News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures by "Wild Past" (Updated 15.01.2020)

Started by DinoToyCollector, February 25, 2019, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyCollector

Many thanks to all of you. I am hopeful for the Majungasaurus and Tethyshadros realized as pvc figures.

B @Bokisaurus
After a brief consultation with his painters, the new supplier assured me that these details are not a problem. I am also very excited about the final figures.

S @SidB
If you have any suggestions or wishes for figures you are very welcome to post them here. I can't promise anything right now since there are already 5 figures planned, but I always have a look into this forum  ;)

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I hope it's okay for me to say what figures I'd like to see you make?  I hope you will make any of the following:

Velociraptor mongoliensis
I'd love to have a 1:35 figure of my favourite prehistoric animal!  It could go well with your Protoceratops.

Thalassomedon haningtoni
Long-necked plesiosauroids are one of my favourite kinds of prehistoric animal but I don't have any figures of them because companies have exaggerated their skin texture.  I would really like to have a model of one of these animals with smoother skin.  This group has also been neglected while companies have made new figures of pliosaurs, mosasaurs, ichthyosaurs and metriorhynchids.

Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis

Zanabazar junior
Troodontids are one of the most successful types of dinosaur, living from the Late Jurassic all the way to the end of the Cretaceous, and being present in a variety of environments.  However, they are hardly ever made into a figure.  Zanabazar is one of the largest troodontids and has never been made as a figure.

Suchomimus tenerensis
For a long time there was a lack of good Baryonyx figures.  Now there's been several decent figures of it released one after the other! :)  Suchomimus though I feel has been a bit forgotten, and there isn't a figure of it that satisfies me.

DinoToyCollector

Thanks for you suggestions. The Velociraptor is a figure I can very well imagine to become true because of the exact two reasons you give: Seeing it in 1:35 and it'd go well with the Protoceratops. It could be quite tricky due to it's very small size, but I like challenges.
I had to look up the Zanabazar junior because I didn't knew it myself. Your aguing about the troodontids convinces me and even a Stenonychosaurus (formerly known as Troodon) would be as interesting as the Zanabazar... We'll have to see. Your other dinosaurs are also very good choices I really like. For the Thalassomedon I'd need a lot of help, because my knowledge about Plesiosaurs isn't that good. But! Wild Past isn't limited to dinosaurs only as you'll (hopefully) see.

edit:
Well, I did a rough model and the Velociraptor could work...

Sim

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, I'm very happy to read that!  That all sounds great, and the Velociraptor looks good.  I'd be happy to help with a plesiosaur.  Perhaps avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum might be able to help with a plesiosaur, he's a plesiosaur palaeontologist!

DinoToyCollector

So... it finally happened. I hope everybody had a merry christmas. After hard working days over christmas for me I received a package full of dinosaurs today. So that's a little relief. I bet nobody got more dinosaurs for christmas then me  ;D

I will prepare the last things and will do some close ups soon.

Loon

I can not state how excited I am for this figure. They look really good.

Mirroraptor

Killekor

Congratulations DinoToyCollector for finally producing your first figures! Each new photo I see of your protoceratops makes me more interested on it.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Takama

Congrats.   Im Amazed that you managed to get them mass produced(In the little bit your showing us i assume)

any Idea when you plan on selling them? :)

Smilodon P.

Congratulations for the first batch of figures! I expect you to have much success in your new venture.

Halichoeres

That's very exciting! I'm anxious for the opportunity to add one to my shelf.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyCollector

Yesterday was my last working day for this year. That's why I'm able to show you the final figures today (the hobby work continues though).
The process took nearly one year from the initial idea to the final results. There were a lot of hurdles to overcome but I'm pretty happy with the first figure. Now that I know the whole process of producing PVC figures, further work will not last this long and I have already improved much steps for better results. But that's something you'll see in the future.

The final result of this journey is a Protoceratops toy made in soft plastic, hand painted, totally made in Germany (is this worth mentioning?). It is confirm with CE standard and made of 30-40% of recycled plastics .
I want to thank avatar_Patrx @Patrx , avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 , avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod & avatar_acro-man @acro-man for all the advices they gave me when I showed the first pictures of the digital model. This way the figure looks very believable in terms of being a representation of a real animal. Of course the support and interest in this figures from all the other members joining this thread was very encouraging. Thank you.

And the pictures:

Dinoxels

I really can not wait to get my hands on this tiny figure! It's really good for the size.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Tyto_Theropod

You're welcome, and I'm glad I could help.  The finished product looks lovely and I'll definitely be picking it up when it becomes available. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Martwad

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, do you know how you are planning on releasing/selling these?  I would love to get my hands on a pair.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Martwad on December 31, 2019, 03:40:36 PM
avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector, do you know how you are planning on releasing/selling these?  I would love to get my hands on a pair.

He's going to have an Ebay listing sometime January-ish, from what I can remember him saying on Instagram. 9-11 € will is about the price right now, and it is limited to 500 pieces.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

ceratopsian

They do make a rather fetching pair peering down into the nest!

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 31, 2019, 04:15:58 PM

He's going to have an Ebay listing sometime January-ish, from what I can remember him saying on Instagram. 9-11 € will is about the price right now, and it is limited to 500 pieces.

that sums it up perfectly!
I will give information on the "how to purchase them" soon

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Patrx on February 25, 2019, 04:01:14 PM
It may help to think of ceratopsids as bipedal dinosaurs which sort of haphazardly became quadrupedal.

Derived ceratopsians are really just bipeds that "failed their way to the top" while developing a quadruped stance.  ;)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 31, 2019, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on December 31, 2019, 04:15:58 PM

that sums it up perfectly!
I will give information on the "how to purchase them" soon

I just discovered you on Twitter and Instagram, and I'm so excited! I first got hooked on collecting dino figures by the Carnegie Collection, so I exclusively collect 1:35-1:45 scale figures. Unfortunately, it's sometimes hard to find good models in this range, especially for medium-bodied animals (to say nothing of small-bodied species!), so I thank you for taking a chance on these and giving us a chance to add smaller species to our collections! I'm looking forward to every species you've previewed so far. I'll be sure to help spread awareness of your products by featuring my purchases at https://dinodadreviews.com/!

Quote from: Martwad on December 16, 2019, 04:42:02 AM
I will likely be a future customer of everything you make.  Hoping some smaller dinos from the Morrison formation make it into your lineup.

Not to inundate you with suggestions when you're just starting out, but small Morrison dinos would be nice! Perhaps a Gargoyleosaurus, Camptosaurus, or Dryosaurus (preferably with speculative Greg-Paul-style mohawk)?  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: