some people have spotted Legacy series jeeps in Canadian TRU stores.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: