News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich World of History

Started by pylraster, August 18, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

I find these facial details on the Barapasaurus and Giganotosaurus to be genuinely disturbing, I honestly can't comprehend what the thinking behind it is, especially from an aesthetic stand-point... I'd actually be interested in the Barapasaurus if it wasn't for it's zombie head.  Do kids like their dinosaurus to look like zombies these days, or what?

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Barapasaurus and Giganotosaurus are two of my most loved schleich dinos. i like the Parotoid gland thing on the skull, i think it looks cool. For some it might look a bit fantasy/zombie like but i think its something new u dont see on every dino.

SpartanSquat

Well Schleich this year surprise me. I have Barapasaurus. It has its charming. The next releases...I was surprised by the raptors. The big one is Utahraptor o Deinonychus? And other is Velociraptor? Allosaurus and Brachiosaurus needed a remake. I hope Stegosaurus will be standalone and not set exclusive. Also I see the Utahraptor have moveable arms!

Takama

Well i got the Barapasaurus so i thought i make a Interesting Avatar for once.

Sim

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on July 05, 2016, 11:33:43 AM
Barapasaurus and Giganotosaurus are two of my most loved schleich dinos. i like the Parotoid gland thing on the skull, i think it looks cool. For some it might look a bit fantasy/zombie like but i think its something new u dont see on every dino.

I find it looks very zombie/fantasy monster like.  I agree with Silvanusaurus, I don't understand the thinking behind it.  Dinosaurs (and Dimetrodon) aren't amphibians and wouldn't have had a body covering like amphibians.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 03, 2016, 08:05:32 PM
And it seems that also will make an allosaurus. At first glance you can not appreciate, but it seems the reference 14580. Moreover eliminate the Spinosaurus was not from my point of view one of the worst figures Schleich Spinosaurus.

This one?: http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/01/06/spinosaurus-2015world-of-history-by-schleich/
I think it's quite bad, even if it's not among Schleich's worst figures.  Its pupils look like they are carved in(?) and are orange while the rest of the eye is black.  The skin on its head seems to keep changing between scaly and bare.  It appears to be quadrupedal due to its pose with its feet lifting up, but it has long legs.  And its hands are pronated.

Shonisaurus

Sim, I know that the figure of Spinosaurus is nothing fancy, but recognize that it is a marked improvement over the first version of Schleich (I mean in blue Spinosaurus and later versions).

It can be surreal the pose of the figure, but it is the least bad of the figures Schleich Spinosaurus made so far.

And I can say that I am not exactly a fan of Schleich but quite the opposite.

As for the Barapasaurus I've seen in shop windows and do not advise buying it is a complete chestnut is better to save money in other figures, but said the Spinosaurus current Schleich from my point of view is the least awful of all manufactured by that company.

Takama

Ok So the new owner of this company is a former CEO of Lego. and From i can see with there Marketing this year, it is very apparent that he is applying what was done with Lego to Schleich by making two Catalogs for the year instead of one while not letting stores leak out information on the new items that would come out later in the year (unlike previous years were everything was showed off at the first of the year) 

Now all of the 2016 Dinosaur figures have been labeled under the New Giants, while also being a part of the World Of History(now called simply Dinosaurs) line. But hears what i fear would happen in 2017 and indeed to whatever models come out that year in the year 2018.

Lego makes Sets every year, and they only last for a single year only before there retired. Sometimes the same lines will continue with new sets in the following year, but whatever came the year before will be collectors items.   This makes me wonder if Schleich is going to do the same thing with these "First Giants models" which i think is only a Wave for the Dinosaurs line.

Im not sure if this would apply to Other Lines that there running, but dont be surprised to see a lot of 2016 models going to the retirement home after one year if my prediction and fears came true.

Anyone agree with me on this?   Or am i just worrying too muc

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Takama on July 15, 2016, 10:48:57 PM

Lego makes Sets every year, and they only last for a single year only before there retired.

LEGO sets are usually in production and on sale for several years before being discontinued, but their actual shelf time depends on the line they are realeased in and other factors, for example set 10220 is in production for 5 years now and will be produced further. However a lot of sets are only advertised in the catalogue for one year, some actually are never advertised in printed catalogues (as most if not all UCS sets). With the new Star Wars movie Force awakens several SW sets were surprisingly discontinued after just roughly 15 months (as 75055 or 75054), but that's an exception, not rule for LEGO sets.

Nanuqsaurus

The feathered raptors look good! Still not 100% accurate, but Schleich is really moving forward. The new Allosaurus looks good too. I was thinking about buying the previous one, but now I think I'll wait until this one comes out.

terrorchicken

if theres a new owner maybe he'll consider releasing new prehistoric mammals or rereleasing the old ones.

Takama

The Stegosaurus that came with the Volcano set is being sold seperatly, and it is a 2017 item

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262515861503?euid=7da7b303c2394e22a5bca6da6567e9d8&bu=44425078560&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

I found this out because i asked the seller about it and they said that only certain retailers will sell it on its own until 2017. Also the Tag on this one says Counquring the Earth instead of The First Giants.

Also It seems like they just started a new series. and will be makeing new sculpts of Dinosaurs they did and give them information tags.  Is it too Soon to start a Schleich New for 2017 Thread? I believe we have enough information to start one now

Mr. Challenger

Quote from: Takama on July 18, 2016, 06:27:16 AM
The Stegosaurus that came with the Volcano set is being sold seperatly, and it is a 2017 item

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262515861503?euid=7da7b303c2394e22a5bca6da6567e9d8&bu=44425078560&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

That's great news! I really like how it looks. 2017 could be a good year for schleich.

SpartanSquat

I think we should Takama, this are the first 2017 figures and probably the first announced very soon. The new name Counquring the Earth probably its reffered to Jurassic era. Most of the dinosaurs that we saw for 2017 are from Jurassic. Probably we will see Apatosaurus. But the raptor, which raptor specie lived in Jurassic? Do you think they will remade the other ones retired like Saichania, Parasaurolophus, etc?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: RolandEden on July 18, 2016, 03:49:12 PM
I think we should Takama, this are the first 2017 figures and probably the first announced very soon. The new name Counquring the Earth probably its reffered to Jurassic era. Most of the dinosaurs that we saw for 2017 are from Jurassic. Probably we will see Apatosaurus. But the raptor, which raptor specie lived in Jurassic? Do you think they will remade the other ones retired like Saichania, Parasaurolophus, etc?

The ''First Giants'' line also includes both Late Triassic and Early Jurassic dinosaurs, so I guess this ''Conquering the World'' would include the Late Jurassic and Early Cretaceous. All new dinosaurs for 2017 are from those eras, if the new raptors are Utahraptor and Deinonychus or something like that. I don't think the new raptors are Velociraptor, because the old one is still shown on that page as well.

japfeif

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on July 18, 2016, 04:23:50 PM

The ''First Giants'' line also includes both Late Triassic and Early Jurassic dinosaurs, so I guess this ''Conquering the World'' would include the Late Jurassic and Early Cretaceous. All new dinosaurs for 2017 are from those eras, if the new raptors are Utahraptor and Deinonychus or something like that. I don't think the new raptors are Velociraptor, because the old one is still shown on that page as well.

Possible dumb question: Is the new series, "The First Giants" (as well as the 2017 one "Conquering the World") a totally separate series, or are they part of the World of History line? At first I think I thought the new Dunkleostus, Herrerasaurus, & Barapasaurus were part of the WoH line just called "The First Giants" but now not positive. Any light shed?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: japfeif on July 21, 2016, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on July 18, 2016, 04:23:50 PM

Possible dumb question: Is the new series, "The First Giants" (as well as the 2017 one "Conquering the World") a totally separate series, or are they part of the World of History line? At first I think I thought the new Dunkleostus, Herrerasaurus, & Barapasaurus were part of the WoH line just called "The First Giants" but now not positive. Any light shed?

I think I used the word ''line'' wrong, ''The First Giants'' and ''Conquering the World'' are more like taglines. They're probably still part of the WoH line.

CityRaptor

Actually they are sublines of the "Dinosaurs" line. It is no longer called "World of History", but "Dinosaurs". The knights formerly also being part are now called "Eldrador". I guess someone at Schleich realized that dragons, griffons and green dudes riding on giant scorpions are not excatly what one would call history, unless you are in Middle Earth, Westeros or something like that. Or more likely to make it the boy-oriented counterpart to their girl-orineted "Bayala"-line. For sure looks like that in the recent catalogues.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm surprised no one posted this yet:
http://www.schleich-s.com/fileadmin/media/downloads/construction_manuals/42305.pdf
Page 26- there are some partially-feathered raptors, an allosaurus, and a brachiosaurus. I'm not planning on buying them but I'm sure someone else might.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MLMjp

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 23, 2016, 03:18:03 PM
http://www.schleich-s.com/fileadmin/media/downloads/construction_manuals/42305.pdf
Page 26- there are some partially-feathered raptors, an allosaurus, and a brachiosaurus. I'm not planning on buying them but I'm sure someone else might.

Actually, that has already been posted, look some post back in page 6 by Rathalosaurus. ;)

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on July 23, 2016, 03:41:25 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 23, 2016, 03:18:03 PM

Actually, that has already been posted, look some post back in page 6 by Rathanotus. ;)
I see it now that you point it out, hiding in the small text after looking for it for longer than I should have been. :P
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: