News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Favorite collection, by Juju

Started by juju1305, September 06, 2012, 09:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

I managed to get 7 of the 16 soft figures of the Favorite line, not sure I'll manage to get the remaining ones as they might be retired soon and replaced by the new line Favorite has unveiled.

Good triceratops. The paint job is quite convervative and it looks as if it were smiling weirdly, but I like it. The parasaurolophus is a wonderful sculpt, but the come-bite-me colors look unrealistic.

Wonderful stegosaurus, though I'm not a fan of the low-hanging throat. The pachycephalosaurus is a tiny generic, yet lovely figure.

Extremely detailed ankylosaurus, though the color is very conservative. The same goes for the apatosaurus, which is nice, but plain brown.

Wonderful brachiosaurus.

I LOVE these figures, though It's bugging me that the scales are so diverse (the sauropods are definitely in smaller scales, despite being the largest figures of all). Overall it's a really nice collection and the level of detail is quite stunning.

Gwangi

I love the Favorite models. I only have two myself (Spinosaurus and Ankylosaurus) but hopefully will own them all someday. The upcoming releases are really cool looking but they really need to do some more species, some more obscure ones too.

juju1305

Is the spino as orange as it looks on the stock photos? :)

I love these figures really, they're fantastic. The new ones look stunning too, but what's disappointing is that all the new figures are redos of already very good sculpts. I fully agree, they should start doing other species.

Gwangi

Quote from: juju1305 on September 06, 2012, 10:02:42 PM
Is the spino as orange as it looks on the stock photos? :)

I love these figures really, they're fantastic. The new ones look stunning too, but what's disappointing is that all the new figures are redos of already very good sculpts. I fully agree, they should start doing other species.

Oh yes, the spino is very orange. I actually like the orange color but something more like the desktop model would have made it a much better figure. I wish I could ask them what compelled them to make it so orange, especially since most of the toys are pretty tame in terms of color.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.