News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen"

Started by mgaguilar, September 16, 2018, 04:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

Quote from: Patrx on January 15, 2019, 11:17:47 PM
Y'know, I kinda want to like these, but I just can't get past the skin textures. The scales are so big and rough, it looks like detail for the sake of detail. And the teeth are weirdly yellow for an animal that's constantly growing new ones. The mouth looks really great though, like a shiny, subtly translucent plastic.

Nailed it! ;D I feel exactly the same way, I'm just over the other side of the fence in that I do like them. I'm not sure I like myself for liking them, but there's no denying it..! 😱😹
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

BRONSON

I think sometimes you can add to much detail to something and it actually takes away from it instead of making it better.

Shonisaurus

The two sculptures of tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen" by Rebor are superdetailed and honestly hyperrealistic. What I perhaps see as a defect to both sculptures is that they have very bright colors and sincerely the details of the pupils in the eyes could have been otherwise from my humble understanding. I liked more the painted preliminary sculptures of the aforementioned tyrannosaurus, but it is a simple appreciation of mine.

That is not going to be an impediment to buy it when that figure is sold in online stores.

BRONSON

Good points there, also when you see models reviewed on places like youtube, they tend to be extreme closeups and on my huge monitor, its going to make some models look worse than they actually are, than if they were viewed normally, for some examples look at some of the great oil paintings, they look superb, but you get up close and they are a mass of smudges and colours, my antique guns, in the hand some of them are stunning, if I take a close up picture of them all the machining and tooling marks are visible and other minor defects not normally noticed with the human eye.

Patrx

Quote from: BRONSON on January 16, 2019, 07:54:14 AM
I think sometimes you can add to much detail to something and it actually takes away from it instead of making it better.

Definitely. It can cause accuracy issues, too, of course; for example, the few known Tyrannosaurus scales were pretty small. A T. rex figure at even 1/35 scale with individual scales sculpted all over its skin doesn't really work, they'd inevitably end up too large.

More importantly for these REBOR pieces, though, the Jurassic Park rex mostly has leathery skin, with the scales being limited to its face and parts of its feet. So, for these, the faces look pretty much right, but the rest of the body rather less so.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Big Bad Toy Store has them on Pre-order for 45.00

I think if it sits on a shelf and is viewed from a few feet away the detail won't matter much.

Shonisaurus

I suppose that the two tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen" by Rebor can be the size of the next tyrannosaurus rex, from an unknown company attached link,

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/12/26/tyrannosaurus-rex-unknown-company/

If so, they would be two beautiful and very detailed tyrannosaurus of Rebor. Although I said the details of these two tyrannosaurus rex and his teeth are beautiful, even though the color of the teeth is too bright and the same is true of his mouth in his preordained figures. Although one thing is to see the figure physically and another in photos or promotional videos. That does not mean they are two figures of very high note in the world of the toy dinosaur. In fact, I have already asked you to notify the arrival of these figures in the mail alerts (because I will buy them) at www.minizoo.com.au

Syndicate Bias

I'm still waiting for their grab n go Spino and rex.

dragon53

Two questions:

1. Does Bigbadtoystore have the lowest prices on Rebor?

2. Since Eofauna has a Giganotosaurus coming up, what are the chances of a Papo Giganotosaurus in 2020?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on January 17, 2019, 05:35:25 AM
Two questions:

2. Since Eofauna has a Giganotosaurus coming up, what are the chances of a Papo Giganotosaurus in 2020?

I don't know about the lowest, but they are pretty decent. 4.00 flat rate shipping doesn't hurt either and their no charge/preorder system is something I like.

Eh with Papo I'd give you an "eventually" on a Giga.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: dragon53 on January 17, 2019, 05:35:25 AM
Two questions:

For U.S yes. The only other option is hoping to find a cheap used rebor dino on EBay. But that means searching everyday on it I was able to get the carno and a second acro in mint condition for like 20 dollars on there.

If you're in the UK, youre better off with Everything Dinosaur.

France is Le Boutique

And so on

As for Papo, they are a wild card. They could or could not for 2020.

cooksonia

Got a pair of these (normal and variant) from Everything Dinosaur with a discount!

Over9K

Still waiting for BBTS to get their stock and ship pre-orders...

Dobber

Quote from: Over9K on April 21, 2019, 05:26:31 AM
Still waiting for BBTS to get their stock and ship pre-orders...

Me too.  ^-^

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

I wouldn't hold your breath on BBTS.  I don't know what it is lately, but they've been absurdly slow.  I pre-ordered the cosplay version of the Damascus Blade from Alita Battle Angel and the Spyro the Dragon figure from NECA through them.  Both items have been in the hands of customers who purchased directly from Weta and NECA for weeks before they finally shipped from BBTS.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 21, 2019, 05:08:06 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath on BBTS.  I don't know what it is lately, but they've been absurdly slow.  I pre-ordered the cosplay version of the Damascus Blade from Alita Battle Angel and the Spyro the Dragon figure from NECA through them.  Both items have been in the hands of customers who purchased directly from Weta and NECA for weeks before they finally shipped from BBTS.

BBTS takes a while to get anything in general, but their flat rate shipping is why i wait on them

BRONSON

Well after too much debating with myself I decided I personally like the Plains T rex colour scheme best, wonder if there is going to be a mountain ? , going to wait and see what the other t rex is like that Rebor is bringing out before committing to buying one.

Reptilia

I'm waiting for video reviews of the brown variant to come out, at the moment there's only one for the "jungle" version on YouTube. The sculpt is great, hands down the best JP rex figure currently available on the market.

Shonisaurus

The two figures of tyrannosaurus "Killer Queen" by Rebor are now available in everythingdinosaur. They sent me a message announcing it and I have already made the purchase, they are relatively cheap.

Dobber

Got a notification from BBTS that my plain Killer Queen should be arriving soon.  ^-^

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: