News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PAINTED SAMPLE 1/35 Ampelosaurus model kit - Available now

Started by Brolyss4, January 21, 2019, 11:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brolyss4

AMPELOSAURUS 1/35

Dear friends, I want to present to you my Ampelosaurus sculpture, a middle sized Titanosaurian armored Sauropod, it measured about 15 meters long (50 ft), It had 3 different kind of osteoderms on its back, some of them were spikes, some others were like bulbs. It was a rare and unique sauropod, with zero sculpts representations on the resin market, until now, I wanted to do justice to this unique species.

I will offer 3 dinosaur model kits this year, this is the first, I will show a painted sample in about 3 weeks updating this post, as for now, I open pre-order for the model kit and also for the painted one. I will do just 1 run, then I will move to the next project.

You can see other dino custom, painted models and other works I´ve done in my FB page www.facebook.com/ArquimiaModels here you can see the quality of my paint jobs.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
► About the kit ◄

Brand: ArquimiaModels No.1
Species: Ampelosaurus
Sculptor: Cesar Gomez
Scale: 1/35
Lenght: about 43 cm (17 inch)
Material: Smooth-on white plastic resin
Release date: Will start send kits by the end of February, painted models will start shipping by the end of march
Pre-order status: Open

Price for kit: $120 usd + $20 for international shipping with tracking number (paypal fees NOT included, please have this in mind)

Price for Painted: $180 usd + $30 for international shipping with tracking number (paypal fees NOT included, please have this in mind, extra 10 usd in shipping are for extra protection material as it will be a single piece)

For orders please send private message here, or by e-mail to [email protected], or by message in my FB page

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't know much about the species but it looks really nice!

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

There are figures of prehistoric animals and in this case dinosaurs in my case I would like them to be made in the way one would have imagined, in my case the resin ampelosaurus is an example of this.

Magnificent resin sculpture of this rare sauropod is how I would like this type of sauropod to be made. I congratulate you.

Brolyss4

Thank you everyone.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 22, 2019, 08:01:55 AM
There are figures of prehistoric animals and in this case dinosaurs in my case I would like them to be made in the way one would have imagined, in my case the resin ampelosaurus is an example of this.

Magnificent resin sculpture of this rare sauropod is how I would like this type of sauropod to be made. I congratulate you.

Thank you, I love very good representations of the extinct animals, when alive, this Ampelosaurus should have been very beautiful to look at, I tried to make it as beautiful as I could (at least for me), following all scientific information I could find about this beast regarding the skull shape, arrange and size of osteoderms, lenght of tail, digits, general data knowledge on sauropods etc., I´m glad people likes it, I invested many dozens of hours on it, and I enjoyed every minute. I´m eager to paint the first copy.

Jose S.M.

It's very beautiful sculpt. I love it's face! Compared to the CollectA toy version of Ampelosaurus that has kind of a derpy face (I still like it, though)

dutchdinolover

Duna

Just having a look at it you can clearly see how many hours have you spent in the design and doing previous research. It's astonishing, congrats!!  ^-^

What's the blue material you are sculpting the details with? Or is it the resin figure?

Brolyss4

Quote from: Duna on January 26, 2019, 03:36:57 PM
Just having a look at it you can clearly see how many hours have you spent in the design and doing previous research. It's astonishing, congrats!!  ^-^

What's the blue material you are sculpting the details with? Or is it the resin figure?

Thank you, I'm glad you can see how much time I invested in the whole process. It's more a green material, it looks blue because of the poor lighting on my table and because this color is hard to photograph, this figure was a bit big for my light box, it is the original sculpt, it is the natural color of the epoxy putty I used, yellow spikes are epoxy putty as well. I'm still working on making the molds, final kit will be white PU plastic-resin.

Brolyss4

First head/neck copies, no bubbles, no mold marks, perfect castings!!

Fenestra

I would call that a head start!    :P ;D
Looking goooood!

Brolyss4

Quote from: Fenestra on January 31, 2019, 08:54:24 PM
I would call that a head start!    :P ;D
Looking goooood!

Indeed, hehe.

The biggest part is ready, body and feet are molded in a single piece. This 5 pcs. are the first 5 castings I did today, pristine details. The spikes and tail molds are curing right now, so I will start shipping kits next week.

Small seam correction with epoxy putty

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

By the way, what material have you made this ampelosaurus? It looks great project prototypes even without painting.  :)

Brolyss4

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 13, 2019, 08:23:09 AM
By the way, what material have you made this ampelosaurus? It looks great project prototypes even without painting.  :)

The one in green is the original sculpt, it is epoxy putty, the yellow spikes are also epoxy putty, the white ones are the resin copies, this resin is Smooth-on plastic resin, wonderful material to work with.

Dinoreplicas

Nice model, also the copies look really good quality.

Minmiminime

This is fabulous, I adore the head!! Excellent work, a little beyond my budget at present but it's gone straight on my dream list!! ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Brolyss4

Ampelosaurus kit Painted Sample pictures uploaded in the first post, please check!!

Syndicate Bias

Very nice work! That price for it assembled and painted is really good too. What are the other two models you're planning to offer this year?  ^-^

I honestly would've thought the kit would've been around 300 dollars judging from how massive it is and how detailed it is.

Brolyss4

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 04, 2019, 03:04:54 AM
Very nice work! That price for it assembled and painted is really good too. What are the other two models you're planning to offer this year?  ^-^

I honestly would've thought the kit would've been around 300 dollars judging from how massive it is and how detailed it is.

Thank you, I think price is fair for model kit, and for painted one it could be more as I ended up investing much more time placing and detailing all 40 spikes on the back and making /placing all the 30 little ones over the head than airbrushing the entire body, hehe, but I think it´s fine for now.

I plan to do 1 more Sauropod in the same scale, one of the biggest ones, it would be almost 84 cm long, almost twice than my Ampelosaurus, I´m already in the process of making  1/10th scale ceratopsian, I´m working with an Eofauna guy in my country for this one, he is my scientific advisor for accuracy. I also have a fully finished 1/15 -1/18 Triceratops bust (The one you can see in my profile picture), but haven´t molded this one yet.

I hope you can buy one of my kits and support my work.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.