News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Seems that leakers forced Papo to rush their official announcement. I think speculations on more figures to be unveiled might as well end now: https://www.papo-france.com/en/41-new-products?id_category=41&n=35

Gorgosaurus (55074) https://www.papo-france.com/en/new-products/719-gorgosaurus.html

Brown running T-Rex (55075) https://www.papo-france.com/en/new-products/720-brown-running-t-rex.html

Pentaceratops (55076) https://www.papo-france.com/en/new-products/721-pentaceratops.html

Allosaurus (55078) https://www.papo-france.com/en/new-products/722-allosaurus.html

Stegosaurus (55079) https://www.papo-france.com/en/new-products/723-stegosaurus.html

Go and check the official product pages to see the higher resolution for each image.

Syndicate Bias

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias Undoubtedly, I doubt really that Papo does in a short period of time, that is to say three or four years a giganotosaurus. There have been unfounded rumors that have had us all in suspense forum members.

Anyway this year is going to be very successful for Papo considering that he has made a new theropod as the gorgosaurus that although very similar to the WWD3D movie is a very acceptable figure and a theropod very undervalued in the toy market . My congratulations to Papo!

On the other hand the pentaceratops of Papo 2019 is a much awaited figure in my case considering that as I have already said in other parts of the forum, ceraptosides are one of my favorite dinosaurs (even as much as the theropods are) and I feel a weakness for species such as pentaceratops.

The repaints are very good and look like masterpieces of the great artist Martin Garratt as I have repeated many times.

I feel happy with the new figures of Papo and will also thank my portfolio. I've been spending a lot of money on dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and in my case I'm glad they reveal little news. Sometimes it is better to have little and much good.

To give an example Collecta has revealed seven novelties of prehistoric animals that are worth as many as seventy prehistoric animals and dinosaurs together.

The said "there is no harm that does not come well" and if few prehistoric animals are commercialized, our respective economies will thank us.

For my part double celebration, first celebration two very nice dinosaurs like the gorgosaurus and pentaceratops, three beautiful repainted dinosaurs and second a relief in my economy that I was needing sincerely speaking.

dragon53

I clicked on the above link and saw the Gorgosaurus description says, "Gorgosaurus spent up to half of its live in a juvenile phase, before undergoing a period of rapid growth to reach its adult size. This would have allowed juvenile Gorgosaurus's to prey on different species than adults, thereby reducing competition."

I wonder if that means Papo's Gorgosaurus is a juvenile and the model is relatively small.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on December 07, 2018, 12:01:20 AM
I clicked on the above link and saw the Gorgosaurus description says, "Gorgosaurus spent up to half of its live in a juvenile phase, before undergoing a period of rapid growth to reach its adult size. This would have allowed juvenile Gorgosaurus's to prey on different species than adults, thereby reducing competition."

I wonder if that means Papo's Gorgosaurus is a juvenile and the model is relatively small.

You can honestly make an immature gorgosaurus and that the figure is small. An example is Papo's pachycephalosaurus, which is an immature individual. But I can be a simple description of this species of dinosaurs according to Papo.

On the other hand it would be interesting that Papo unveiled what are the measures in length and height of the gorgosaurus and pentaceratops that Papo has done for 2019. Without knowing the measurements of these dinosaurs we can only speculate or guess without success what is the measure of each dinosaur . Unfortunately, if they do not tell us what the measures are, I repeat Papo we can not know anything.

I guess from the photographs that they are not figures of large dinosaurs, I get the impression that both the gorgosaurus and the pentaceratops of Papo 2019 are small species.

You have to look at both aspects, the positive and the negative.

The negative is that we would like a gorgosaur and a pentaceratops (which are very undervalued figures in the toy market) with an acceptable size, at least as far as I'm concerned I like medium-large or large figures. If the figures are small, they are not as interesting for me as I am, regardless of whether I am an unconditional customer of the Papo brand.

The positive of if they are small figures is that they will cost us much less money and we will be able to save it for other necessities such as the maintenance of the house, helping our family as they are the clothes, food or to save money for an emergency or to cover a hole, for example.

The larger the figures, the more expensive the price, and without being small the price is more affordable and honestly this year for me is the year of saving. I celebrate that in general the toy dinosaur brands have made few figures with respect to previous years, I really like prehistoric animals and dinosaurs but in my case this year I have to tighten my belt.

I know that the comment is unpopular since many members of the forum want more and more figures of prehistoric animals in general every year but I say it with all the respect of the world and in this case looking at my pocket. I apologize if I have unintentionally offended any member of the forum.

tanystropheus

I like how the Gorgosaurus has neither pronated nor supinated arms. It's like kinda both.

Shadowknight1

Seeing the Allosaurus repaint in high res convinced me.  I need it.  This is one of the few times where I think the repaint is superior to the original and since I have a lot of nostalgia for the original, that's saying something.  I love the patterns and colors of this new one.  Do I wish they'd fixed the wrists?  Yes, but I'll live.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Atokensis

Quote from: Reptilia on December 06, 2018, 09:11:51 PM
Seems that leakers forced Papo to rush their official announcement. I think speculations on more figures to be unveiled might as well end now.

If that's really the case, then oh well. What about #55077? Maybe only the "leaked" ones were put on the website? :(

Faelrin

Okay so that Gorgosaurus looks much better with these newer images on their site. I can only wonder what the size of it is, but no doubt it'll look nice alongside their (terrified) Styracosaurus, or perhaps even the new Safari Ltd one. Definitely glad Papo did a pretty decent one since the world could use more tyrannosaurid figures other then just T. rex (so glad Mattel is doing an Albertosaurus, even if it the scutes on it are an odd choice). 2019 will be a good year for tyrannosaurids and spinosaurids then.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Atokensis on December 07, 2018, 02:25:44 AM
Seems that leakers forced Papo to rush their official announcement. I think speculations on more figures to be unveiled might as well end now.

If that's really the case, then oh well. What about #55077? Maybe only the "leaked" ones were put on the website? :(

Thats the top secret Giganotosaurus

ITdactyl

It looks (to me) like the Gorgo and Penta were made to be displayed together.

Minmiminime

I just realised that for some reason I really can't put my finger on, the Gorgosaurus reminds me rather charmingly of Rex from Toy Story😁
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Atokensis

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 07, 2018, 05:46:12 AM

It better be! Haha!

hao_bao

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 07, 2018, 05:46:12 AM

I'd much rather a gallimumus, the range already has loads of predators but no ornithomids. They only seem to focus on dinosaurs with 'wow' factor, so we're in desperate need of hadrosaurs and herd filler types. The display diorama in my study is weighted far too heavily towards the toothsome species.

K.Bela

Personally, I find the pose of Pentaceratops quite awkward.  :-\ I think I'll wait with its purchase until a proper, thorough review video comes out. If they show that it can stand on all four (pardon, three) legs, I'll risk buying it.
Nevertheless, the Gorgosaurus is an instant buyer.  ;)
I don't really go for repaints, but it's my issue.  ^-^

Nevertheless, I keep my fingers crossed that these "leaks" would be the must-show ones (because of the leak), and there are more up Papo's sleeve.

Shonisaurus

Are you implying that there is still some more novelty of Papo's dinosaurs or prehistoric animals? That would be great regardless of what caused me a monetary expense.

I would like a giganotosaurus Papo 2019 and with the pop paleoart style of this brand so that we are going to be deceived if those rumors are true, I would not be bitter for another dinosaur, but among my favorites would be this South American theropod. I honestly have several versions of that dinosaur and I will have another version of Eofauna but since Papo's prehistoric animals (especially dinosaurs) are hyperrealistic and detailed I would not mind having another paleoartistic version of another company in this case Papo and with his philosophy and his own artistic license.

Flaffy

Hm, the detailed image of the Pentaceratops shows smooth areas on the toes, which I assume is for a quad pose.
Love the sculpt, really hope this thing looks good when in a charging pose.

dragon53

As I and Faelrin posted earlier, the size of the Gorgosaurus in the photo seems to suggest it's smaller than Papo's Tyrannosaurs and Allosaurus.
I hope it's a full size adult.

Jose S.M.

I would love to see the 3 point stance of the Pentaceratops. The position of the tail looks like it would be bended upwards in a weird way but until I see it I can't judge.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on December 07, 2018, 03:28:02 PM
As I and Faelrin posted earlier, the size of the Gorgosaurus in the photo seems to suggest it's smaller than Papo's Tyrannosaurs and Allosaurus.
I hope it's a full size adult.

Papo gorgosaurus 2019 can be the size of cryolophosaurus and Papo ceratosaurus, if it is smaller than Papo's tyrannosaurus and allosaurus, it can even be the size of dilophosaurus. In a way Papo makes the theropods with a certain scale of sizes, just as did the pterosaurs (quetzalcoatlus, dimorphodon, pteranodon and tupuxuara).

Although it is necessary to affirm that the scale of the dinosaurs of Papo does not follow determined scientific pattern. They are prehistoric animals as I say "no scale in size but with a scale of size".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: