News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

To kick of part 2, here are the first of my 2020/2021 PNSO figures, the ones of the first 8 that I was too impatient to wait for Everything Dinosaur to get in, but I do plan to wait for the rest, even though it will likely be until July for the last of them at this point:
The Tuojiangosaurus and Lambeosaurus:

And now a special batch of 3D printed extinct mammals I bought from eBay and painted them myself, horrible customs charge on them there was.
I have an elephant bird, Casteroides, Bison latifrons, Shasta ground sloth, Aceratherium, Arctodus simus and Homotherium

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Part 3, from now on less photos I think, here are the 3 oldie Schleich's I picked up:

An image of the previous extinct animals in their unpainted state;

My CollectA order from avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur  including the gorgeous Lisowicia:

My fantastic Battat Maisaura courtesy of avatar_Loon @Loon

Also courtesy of Loon are these, Battat Utahraptor, Carnegie Plateosaurus and prehistoric crocs toob

Here also is the Battat Styracosaurus

And a couple of group Battat shots (before I sell the Tyrannosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus and Amargasaurus):

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Part 4 (coming to the end now in case you're bored or overloaded with photos)

The Rebor Titanoboa, courtesy of avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur

(it's not actually on that shelf anymore, he's coiled up nicely elsewhere

Another order from Everything Dinosaur

The beautiful and rare Bullyland Paratypothorax:

Southlands Replicas:

The Carnegie Styracosaurus (I'm using the Battat as Stellasaurus)

Bullyland Arizonasaurus

My feathered up and repainted Safari Dilophosaurus:

My collection of all the earlier Doug Watson mammal sculpts except for the next to impossible to find Smilodon cub ( I will be selling the mammoth adult)

And now you're all caught up I think.

Duna

Oh, you are a very good artist, those painted mammals and bird look fantastic. I like also your new adquisitions, the crocs and the Collecta 2020 was a very nice year of this company.

EmperorDinobot

What a fantastic collection. Thank you for sharing.

ceratopsian

Customs charge notwithstanding, those 3D prints look very handsome.

You have an excellent group of acquisitions all told in this batch of photos.

Shonisaurus

Superb collection and excellent batch of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals from various brands of toy dinosaurs. My congratulations and I am very happy for you.

Sim

Grea collection update!  Although why are you keeping the terrible Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus while selling the Battat version which is much better?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on January 12, 2021, 07:06:42 PM
Grea collection update!  Although why are you keeping the terrible Carnegie Acrocanthosaurus while selling the Battat version which is much better?
I mean its all opinionated. I kind of like the carnegie a bit more, although battat is clearly more accurate and better sculpted. I do like the Terra Battat more

Bread

Lovely collection Gothmog the Baryonyx!
I am not really a fan of battat figures, but a few of their herbivores are fantastic! Love the Styracosaurus, the Ouranosaurus, and the Maiasaura.

A company needs to tackle the two hadrosaurs soon, Battat's are too rare for collectors to acquire.

Halichoeres

Wow, you've been racking them up! A lot of fantastic selections.

The 3d printed ones, they're from Mike Eischen, right? I have one of his that I keep meaning to paint. Your paint jobs look good!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres yes that is the one, you have the animal whose name escapes me escapes me and begins with the letter 'k' I believe? Thank you

avatar_Sim @Sim well until you said that I did t notice how much nicer the face of the Battat is,but iys just the pose it looks like the Battat is leaning forward and it looks accidental like its badly made, whilst the Carnegie has a nicer pose to me and looks friendlier, but I may change my mind. One of them has to go though.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 16, 2021, 04:09:15 AM
yes that is the one, you have the animal whose name escapes me escapes me and begins with the letter 'k' I believe? Thank you

Yes, the dicynodont Kannemeyeria :) I asked Eischen once if he planned to make any more Triassic critters, but he seems to be pretty into the Cenozoic, and the Ice Ages in particular.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Wow you have an amazing collection. It really is something seeing those older Battat figures next to the ones from a few years ago. Never mind everything else as well.

The customs are really nice as well. I particularly like the feathered Dilophosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Faelrin on January 16, 2021, 06:20:00 PM
Wow you have an amazing collection. It really is something seeing those older Battat figures next to the ones from a few years ago. Never mind everything else as well.

The customs are really nice as well. I particularly like the feathered Dilophosaurus.
thank you

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 16, 2021, 03:50:00 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 16, 2021, 04:09:15 AM
yes that is the one, you have the animal whose name escapes me escapes me and begins with the letter 'k' I believe? Thank you

I would love more Triassic, speaking of which...

Yes, the dicynodont Kannemeyeria :) I asked Eischen once if he planned to make any more Triassic critters, but he seems to be pretty into the Cenozoic, and the Ice Ages in particular.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Here are my new PNSO's from Everything Dinosaur, and included some images with the Tuojiangosaurus and Lambeosaurus that I impatiently bought from aliexpress, and also with the 2019 models in this line, and then something else but I'll leave that till afterwards

For my first little special, here is a vague nod to the 2013 Walking with Dinosaurs which I recently watched for the first time on Disney Plus

A few images of some of the new PNSO's in their new homes:

And now to the Triassic that I mentioned in my badly quoted last post

Now all my Triassic animals together:

I sadly seem to have managed to cut off the head of the Prestosuchus on every image in which she appears, but at least you can see the new Atopodenatus, and I hope the little Keichousaurus

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new PNSO acquisitions. Sicemente, they are no term of doubt from my point of view, figure superiors the edmontonia, tuijiangosaurus, corythosaurus and lambeosaurus and later a little followed by behind its spinosaurus.

On the other hand, I congratulate you on your beautiful collection. Fortunately you have the much coveted lisowicia bojani and it honestly seems very bulky, for a prehistoric animal so small in length, I comment on it because in the photograph next to Schleich's shonisaurus it seems as big as he and precisely Schleich's shonisaurus, it is not a figure small but quite the opposite.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

Here is my little shipment from Everything Dinosaur including my first and only Nanmu, the impressive Nanmu, which despite the oversized head and a tail that doesn't want to slot in properly, is very nice.

(Even though I have no particular interest in linking my collection to Jurassic Park, I kinda like the idea of sticking not-Dr. Wu in front of my display for dramatic purposes.

And here I have included a picture of the Apatosaurus with my other large Morrison Formation sauropods:

And with some other dinosaurs from the same formation

Here is my new Safari Przewalski's horse with my other Pleistocene Europe fauna

Here is the Apatosaurus on my main display board at the back of course.

And my Papo err Compsognathus in her new home:

And a bonus

Fenestra

Check the inside of the Apatosaurus tail for some plastic residue or molding flash. I had the same problem. The tail wouldn't fit properly. But after removing some flash with an exacto knife that problem was solved.

P.s. warming up both sides with a blow dryer first could also do the trick.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I didn't notice any flash in there, but I suppose I wasn't looking for it, but i may do now.
I have used boiling water on both ends in order to make them fit together at all as it wouldn't even get that far before. But now I can get it like that after using boiling water, but it still slides down a little

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: