You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino Scream3232

Review for the Quetzalcoatlus. Definitely my favorite out of the Mattel pterosaurs. I'm actually a fan of the bright colors. And avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I have someone helping me get the battle damage plesiosaur. We are probably taking about the same person on Instagram. https://youtu.be/OBtr_zBlfWY

triceratops83

Quote from: PhilSauria on June 15, 2019, 11:40:53 PM
The thing is supposed to be available in Target stores over here, as mentioned by another Australian Forum member, but I've never seen one and Target seem to be shifting the JW stock at clearance prices just now so that doesn't bode well for the future. In any case the shelves here are full of Pteranodons, Triceratops, Stygimolochs and Raptors and that's your choice.

I asked one of the staff at Target to check if they had any more BD Plesiosaurs, and he suggested that I use Click and Collect on the website and order it to the store, HOWEVER even though the Plesiosaurs was pictured your only option is a randomly picked BD figure. There still oddly seems to be a better range where I am compared to what other Forum members are telling me is available in larger cities - The two Target stores in Mackay/Sarina have most of the Roarivores including Ceratosaurus and Sinoceratops, Dual Attacks including Concavenator and Parasaurolophus and a few of the less often encountered Attack Packs like Protoceratops and Rhamphorhynchus (Big W is better for Attack Packs though). The only other Battle Damage figures I've seen at Target are Stygimoloch, Pteranodon, Velociraptor and that one Plesiosaurus.

What's annoying though is all the so called Target Exclusives never find their way to Australian stores, as was also the case back when the Battat Terra figures were released.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

PhilSauria

I also checked the Target site, in search of the elusive Plesiosaurus, and was astonished to see that in a contradiction of conventional retail practice you could not actually order what you wanted but would be sent 'a random selection'. WTF? (Why This Function)

There was also an indication of which stores may have stock, and although I did not find a staff member to ask (uncanny how fast they disappear when you actually need one) one of the stores was meant to have some and you guessed it - none to be seen, just the same monotonous and unchanging selection on the hooks.

I'll keep haunting these places in the coming weeks on the off chance that the web site notifications and the display restocking may be out of sync (like that ever happens!) but I am not optimistic. Still, getting a lot of exercise legging it around these stores, so there's that.

MoarCrossovers

For as good as Mattel is with their figure variety, their distribution sucks.

Toasaurus

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on June 16, 2019, 08:19:45 AM
For as good as Mattel is with their figure variety, their distribution sucks.
we should all tell mattel this and ask why are they bad at distroubution and see if they can fix that

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

terrorchicken

has anyone seen the amargasaurus in US stores yet?

Toasaurus

tanystropheus

I checked out a local Walmart last week (there was only a handful of Albertosaurus, a few raptors, the new Pachycephalosaurus). I checked out my local Target yesterday (there was nothing but a few T-rexes and one Triceratops). The stores are running dry. How often do they replenish stock, or is it cyclical?

Toasaurus

has the quetzalcoatlus hit North American stores yet?

triceratops83

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 16, 2019, 09:23:05 PM
I checked out a local Walmart last week (there was only a handful of Albertosaurus, a few raptors, the new Pachycephalosaurus). I checked out my local Target yesterday (there was nothing but a few T-rexes and one Triceratops). The stores are running dry. How often do they replenish stock, or is it cyclical?

I find that here stores aren't running dry, they just keep stocking mostly the same items. If I were so inclined I could accumulate a carload of Dracorexes and Delta Velociraptors. Also those stupid rip cord things.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Toasaurus on June 16, 2019, 09:34:09 PM

I haven't seen them at any NY store. I got one by mail today via Amazon. It's beautiful, impressive and looks reasonably accurate for a toy. The Quetz is massive (and the wings are collapsable allowing for easy storage). I like the fact that most Mattel dinosaurs/reptiles are in scale to one another. The flapping action brings back memories of the days of Dino Rider pterosaurs (including the Quetz and the Pteranodon).

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 14, 2019, 04:53:00 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 14, 2019, 04:28:02 PM
Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on June 14, 2019, 03:11:03 AM
Finally got my hands on the Basic Proceratosaurus. Much bigger than I expected it to be. Definitely worth the price!!! Compared to the attack pack Proceratosaurus and other figures in the review. Enjoy!! https://youtu.be/5c1j-yE0oeU

The detail on this Proceratosaurus is incredible and I ordered mine a while back. Is it really from the basic series or is it from the Legendary Series that Mattel was talking about. I think they mentioned the Raptor and some other models would have upscaled details for that line. I can't quite remember ...
It's from the basic line. We haven't gotten any new info in the legendary line other than it's still planned to come out at some point.

Is it just me or does the basic line sport more detail and a more accurate sculpt than the main line? I mean sure there's less articulation but it almost feels like the sculpt is better (except the Dilo, that one looks like a sock puppet for some reason). I have the Proceratosaurus.

I can't believe the basic line had the perfect Indoraptor all this time! I just had it delivered today via Amazon. It doesn't have the nasty, poorly painted, blunted teeth (the mouth is actually shut just like the Procerato so I don't have to worry about that), there's less articulation but it can be posed into the classic crawling pose (similar to the Nanmu) and its far less glossy than the other Indoraptors (I was avoiding them because they looked too shiny relative to the other dinosaur toys).

How many other basics are there? I think I saw a basic Pachy but it looked too "basic" for me (Unfortunately, I missed out on the legacy version and wasn't too fond of the other color so I will be picking up the recently released purple version to complete my set of pachycephalosaurids).

tanystropheus

Quote from: triceratops83 on June 16, 2019, 09:43:18 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 16, 2019, 09:23:05 PM

I find that here stores aren't running dry, they just keep stocking mostly the same items. If I were so inclined I could accumulate a carload of Dracorexes and Delta Velociraptors. Also those stupid rip cord things.

Oh yes! I also see a lot of Dracorexes and Velociraptors. I just keep forgetting that they are there. It's just blends into the background for me at this point.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 17, 2019, 01:19:08 AM
Quote from: Toasaurus on June 16, 2019, 09:34:09 PM

I haven't seen them at any NY store. I got one by mail today via Amazon. It's beautiful, impressive and looks reasonably accurate for a toy. The Quetz is massive (and the wings are collapsable allowing for easy storage). I like the fact that most Mattel dinosaurs/reptiles are in scale to one another. The flapping action brings back memories of the days of Dino Rider pterosaurs (including the Quetz and the Pteranodon).

i have one from amazon scheduled for Tuesday, hopefully it makes it.  Amazon is now saying July 5th for restock.

Dilopho

Looks like John Hammond will be available as a SDCC exclusive.

Also, someone had the destructasaurs t. rex for sale, with the elusive "red thing".

Check Jurassic_collector on instagram.

MLMjp

So, they made John Hammond, one of the most requested characters to be made into a toy form an exclusive, and not a store exclusive but A CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE.

F*** you Mattel.

This has no excuse, there is no "it´s up for retailer to stock this" excuse this time. This is an insult to the fans.

PumperKrickel

deleted

suspsy

Quote from: MLMjp on June 17, 2019, 11:36:33 AM
So, they made John Hammond, one of the most requested characters to be made into a toy form an exclusive, and not a store exclusive but A CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE.

F*** you Mattel.

This has no excuse, there is no "it´s up for retailer to stock this" excuse this time. This is an insult to the fans.

I'm sure there are a lot of LEGO and Transformers and Star Wars fans who agree with your sentiment.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Exactly! It's a classic situation. Still sucks, but it is not anything new. Companies have been doing that for a long time. 

Just another reason why I'm glad that I'm not a completist.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: