You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Emperor Dinobot's Walk in the Park (comics only-currently defunct)

Started by EmperorDinobot, August 31, 2012, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Let's try this again. So I moved to Oregon a year ago, and after unpacking everything again, I began this. I took these pics last year, but nothing much has changed. However, in a week, the Master Plan will be completed.

But first, be part of an adventure 65 million years in the making...

Welcome to...

JURASSIC PARK!

(listen to this as you view my pictures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M)

Roselaar

Excellent stuff! Is that the 'other' Rebbachisaurus figure I thought I was referring to in the Unique Species thread?

Good dios too! Funny, to be precise. :)

EmperorDinobot

I just need to buy some trees and bonsai things, get some christmas lights, mod them, and have the CC come in. And hang the pterosaurs. I'm a short guy so I'mma need some help. It's gonna look insane when it's done. Same for my uh...Batcave area. The Rebbachisaurus was bought at a Toys R Us last year, and they don't seem to carry them anymore. I'll have to check the unique animal thread. It's a really cute dinosaur. I fell in love with it once I held it.

K I checked the thread and you have Rebbachisaurus listed for only CollectA. This one comes from some Animal Planet line, same line that the ChapMeis are marketed in.

Jetoar

Great collection and good stuf. I like your collection :)!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ZoPteryx

Haha!  Funny story! ^-^  Great JP collection too.

EmperorDinobot

Yes. That's Iago.
It means he has Gilbert Godfrey's voice.

amargasaurus cazaui

But....where are Grimlock and Snarl and Slag and sludge and swoop?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

EmperorDinobot

All in due time. There's pictures of them in the old forum.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 01, 2012, 08:00:39 AM
All in due time. There's pictures of them in the old forum.

Let me know when you post them, I will round mine up, as  well as my cassette dinosaurs, Slugfest and overkill.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

EmperorDinobot

All my stuff is modern, don't expect to find any G1 in my collection, just a bunch of Beast Wars, Beast Wars II dinobots, Neo, etc. I also have 40 Dinosaur type zoids, and several PR Zords from Dino Thunder, and Titanus from Season 1.

As well as TONS of plush dinosaurs.

amargasaurus cazaui

Ah I see a thread idea then, as mine are all mint, boxed, orginal G 1 pieces. My swoop is still sealed in the factory card. They are a nice set and are fully armed.

EmperorDinobot

I'm not old enough to appreciate G1. I'm a BW kid!

I am, however, looking forward to getting a Masterpiece Grimlock sometime in the future, and any War for Cybertron Dinobots should they come around. I've missed several, like Classics Grimlock, Universe Dinobot, and so on, which is...shameful! SHAMEFUL INDEED!

amargasaurus cazaui

I was always taken with the original generation ones, as they were redone versions of toys that never sold well...diaclones. The swoop piece was released in the US and was so prone to breakage it saw very little overseas market and was promptly withdrawn . One of the rarer toys made in the transformers line. The BW pieces and so forth never seemed to catch on for me as well, although some of those are amazing pieces.

EmperorDinobot

This guy I know wants to sell me a G1 swoop complete. It's probably my favorite out of that series, but the costs ARE TOO DARN HIGH.

More pics coming tonight or tomorrow. The CC is coming in this week, so the new arrangement will be amazing.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 04, 2012, 02:53:27 AM
This guy I know wants to sell me a G1 swoop complete. It's probably my favorite out of that series, but the costs ARE TOO DARN HIGH.

More pics coming tonight or tomorrow. The CC is coming in this week, so the new arrangement will be amazing.

To be fair I do not know the condition or price being asked, but if you can examine the piece, verify the neck was not repaired. This is a toy that would snap in the neck area after being transformed two or three times. They are highly susceptible to damage in the neck area. Also check the beak for restoration or damage, and finally the chrome on the piece. The chrome should if mint be like a mirror.
  As you weigh in your mind wether or not to purchase, remember a few key points about this toy. A) It was released in the US and within a few months dropped from the line as being too breakable. It saw very limited to non existent overseas marketing. I have seen sealed Mexican and Canadian versions, but nothing overseas , so while they might have made it to other countries it was in small trickles right before being yanked.Finally the toy as it was designed will never be re-released as the missiles that belong to its launchers are easily swallowed, another factor in the toy being canceled. The design was a direct swipe from the diaclone version, however the diaclone has a blue body area and gold trim, whereas the transformer version is done in red and chrome that fits with the toyline. All in all an exceptionally rare, and highly desired little dinosaur!!!!

EmperorDinobot

Huh, and I call myself a TF fan. When I saw it it looked alright, but next time I go there and check, I'll look for those spots.

EmperorDinobot

Little Dinobot's been busy. Here's a preview...

Under Construction... I plan to eventually put lights and stuff, and I'm gonna purchase trees and glow in the dark rocks, and glow in the dark paste to draw lines on the ferns and trees. The jungle is gonna glow like in Avatar!

Jetoar

I like it. You have imagination, it is good   ^-^. Pterosaurs everywhere  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EmperorDinobot

you have no idea about what I've got planned here. It's gonna look beautiful, not just the JP and dinosaur area, but the Batcave area as well. See, my hobby is to collect toys. I work to pay for school and to maintain my hobby. And while I scouted for trees, I got the idea to make this look all glowy and stuff. It's gonna glow. I will need a better camera to make it all look amazing. More of the comic cometh...IDK when, but I need to vacuum the general area where this glorious undertaking will take place. It will be GLORIOUS!

CityRaptor

That looks good. Reminds me of how I used to store my Pterosaurs at my parent's house before my room got a new ceiling. Now they are stuck on the shelves.

May I ask which issue of National Geographic that is?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: