You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The vinyl animal is resistant to falls and breaks or not

Started by Shonisaurus, December 17, 2018, 09:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Dear members of dinotoyblog.com/forum I just bought the diprotodon from Soutlands Replicas at www.minizoo.com.au, by the way magnificent but it's vinyl. I just received it today and it is very well sculpted and painted.

The figures of prehistoric animals (in this case) of vinyl need special care and different from PVC figures?.

By the way, if, unfortunately, it were the case that the diprotodon of Soutlands Replicas fell off my shelf, could it break apart from abrasions?

I need your answer to take the appropriate measures.

stargatedalek

Vinyl is extremely durable, that is generally regarded as its advantage over other plastics.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 17, 2018, 09:38:23 PM
Vinyl is extremely durable, that is generally regarded as its advantage over other plastics.

According to what you tell me, it is more consistent and durable than the other plastics.

But if you fall off a shelf, can you have the misfortune to break that figure?

The diprotodon that I bought is very hard and not flexible at all. Lightweight but I do not know what would happen if I had an accidental fall.

Jetdin

i do realize that chinasaurs or knock offs of the big brands, are usually made of a much more durable but cheaper and less detailable material compared to their original versions

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.