News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2020 Hopes and Dreams

Started by suspsy, April 10, 2019, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on April 14, 2019, 03:43:25 PM
My suggestions of the third series of minis:

Jeholopterus
Darwinopterus
Eudimorphodon
Liaoningosaurus
Kulindadromeus
Longipteryx
Caihong
Serikornis
Eoalulavis
Vegavis
Sinornithosaurus
Microraptor
Halszkaraptor
Shuvuuia
Caudipteryx
Repenomamus
Volaticotherium
Castoracauda
Eomaia
Cartorhynchus
Hyphalosaurus
Mesosaurus
Dilong
Beipiaosaurus

I like the overall theme of the miniatures representing animals that were actually small in life. There's nothing I'd take out of this list, but I'd like to see some of China's Paleozoic animals. Maybe in the 4th series.

Quote from: suspsy on April 11, 2019, 12:08:27 PM
I'd also like them to release the rest of the miniatures from this set individually like they did with the Sinosauropteryx:

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/04/05/seven-little-dinosaurs-china-post-by-pnso/

Most of them are too large for the packaging they're using for the minis. The only exception, I think, is the Huayangosaurus. But I suppose they could be repurposed for a boxed set.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 15, 2019, 08:11:31 PM
I like the overall theme of the miniatures representing animals that were actually small in life. There's nothing I'd take out of this list, but I'd like to see some of China's Paleozoic animals. Maybe in the 4th series.

Yeah, I'd probably start putting them in (as well as the non-dinosaurian stuff you mentioned in your previous post) by that point if certain things in my list* sold well.

*more specifically Mesosaurus, Cartorhynchus (even though it was a Mesozoic creature, it was a pre-dinosaurian one) and the mammals.

Looking over the list, I initially thought that I had included too many non-Chinese taxa, but a quick count revealed Chinese taxa were over 2/3 of what I had listed (and just under half of the non-Chinese taxa were from surrounding countries).

Shonisaurus

I know I am repetitive but I would like PNSO to make theropod figures from the tyrannosaurus rex family (which obviously is not the tyrannosaurus rex). I would like the gorgosaurus, albertosaurus, daspletosaurus, alioramus, alectrosaurus, tarbosaurus and qianzhousaurus based on the work of Zhao Chuang and have all lips, not hollows and scale of mosaurus, amargasaurus and spinosaurus of PNSO this year.

On the other hand, we need a centrosaurus, monoclonius, arrhinoceratops, zuniceratops, albertoceratops anchiceratops, torosaurus, protoceratops, diceratops, pentaceratops and kosmoceratops to compete with BoTM ceraptosides.

Shark Toothed Lizard

For the big boyes
Suchomimus and/or Baryonyx
Neovenator
Parasaurolophus
Diabloceratops
Daspletosaurus
Bajadasaurus
Dilophosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

Smol boyes
Aquilops
Coelophysis
Gorgosaurus
Pterodaustro
Hatzegopteryx
Isanosaurus
Psittacosaurus
Monolophosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus

(I think it's safe to say I just want a Carcharodontosaurus next year  :-X )
See, your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

My DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/diamondshark9

Syndicate Bias

fat chance. Everyone is prioritising Giga over Carcha. The only Carchas coming out that i know of are Shane Foulkes and some 3d artist on FB trying to get his model funded to make plastic mass produced ones.

Shark Toothed Lizard

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 23, 2019, 12:38:37 AM
fat chance. Everyone is prioritising Giga over Carcha. The only Carchas coming out that i know of are Shane Foulkes and some 3d artist on FB trying to get his model funded to make plastic mass produced ones.

Yeah it's a shame. But those other two sound nice. I'll definitely take a look. Can I get a link for that one on Facebook?
See, your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

Shonisaurus

Would there be any possibility that PNSO made prehistoric animals, not dinosaurs, such as prehistoric mammals of the ice age or Paleozoic prehistoric animals of the same material as spinosaurus, amargasaurus and mosasaurus, that is, of acceptable size and solid PVC? It would be interesting a solid PVC or resin basilosaurus to take the place of its vinyl counterpart.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Shark Toothed Lizard on April 23, 2019, 01:22:45 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 23, 2019, 12:38:37 AM

Yeah it's a shame. But those other two sound nice. I'll definitely take a look. Can I get a link for that one on Facebook?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3155536594471830&id=539053109453538

avatar_Shark Toothed Lizard @Shark Toothed Lizard

;)

The guys behind it wanna get it crowdfunded said to message them for details. we will see what they make of their Carcharodontosaurus.

As for PNSO i just want more theropods coming my way lol

Shonisaurus

A majungasaurus, rajasaurus or rugops would be good additions of theropods by PNSO.

On the other hand, a dsungaripterus on an acceptable scale or very large as the Supreme scale Collecta pterosaurs or very small as the PNSO minis would like a flying dsungaripterus (we need flying pterosaurs) on a scale as large as Collecta's pteranodon. That would be a pterosaur with a great size.

Shark Toothed Lizard

Hey thanks Syndicate! I'll be sure to take a look.

And yeah, more abelisaurids would be cool, but I feel like the Majungasaurus would be a bit hard to compete with Vitae's

Halichoeres

I'd like them to make an Omeisaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Vidusaurus

There's so many weird and wonderful creatures that PNSO would excel at restoring, I can't narrow it down to even a list of 30. I would go absolutely bonkers for anything they did, especially the miniature line. That being said, I would like to second the suggestions that they should focus on more obscure local genera, especially from poorly-represented clades and time periods, than the big North American dinosaurs.

Shonisaurus

PNSO could do a paraceratherium considering that it is a prehistoric mammal of the ice age coming from Central Asia (Pakistan, Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan and India) and considering that it is a very little valued species in the market.

Ethan._.

For pnso 2020 I would love to see any of the following:

Large range:
Sauroposeidon
Parasaurolophus
Carnotaurus
Postosuchus
Helicoprion

Small range:
Polocanthus
Psittacosaurus
Dryosaurus
Valdosaurus
Zalmoxes
Beipiaosaurus
Caudipteryx
Eoraptor
Oviraptor
Alanqa
Cauajara
Eryops
Baculites
Ammonite
Bananogmius

Halichoeres

Some intriguing suggestions there, especially the Bananogmius! I'd love to see some fishes in their miniature range.

suspsy

I'd much prefer any other hadrosaur than Parasaurolophus, but Helicoprion, Dryosaurus, and Zalmoxes would be nifty.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

A Mapusaurus or Concavenator from them would be nice.

Shonisaurus

A tsintaosaurus and a gigantoraptor of PVC with luxury base respectively would be a good idea considering that they are two emblematic and well-known Asian dinosaurs for which we are fans of dinosaurs.

triceratops83

Since they've done a few really well done Asian Hadrosaurs, I think a Saurolophus would fit in nicely, especially since the only ones available are either hard to find and/or overly expensive.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Loon

If they're prioritizing Chinese species, I'd like to see a Protoceratops, Guanlong, and, of course, a Yutyrannus.

I'd also like to see them continue their smaller 1/35 line, those have been some of my favorite things they've made. Maybe an Allosaurus to go with this year's Stegosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: