News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Christmas haul

Started by Brocc21, December 27, 2018, 11:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocc21

So the season is over and we're springing in to 2019 in only four days. In a year we'll think "we had no idea what we had comin". So I'm gonna share what I got in relation to the forum. I got the fancy Schleich Dunleosteous, one of Schleichs better sculpts. And I got the GORGEOUS 2008 apatosaurus and allosaurus from Schleich as well. The apatosaurus is probably the biggest figure in my collection (speaking of which I'm in desperate need of a new shelf). And I think I like this allo as a WWD allosaurus than the toyway one! I got the Papo ceratosaurus and juvenile spinosaurus. I got the safari Ltd styracosaurus. I know some people received there's slightly damaged but I received mine perfectly intact. And to finish it off I got the terra by Battat Carnotaurus, dacenturus, euophalocephalus, and THE ORIGANAL version two ceratosaurus from the bottom museum of science. And for not figures I received, Dinosaurs a coloring book by William stout, a how to draw book, some prehistoric times magazines, and a cool light up thingy. So I'd say I got some real cool stuff.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

avatar_Brocc21 @Brocc21 My sincere congratulations, the apatosaurus and allosaurus of 2008 are very well achieved figures, even though it has been ten years since its commercialization.

The dunkleosteus of Schleich is one of my favorite Schleich figures, although I have to admit that my preferences towards other figures of that prehistoric fish are more positive in some cases like Safari, Favorite or Collecta although perhaps Collecta's dunkleosteus is less attractive than that of the Schleich brand.

You're lucky to have bought the Battat dinosaurs latest versions about all the dacentrurus are figures including recent figures very hard to find on eBay or Amazon.

The Papo ceratosaurus and spinosaurus like all the figures of Papo are quite detailed figures.

On the other hand I also congratulate you on the acquisition of books and magazines from the prehistoric world.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I would hardly call a single box of small knock-off JP lego-esque dinos a haul, but that is what I received. Unless you're counting things I bought myself in December?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ItsTwentyBelow

I receive zero dinos from my family anymore as gifts (because I'm "too old for that", ha) so I'm just going to list things I've "gifted" myself this month of December 2018.

- finally found the Schleich Dinogorgon at the Ellensburg, WA Fred Meyer.
- also got the Jurassic World Minmi and Dr. Zia w/ Triceratops at that Fred Meyer.
- got Jurassic World Legacy Dr. Satler w/ Compy (score for a JP fan!), plus the new Rhamphorynchus at the Issaquah, WA Target.

I think that's it. I'm loving the heck out of the array of Jurassic Park/World figures coming out.

Brocc21

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 28, 2018, 05:27:25 PM
I would hardly call a single box of small knock-off JP lego-esque dinos a haul, but that is what I received. Unless you're counting things I bought myself in December?

Yeah I'll count anything you buy in December as a haul.

Brocc21

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 28, 2018, 07:27:16 PM
I receive zero dinos from my family anymore as gifts (because I'm "too old for that", ha) so I'm just going to list things I've "gifted" myself this month of December 2018.

- finally found the Schleich Dinogorgon at the Ellensburg, WA Fred Meyer.
- also got the Jurassic World Minmi and Dr. Zia w/ Triceratops at that Fred Meyer.
- got Jurassic World Legacy Dr. Satler w/ Compy (score for a JP fan!), plus the new Rhamphorynchus at the Issaquah, WA Target.

I think that's it. I'm loving the heck out of the array of Jurassic Park/World figures coming out.

Ah to old to shmold. There's no age limit to liking dinosaurs or extinct animals. There's thirty year olds who have built amazing sculpts out of frigin legos.

PhilSauria

Don't worry about the age thing - life's too short to live yours by someone else's standards or ideas. Like what you like an go for it!

I've never understood that 'Dinosaurs are for kids' mindset. They are amazing animals that covered this planet for a far longer period of time than us upstart apes are likely to - not cartoon characters or animals from children's books. Same happens with action figures from comics - comics aren't for kids either. Well some are but the majority are not, and comics characters are a billion dollar industry at this point in time. I have about a dozen Hulks sharing a case with DVDs in one corner of my study.

My family don't begrudge buying Dinosaurs at this time of year they just don't know what I want or don't have or where to get them so bankroll my orders instead. So I likewise 'gifted' myself a selection, one of them being that hefty Tyrannosaur I recently reviewed on the Toy Blog.

Loon

I can't be the only one on the forum to have gotten this:

I quite like it.

Ravonium

Most of my Christmas haul consisted of models of extant animals, but I did get the Safari Ltd Feathered Velociraptor.

Minmiminime

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 28, 2018, 10:33:46 PM
Don't worry about the age thing - life's too short to live yours by someone else's standards or ideas. Like what you like an go for it!

I've never understood that 'Dinosaurs are for kids' mindset. They are amazing animals that covered this planet for a far longer period of time than us upstart apes are likely to - not cartoon characters or animals from children's books. Same happens with action figures from comics - comics aren't for kids either. Well some are but the majority are not, and comics characters are a billion dollar industry at this point in time. I have about a dozen Hulks sharing a case with DVDs in one corner of my study.

My family don't begrudge buying Dinosaurs at this time of year they just don't know what I want or don't have or where to get them so bankroll my orders instead. So I likewise 'gifted' myself a selection, one of them being that hefty Tyrannosaur I recently reviewed on the Toy Blog.

Amen to that, Philsauria 😁 There are so many habits out there which are so much worse than collecting toy dinosaurs, and most of those are objectively far more childish, I reckon 😊 Most people seem to actually quite like my dinosaurs, they clearly have an appeal that goes way beyond just children! I got two for Christmas: the CollectA Ceratosaurus and Safari Camarasaurus, courtesy of my other half. Both very impressive figures! I've made a start on modifying the teeth of the Ceratosaurus and will modify the paint, too!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Jose S.M.

I didn't got any Dinosaurs for Christmas but that was my own fault. My brother and my boyfriend told me to hold on until the Safari Dinosaurs were on Amazon so they could get me one each but I was too impacient and make an order from the Safari store early. Now they told me to wait for the ones that are not available yet and this time I have to be strong! They really want to contribute to my collection.

Gwangi

This little guy is the only Christmas dinosaur toy I received this year, on the bright side it's the first one I've gotten in roughly six years.

ItsTwentyBelow

One more to add: just bought the Jurassic World Stegosaurus for $12.49 at Fred Meyer. This figure was SO worth that price!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.