News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on September 09, 2012, 04:17:21 PM
I thought I'd pointed out that Ampelosaurus was also made by Dinosaur King:

On a similar note, here is a DK Altirhinus picture:

On the card, they had mixed up the Iguanodon and Altirhinus (this one was called Iguanodon) but all of their other info, plus the snout, point to this as Altirhinus.

If you go here I have several other photos that may be of use:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

The link should work--the photos are public (but I maintain copyright).

Oh, those two look awesome! I was not even aware they made more figures, they out of production now?

Bokisaurus

Seymouria? Did anyone else make it other than Timme? >:D

stemturtle

Boki, there is a Seymouria by razh00 on Shapeways, so it is a repeat.
Razh00 also did a Labidosaurus that could be added to the list.

Roselaar, can you think of a way to arrange the thread such that the most recent list would be easier to locate?  Maybe as the initial entry, dated for the latest revision?

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 11, 2012, 06:47:29 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 09, 2012, 04:17:21 PM
I thought I'd pointed out that Ampelosaurus was also made by Dinosaur King:

On a similar note, here is a DK Altirhinus picture:

On the card, they had mixed up the Iguanodon and Altirhinus (this one was called Iguanodon) but all of their other info, plus the snout, point to this as Altirhinus.

If you go here I have several other photos that may be of use:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos

The link should work--the photos are public (but I maintain copyright).

Oh, those two look awesome! I was not even aware they made more figures, they out of production now?

They are from about a year ago.  They were barely available even then--I was not able to get a whole set, and I don't think anyone else did either.  These ones came from Portugal.

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on September 11, 2012, 01:23:48 PM
Boki, there is a Seymouria by razh00 on Shapeways, so it is a repeat.
Razh00 also did a Labidosaurus that could be added to the list.

Roselaar, can you think of a way to arrange the thread such that the most recent list would be easier to locate?  Maybe as the initial entry, dated for the latest revision?

Sure thing. And I'll add your latest suggestion too.

mnemosaurus

:D Wow, Roselaar, that list you compiled in the first post is quite impressive!

I think this thread is a wonderful addition to the forum, thank you. I am sure a lot of collectors have a soft spot for figures of species that have never been done by any other company. In my collection I try not to focus on it really (I've found my niche in retro figures), but the soft spot is certainly present  ^-^.

stemturtle

Thanks for making the list handy at the beginning of the thread, Roselaar.  You have done us a great service.

Here is another suggestion. When you post a photo, it would not be too much extra work to use the scientific name on the list to create a link to the photo, using the code [ URL=url of image location]entry from list[/URL].  There is a space after the first bracket to disable the code.   The space must not be present when creating a link.  Here is an example for Acinonyx:

Code shown with a space after the first bracket:
[ URL=http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/ralpartha_files/RalP_cheetah.jpg]
Acinonyx pardinensis (Ral Partha)[/URL]

And when functional without a space:
Acinonyx pardinensis (Ral Partha).

Roselaar

Thanks for that suggestion. Let's see whether I can pull it off with my prehistoric mindset.

Continuing the list with pictures:

-Araeoscelis (Imaginext):
No picture available.

-Arandaspis (Yowies)

-Archaeoceratops (Go Diego Go)
Top figure.

-Arizonasaurus (Bullyland)

-Arthropleura (Innovative Kids/Groovy Toobs)

-Attenborosaurus (CollectA)

-Atlascopcosaurus (Yowies):
No picture available.

-Aucasaurus (Dino Wars)

-Australovenator (CollectA)

-Austrosaurus (Yowies)
Sauropod on the left.

Hey, I can do it too!  :)

radman

SBell

Quote from: radman on September 12, 2012, 02:50:57 PM
Here's the Aucasaurus:

http://raderstudios.com/Aucasaurus.html

And here's me being super focused--what's the little mammal supposed to be? And can it be obtained separate from the rest of the model?

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 12, 2012, 04:08:46 PM
Quote from: radman on September 12, 2012, 02:50:57 PM
Here's the Aucasaurus:

http://raderstudios.com/Aucasaurus.html

Thanks, added it to the list.  :)

It shouldn't be added, it should be taken off (Aucasaurus is already listed as a Dino Wars figure).

And I already mentioned that Ampelosaurus should be taken off too (assuming the First post is where the main list is).

And while I'm at it, you should probably include the Tomy Yutyrannus, Sinoceratops and Zhuchengtyrannus (Dino Kingdom Expo figures).

stemturtle

Roselaar, thanks for making links to the photos.  Are you thinking of incorporating the links into the main list located in the first post?

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on September 13, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
Roselaar, thanks for making links to the photos.  Are you thinking of incorporating the links into the main list located in the first post?

Eventually probably.

SBell, deleted and added your most recent suggestions.

stemturtle

The manufacturer of the lovely Labidosaurus by razh00 should read Sculpteo rather than Shapeways.  Sorry for my mistake.

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on September 14, 2012, 01:08:51 PM
The manufacturer of the lovely Labidosaurus by razh00 should read Sculpteo rather than Shapeways.  Sorry for my mistake.

Thanks for that notification, I'll fix it.

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on September 13, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
Are you thinking of incorporating the links into the main list located in the first post?

I've decided to go ahead with this suggestion as well. Main list, continuously updated, and all the clickable picture links can now be found in the first post of this thread. So please keep checking it, folks, so you can weed out the species that are not unique after all, plus help me get pics for those figures that are without pictures at the moment.  ;)

And I'll add a few more picture links to the whole right now.

stemturtle

I love this thread, Roselaar.  Enormous educational value!

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on September 15, 2012, 03:49:19 PM
I love this thread, Roselaar.  Enormous educational value!

:-* Hasn't it?  I certainly learned a thing or two, considering I hadn't even heard of half the species on this list or some of the companies behind their sculpts. It's certainly a learning curve for me. ;)

SBell

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: