News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Most accurate Polacanthus

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, October 30, 2018, 12:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Hi, what would you say is the most accurate Polacanthus figure? (excluding any resin or metal pieces).
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

For me the most accurate polacanthus is Toyway's polacanthus, that is, the one made for the famous WWD television series.

Ravonium

Polacanthus is a very poorly represented genus in the toy market, but I will second Shonisaurus' opinion that the Toyway WWD Polacanthus is the most accurate (and the only good) figure of the species. It is quite rare, though.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both,
I had hoped that was the answer as I just recently picked up a loose Toyway Polacanthus. It's a little bigger than I wanted it to be, but it's really nice, and if its accurate it's a keeper.
I'm assuming you mean new in box Polacanthus are very rare as there are still 13 loose ones on eBay in the UK as of me typing this.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ravonium

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 31, 2018, 07:50:59 PM
I'm assuming you mean new in box Polacanthus are very rare as there are still 13 loose ones on eBay in the UK as of me typing this.

OK, maybe 'quite rare' is a bit of an overstatement, but it's been retired for nearly 20 years, so it definitely isn't common  8)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.