News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Bajadasaurus!

Started by suspsy, February 04, 2019, 02:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

That's very good, I love when reasonably good remains of the skull are found, the reconstruction of the spines look crazy.

DragonRider02

I can already see CollectA making a figure of it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

An Amargasaurus that went with the "windswept" look? lol

Ravonium

With discoveries like this, 2019 is already set to be a good year for palaeontology  :)

Quote from: DragonRider02 on February 04, 2019, 04:16:56 PM
I can already see CollectA making a figure of it.

Scratch that, it looks like something REBOR would make as a figure  ;D

suspsy

I do not buy for one second the idea that those spines evolved as a defence against predators. Display and intimidation are far more likely reasons.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Ah, now we know what CollectA's new sauropod would be! ^-^
Awesome and very interesting sauropod.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 05, 2019, 07:12:07 PM
Ah, now we know what CollectA's new sauropod would be! ^-^
Awesome and very interesting sauropod.

Although it is in the standard version a bajadasaurus on the part of Collecta would be great.

Syndicate Bias

I'd like a resin kit of one or maybe PNSO or Papo should make it!

amargasaurus cazaui

very fragmentary remains to base toys off already and seen several paleos on Facebook questioning if the way the spines are bent could be a relic of preservation and given that only one vert was found it might seem a reasonable point
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Brocc21

There was another thread of this was there? I assume it was deleted?
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Shonisaurus

The bajadasaurus with this strange ornament reminds me of punk music artists.

Duna

Derek.McManus

Shonisaurus

The bajadasaurus seems (if not outside that it existed in reality) a fantasy creature. I hope that Schleich, Papo, Safari, Collecta, Rebor, PNSO or Vitae (to give some examples) make one of the same characteristics in the future.

ceratopsian

I just wish the remains were less fragmentary.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Since they only have the one spine, what are the chances its spines actually looked the same as Amargasaurus?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

MoarCrossovers

Did it live in the same time and place as Amargasaurus?

Shonisaurus

It may be time will tell, I suppose the amargasaurus and badajasaurus belong to the same species, that is, a subspecies of amargasaurus, the aforementioned bajadasaurus always and when they belong to the same geological time.

alexeratops

I believe that people are jumping to assumptions with the size of these spines, based on the one neck vertebrae we have. Especially considering that the one spine that we have is about half the size of the largest estimated spines. Maybe it's just me.
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: