News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Tyrannosaurus rex "Killer Queen"

Started by mgaguilar, September 16, 2018, 04:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Since much of the discussion has been happening on Rebor: General Discussion, and a topic hasn't been created yet, here we go.
Looks like things with Rebor have been looking up lately, with a solid improvement in quality and some added (albeit questionable) features. Bendable tails, removal of the bases to lessen cost, etc.
The Killer Queen will have paint jobs (PLAIN & JUNGLE) that are based off of the two rex parents from Jurassic Park: The Lost World.

Here is the latest update of the Killer Queen:

From Rebor's facebook page:
- Many fans were asking about REBOR 1:35 female Tyrannosaurus Killer Queen - here's a quick shot of the plain variant before we send her to our factory. Both plain and Jungle variants will be released in the first quarter of 2019 so don't wait for her this Christmas

Some tail poseability images:

Some earlier images:

The Z-Brush model:

Minmiminime

Thank you! ^-^ It's good to see this all together. Looks like they've altered the head a couple of times
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

By the way, the tyrannosaurus "Killer Queen" from what I see is articulated but according to the sixth photograph it looks like a riding kit model. mgaguilar I ask you Does that mean that it will be a model whose pieces come separated and will have to be assembled as it happens with the ankylosaurus of the same brand?

More than a toy dinosaur model, it reminds me of a detachable kit for the sixth photo, without for that reason affirming that it is a very nice and very nice figure, even better than its vastatosaurus that we expect in October of this year.

Although that is based on the tyrannosaurus of Jurassic Park for the umpteenth time in the world of toy tyrannosaurs. But it is superior to its predecessor whose red model was supported on a rock or a triceratops. At least this nice but scientifically incorrect figure stays on both legs.

I think he is an awesome and more than acceptable figure. Although I hope much more interest deinonychus and sarcosuchus called "Meta" and "Lica".

mgaguilar

avatar_Minmiminime @Minmiminime Yeap! I thought a consolidation was in order after the images were sporadically placed around the general thread.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 16, 2018, 10:30:14 AM
By the way, the tyrannosaurus "Killer Queen" from what I see is articulated but according to the sixth photograph it looks like a riding kit model. mgaguilar I ask you Does that mean that it will be a model whose pieces come separated and will have to be assembled as it happens with the ankylosaurus of the same brand?

More than a toy dinosaur model, it reminds me of a detachable kit for the sixth photo, without for that reason affirming that it is a very nice and very nice figure, even better than its vastatosaurus that we expect in October of this year.

Although that is based on the tyrannosaurus of Jurassic Park for the umpteenth time in the world of toy tyrannosaurs. But it is superior to its predecessor whose red model was supported on a rock or a triceratops. At least this nice but scientifically incorrect figure stays on both legs.

I think he is an awesome and more than acceptable figure. Although I hope much more interest deinonychus and sarcosuchus called "Meta" and "Lica".

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I think that photo was just showing how the original prototype was to be casted in parts and then assembled, and later painted. It'll be exactly like other releases, already assembled and painted.
I am very much looking forward to their Jungle variant. It'll be exciting to see the quality of the paint job in comparison to their King T.rex.

Shonisaurus

In total agreement with you avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar the tyrannosaurs in their variants "Killer King" will be exciting to have them in person.

On the other hand, I am glad that Tyrannosaurus "Killer King" is one piece, they will surpass the variants of tyrannosaurus (vastatosaurus) that will be available in October in online stores, although honestly I am also waiting with impatience for the arrival of vastatosaurus variants of the mountain and jungle. In fact I have already made the reservation to everythingdinosaur.co.uk

Rebor is making new replicas of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in a massive way. The year 2019 will be interesting to see how many figures this great brand will market.

IrritatorRaji

I definitely feel that the arms are articulated, they're in a different position in every picture

Also, there's a very clear seam line where the arm joins the body. Rebors other Theropods with non-articulated arms, such as their Acrocanthosaurus, have no seam line on the arms, so for the Rex to have one is a little weird, very different.

The only other Rebor Theropod with articulated arms is the Crimson King, and his articulated arms are also very obvious.

(Laptop died so had to make those edits and comparisons on phone apps, that's why they look weird)

mgaguilar

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji good observation. I think that is a correct assumption.
Another piece that supports your point is that the arms (in the kit of parts photo) are jointed with dowels, rather than the rectangular sections that normally hold a piece in one position (similar to the knee joints on the legs).

Well I guess all we can hope for are less noticeable seam lines. Unfortunate.

Shonisaurus

Then it can be a tyrannosaur very articulated even more than the velociraptors and carnotaurus.

I think those pins that are shown in photo 6 indicate that they are parts of the dinosaur articulated.

tanystropheus

Quote from: mgaguilar on September 16, 2018, 10:58:42 PM
avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji good observation. I think that is a correct assumption.

These seams aren't very noticeable. They seam to get lost between light sources. Plus there is very clever application of paint that seams to obscure it.

mgaguilar

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 17, 2018, 03:32:17 PM
Quote from: mgaguilar on September 16, 2018, 10:58:42 PM

These seams aren't very noticeable. They seam to get lost between light sources. Plus there is very clever application of paint that seams to obscure it.

...I really want you to make this a thing and have all of your posts to have at least one pun-based (on-topic) statement now avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus
:)) :)) :)) You literally made me laugh at a computer screen.

To stay on topic, that's what I thought about Vitae's seams for their Giga.

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Minmiminime on October 04, 2018, 01:11:43 PM
A pic of the "Jungle Variant" is up! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bogn2XXHWWP/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=i99pnh7fm39l

From their Facebook:

"REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex Killer Queen Jungle Variant. Some people may have already fallen in love with the plain version but then again incidentally if you're this way inclined?"

Primeval12

Is it just me or are a lot of these models named after songs?

Carnotaurus: Crimson King (In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson)

War Pig: War Pigs by Black Sabbath

This one: Killer Queen by Queen.

Shonisaurus

The two variants are beautiful I will buy with a bit of luck the two figures of tyrannosaurus with both shades of paint. They look fabulous both although I find the Tyrannosaurus rex Killer Queen plant more realistic in colors.

Minmiminime

You're absolutely right avatar_Primeval12 @primeval12 , see also "Meta" and "Lica"! ;D It's great to see this variant, it's superbly done. As a matter of preference and nostalgia (as well as space and money constraints) I'll still go for the brown one, though ^-^

Faelrin

I honestly think these are their best rexes, even if they are just JP inspired ones. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the vinyl one looks like all painted up, but they hit a soft spot for me with the doing the buck (and doe) from TLW. Not that I'll be able to get it any time soon though with other things being prioritized.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shadowknight1

So I guess the Plains variant is the closest to the JP1 Rexy?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Raffa

They both look like good representations of the JP1 Rex and the TLW "Buck", so they definitely have my attention with these.

Syndicate Bias

Well I guess they really are taking their time. I just hope their spinos and other rex don't take as long

Minmiminime

A closer, albeit sightly unclear shot of the head of the "Jungle" variant has been posted on their FB:
https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/1871693906290942/
Their use of gold paint for the eyes seems to have upset some folk ;) I'm not one of them, because although I really don't like the use of gold for the eyes, as a whole it's a very minor consideration for me and the paint otherwise looks great :)) The teeth look good to me too, very natural. Looking forward to seeing the "plain" version!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: