News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sturdiest paint?

Started by pylraster, August 23, 2012, 02:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Hello. I would just like to get an opinion as to which toy lines have really sturdy paint jobs. I've been less than happy with the new Schleichs; I noticed that the paint comes off just by handling them for a long time. Even my kid brother noticed that the dark green on the 2012 rex's legs have faded, revealing the avocado-green plastic underneath.

The figure is good for display, but sadly the paint is not suitable for even light play. I know this is also a problem with Bullyland and Battat figures as well. Now, do the Carnegie and Papo figures suffer from this sloppy paint as well? I want to get my bro a nice figure that he can really play with without losing that much color. Thanks!

ZoPteryx

The Papos have very sturdy paint and I have never seen one that looked sloppy.  The Carnegies are more of a mixed bag, the recent figures have very good paint, older ones not so much.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.