News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 21, 2018, 06:00:48 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on September 21, 2018, 05:23:19 AM
Shame about the fat tail on the Animantarx, could've been a decent figure if it had better proportions, looks cute though ^-^

The spinosaurus looks nice though, easily the best spinosaurus Schleich has done, and definitely one of the better spino offerings on the toy market. However I don't usually collect schleich figures, nor do I want to support their business practices, so it's a pass. Gonna save my money for better companies.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy have some questionable production methods been discovered? What happened?
Flaffy was most likely referring to Schleich's deceptive advertising and marketing, as well as their well documented habit of bullying shops into dropping other brands.

Brocc21

Holy freaking spinosaurus! Not only is it an accurate spinosaurus but made by schleich! I have some high hopes now and I'm definitely picking that guy up. It'll actually be pretty easy since most stores around here sell schleich (and sometimes collecta despite being in the midwest).
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

DragonRider02

HOLY F...!! That's Schleich???? I would never expect such good, accurate Spinosaurus from them! Definitely a must-have!

Now I am excited to see what's coming next!

CityRaptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 21, 2018, 03:57:06 PM
Flaffy was most likely referring to Schleich's deceptive advertising and marketing, as well as their well documented habit of bullying shops into dropping other brands.

Don' forget the obviously fake reviews on Amazon. Which were all worded the same. exactly the same. Although it seems that those are no longer made. Uninformed people seem to still praise the articulated jaws on Schleich figures however.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sim

On the Animantarx's tail, the spikes not going all the way along the tail doesn't make sense to me.

Regarding the Spinosaurus:

Quote from: MLMjp on September 20, 2018, 10:47:14 PM
[...]
Now THAT´S SOMETHING INTERESTING! Now, please do not turn out like Schleich´s other attempts at doing theropods, PLEASE.
[...]
Yeah, I really want this to turn out to be good, like, PLEASE BE GOOD!
[...]
I agree with these things, avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp!  This Spinosaurus is the first Schleich figure I've seen that interests me.  I'm curious to see what the mass-produced version of it is like.

Quote from: MLMjp on September 20, 2018, 11:05:55 PM
Possible source of inspiration for the color scheme?
I think you're right, that looks likely to be the inspiration for the Schleich figure's colour scheme.  I like this Schleich Spinosaurus's colouration from what's been shown of it so far.

Shonisaurus

I say this with all due respect to the forum members, but when they made Schleich dinosaurs that were not as you would expect they were criticized.

Now that the dinosaurs make the Schleich brand in an outstanding way there are members of the forum who hate that Schleich has made good figures, from my honest point of view we should be happy that Schleich makes dinosaur figures that are masterpieces. It is like that sick person that nobody thought that he would be cured and that fortunately he has revived vigorously (it is a metaphor).

Honestly in the last two years I never lost my hopes about the Schleich brand and I can assure for none of the rest of the dinosaur and prehistoric animal brands, even the toy company whose sculptures are not finished enough as many forum members would like. You have to have faith that all the prehistoric toy animal companies will put on (in fact it is getting) at the same height of genius and quality.

As regards the spinosaurus and the animantarx, they have progressed according to the demands of collectors. For my part I am very happy with Schleich since this company is also focusing on collectors. We must be happy because I believe that in the end (already in the previous year was observed) have heard our suggestions and honestly this spinosaurus does not differ in genius to the exceptional also of the PNSO brand for example and I know that all comparison is odious.

Faelrin

Now I just hope their Giganotosaurus turns out as decent as that Spinosaurus did. I mean unless Papo puts one out there, but we'll see.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

I like this new spino, & I actually like the coloring better than Collecta's washed out hues. Animantrax, I really need to see more pics, reminds me of Papo's ankylosaurs for some reason.

AcroSauroTaurus

Both of them look really good, and I definitely plan on getting them.
I am the Dinosaur King!

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Faelrin on September 21, 2018, 08:26:23 PM
Now I just hope their Giganotosaurus turns out as decent as that Spinosaurus did. I mean unless Papo puts one out there, but we'll see.

Wouldn't it be ironic if, after years of begging for a beautiful Giganotosaurus from Papo, Schleich is the company that steps up and gives us the Giga we've been dreaming of? Here's to hoping it's nothing like Mojo's Giga 

Takama

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 21, 2018, 03:57:06 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on September 21, 2018, 06:00:48 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on September 21, 2018, 05:23:19 AM
Shame about the fat tail on the Animantarx, could've been a decent figure if it had better proportions, looks cute though ^-^

The spinosaurus looks nice though, easily the best spinosaurus Schleich has done, and definitely one of the better spino offerings on the toy market. However I don't usually collect schleich figures, nor do I want to support their business practices, so it's a pass. Gonna save my money for better companies.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy have some questionable production methods been discovered? What happened?

Not to mention treating Collector forums like Trash by threatning to sue for leaking pictures when no other "collectible animal toy company" does this.   Poor STS. I honestly dont give a Rats rear if Schleich gets pissy for me posting them here. The only reason i will ever take them down is if Dr Admin says so. In the mean time, I will be keeping an eye out for the Others, so i can update the first post.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Is it somehow April Fool's Day somewhere? Because that Spinosaurus looks amazing and it doesn't make sense to me. I was expecting something along the lines of the TBR Animantarx and this years Oviraptor, Dinogorgon, Psittacosaurus and Tawa. There's definitely something wrong, right?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Minmiminime

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on September 22, 2018, 12:36:04 AM

Wouldn't it be ironic if, after years of begging for a beautiful Giganotosaurus from Papo, Schleich is the company that steps up and gives us the Giga we've been dreaming of? Here's to hoping it's nothing like Mojo's Giga

Oooh, wouldn't it just? :o ;D Or worse, both Papo and Schleich do a Giganotosaurus but Papo commission their "other" sculptor to do it 😱

Worst case scenario, they both make Giganotosaurus but neither Mr Seo nor Mr Konstantinov get the gig :o
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Reptilia

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 22, 2018, 03:46:05 AM
Is it somehow April Fool's Day somewhere? Because that Spinosaurus looks amazing and it doesn't make sense to me. I was expecting something along the lines of the TBR Animantarx and this years Oviraptor, Dinogorgon, Psittacosaurus and Tawa. There's definitely something wrong, right?

The Spinosaurus is likely sculpted by the same guy who did the Psittacosaurus and Tawa. The former is a nice figure, the latter though just terrible, so it seems that is kind of hit and miss with Vlad Konstantinov's sculpts.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I didn't mean to say that the Psittacosaurus was bad, just nowhere near amazing. Looking at it I can see some stylistic overlap but it's just so much better. Assuming they don't do a Mojo Fun on it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SpartanSquat

I think the giga will be the same as 2015 with other colour pattern. Remember this

Reptilia

Of all the ones announced I think only the Dimetrodon will be a repaint. The current Dimorphodon is part of the mini line, so I think it'll get a new sculpt for the main line. The Giganotosaurus will be a new sculpt too, in my opinion, because the Spinosaurus was fairly recent too and it got a remake.

Shonisaurus

I have faith that they will make an outstanding Schleich giganotosaurus and that it will be a masterpiece. For a simple reason PNSO (I think this October we will discover it) as the Papo (I understand that 2019 will be the year of the Giganotosaurus by Papo), they will make two very good giganotosaurus, I believe that the giganotosaurus will Vlad Konstantinov .

Schleich's giganotosaurus has been reissued several times, not satisfying the collectors. I think that this time the giganotosaurus will be awesome and very cool in the style of its pair of Schleich 2019.

Schleich has potential and economic strength as we are seeing to be on equal terms with the other companies of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals irrefutable proof and we saw this past year that they made extraordinarily good figures (dinogorgon, oviraptor, psittacosaurus, triceratops, adult tyrannosaurus and juvenile tyrannosaurus) and this year will not be an exception. I am completely sure two palpable examples are in the spinosaurus with all security the best figure made by this company to date and to a lesser degree in animantarx.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: jean on September 21, 2018, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on September 20, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
Look at the Spinosaurus, seems another Vlad Konstantinov piece. Pretty cool indeed.

[Snip]

wow , where did you get this pic? this really by schleich? if it is , its one of their best attempts lol

These photos were uploaded by German retailer 'Galeria Kaufhof' then immediately removed. They do sell Schleich dinosaurs, so it's likely they uploaded the 2019 figure images too early and deleted them, however the images can still be seen on Google Images.

SpartanSquat

And not only the giga, also the dimetrodon will be a repaint.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: