You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna figures questionnaire (Collector wishes)

Started by Eofauna, April 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

I'd actually prefer Eofauna didn't do Spinosaurus, especially with the excellent PNSO and upcoming Mesozoic Life figures on the market. I'm sure it would be a great seller for EoFauna if they did, though.
Suchomimus, on the other hand, would be interesting; there aren't many figures of that genus besides the Safari figure. I'd still prefer Eofauna to cover genera which are less represented in the industry, or in need of updating over prior releases. Doing Triceratops sp. was a clever choice in that it gave us a unique version of an otherwise iconic and well-trodden animal.
I suppose if I were to choose one specific creature I'd like Eofauna to tackle next, I'd probably pick Dilophosaurus, since it's not only a personal favorite but also one which received a thorough makeover recently and doesn't have many figures to reflect that yet (just the Collecta one, I think?).

suspsy

Dilophosaurus would be a great choice, as neither the recent CollectA nor Safari versions have come close to really capturing the animal's essence.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

lrnr21

Tyrannosaurus rex, Argentinosaurus, Smilodon (for non dinosaur).

JohannesB

I would like to see their take on a Tyrannosauroid.

Fembrogon

Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus would be welcome additions - or how about Dryptosaurus or Teratophoneus? Dryptosaurus really deserves more figures.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Cone to think of it, has there ever been a Dryptosaurus figure?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Other then the upcoming BotM one I think there were models or something of the retro Leaping "Laelaps" but I can't remember who made them. But yeah BotM's is going to be much more up to date anyways.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I would like Eofauna to make prehistoric animals and among them dark dinosaurs in the market. I would like, a rajasaurus or a majungasaurus for example, a rare abelisaurid on the market, please not another carnotaurus! It is overrated in the market.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 09, 2021, 06:38:47 PM
I'd actually prefer Eofauna didn't do Spinosaurus, especially with the excellent PNSO and upcoming Mesozoic Life figures on the market. I'm sure it would be a great seller for EoFauna if they did, though.
Suchomimus, on the other hand, would be interesting; there aren't many figures of that genus besides the Safari figure. I'd still prefer Eofauna to cover genera which are less represented in the industry, or in need of updating over prior releases. Doing Triceratops sp. was a clever choice in that it gave us a unique version of an otherwise iconic and well-trodden animal.
I suppose if I were to choose one specific creature I'd like Eofauna to tackle next, I'd probably pick Dilophosaurus, since it's not only a personal favorite but also one which received a thorough makeover recently and doesn't have many figures to reflect that yet (just the Collecta one, I think?).
The mesozoic life spino is amazing, but it's a limited run. And i've already said that i don't want tuo financially support PNSO until they lower their prices back to the previous, reasonable levels. Plus the PNSO spino itself is pretty small.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Creature

I'm always going to throw my votes behind Parasauralophus and extinct equids.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

dragon53

I don't know if the questionnaire is still valid, so I'll post my suggestions here.

Theropds:

1. Siats Meekerorum
2. Acrocanthosaurus

Other suggestions:

1. Pleisiosaurus
2. Elasmosaurus

Shonisaurus

Sarmientosaurus would be a good choice, although only the skull is known. It is one of the few sauropods whose skull is preserved.

Or perhaps the turiasaurus is one of the largest sauropods in Europe and quite reasonable parts are preserved. It would be interesting new sauropods.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: dragon53 on July 13, 2021, 03:06:04 PM
I don't know if the questionnaire is still valid, so I'll post my suggestions here.

Theropds:

1. Siats Meekerorum
2. Acrocanthosaurus

Other suggestions:

1. Pleisiosaurus
2. Elasmosaurus
EoFauna makes scientifically accurate figures. It is impossible to make a scientifically accurate figure out of some vertebrae.

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 20, 2021, 11:09:26 PM

Theropds:

1. Siats Meekerorum
2. Acrocanthosaurus

Other suggestions:

1. Pleisiosaurus
2. Elasmosaurus
EoFauna makes scientifically accurate figures. It is impossible to make a scientifically accurate figure out of some vertebrae.
Right. Maybe that's okay for an enterprise like Yowie, who seem willing to take on 'tooth taxa' or similar, but no, not Eofauna.

Leyster

Quote from: SidB on July 21, 2021, 01:21:52 AM
Right. Maybe that's okay for an enterprise like Yowie, who seem willing to take on 'tooth taxa' or similar, but no, not Eofauna.
I agree. With all the rumor surrounding its discovery, people forgot how bad Siats actually is.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 20, 2021, 11:09:26 PM

Theropds:

1. Siats Meekerorum
2. Acrocanthosaurus

Other suggestions:

1. Pleisiosaurus
2. Elasmosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus and Plesiosaurus would be good choices for figures, but Siats and Elasmosaurus can't be made into scientifically accurate figures, similar to what you said.  There is no need for an Elasmosaurus either since there are quite complete elasmosaurids e.g. Thalassomedon, Styxosaurus, Hydrotherosaurus.

Regarding what you said though, if you think Eofauna makes scientifically accurate figures and you know some animals can't be made in that way because of their fragmentary remains, why did you request Eofauna makes Therizinosaurus, Ichthyovenator, Argentinosaurus, Maraapunisaurus and Magnapaulia?  You said it's impossible to make a scientifically accurate figure out of some vertebrae but Maraapunisaurus is only one vertebra which isn't even complete!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 10, 2020, 12:09:09 PM
Eofauna could make a sivatherium is a prehistoric mammal in a way known to all fans of the prehistoric world.

I had never heard of Sivatherium before.  It looks cool, but I notice different proportions in different reconstructions, so I wonder if it's known from fragmentary remains?

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 09, 2021, 06:38:47 PM
Suchomimus, on the other hand, would be interesting; there aren't many figures of that genus besides the Safari figure.

I too would like Eofauna to not make Spinosaurus, there's been SO many figures of it in the last few years, there really needs to be a break.  Also the appearance of its skeleton isn't known with certainty so there doesn't need to be yet another figure of it that will become outdated by a new discovery.  I'm not sure Spinosaurus would be a good seller for Eofauna.  With all the Spinosaurus figures that there has been, people are getting the Spinosaurus they want and the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus looks to be the one for many people if it gets released.  Because of those things people might not want to get one by Eofauna.

Suchomimus would be great from Eofauna, there isn't a great figure of it and spinosaurids are popular so I think it would sell well due to the aforementioned popularity and the lack of good figures of it.

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 10, 2021, 12:05:16 AM
Cone to think of it, has there ever been a Dryptosaurus figure?

There was one in the Transmutazors series.  It was blue and I had it when I was little.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 10, 2021, 12:24:24 PM
I would like Eofauna to make prehistoric animals and among them dark dinosaurs in the market. I would like, a rajasaurus or a majungasaurus for example, a rare abelisaurid on the market, please not another carnotaurus! It is overrated in the market.

Wild Past is making a Majungasaurus so there's no need for Eofauna to make it.  I don't think Carnotaurus is overrated, it's one of the most popular and unique dinosaurs.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Sim on July 25, 2021, 11:55:28 PM
Regarding what you said though, if you think Eofauna makes scientifically accurate figures and you know some animals can't be made in that way because of their fragmentary remains, why did you request Eofauna makes Therizinosaurus, Ichthyovenator, Argentinosaurus, Maraapunisaurus and Magnapaulia?  You said it's impossible to make a scientifically accurate figure out of some vertebrae but Maraapunisaurus is only one vertebra which isn't even complete!
Because back in early 2020 I had no concept of what dinosaurs were known from what and disliked Tyrannosaurus

Sim

I see, I hadn't noticed that post was from 2020, although I guess you were past your dislike for Tyrannosaurus as it's one of the species you requested.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: