News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stores in the UK

Started by khallam, July 22, 2019, 10:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khallam

Hello,

Here in the UK I only seem to be able to find physical stores that sell Schleich. I know I can go to numerous online retailers but I would like to see the models in the flesh as it were before buying. Does anyone know of UK retailers that have them? I am based in the Midlands but with work travel the whole of the UK so distance is not really an issue.

Ravonium

North-West England here; I know of one store in Clitheroe (I believe its called Cowgill's) that sells/sold Papo models (in addition to Schleich models), but that's it for stores that sell stuff other than Schleich.

ceratopsian

I am down on the outskirts of London. I don't find anything other than Schleich in physical stores. If you do end up having to buy online, I can thoroughly recommend Everything Dinosaur. Wide range of products and personal service. Either way, you should visit their site and read their blog. Mike writes regularly about fossils that are in the news - eg new discoveries. The blogs are very informative but not at all technical. They are an excellent resource and you can read "back numbers" as well.

Ravonium

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 22, 2019, 03:06:41 PM
I can thoroughly recommend Everything Dinosaur.

Seconded. They also, at least nearly everytime, deliver factsheets with your orders. In my experience, these are fairly good resources for learning about whatever species you've ordered (mentioning this since OP asked for resources to learn about dinosaurs in another thread).

khallam

Everything Dinosaur is my goto online store but sadly they dont have a physical presence that I can visit - shame as I drive past them once a month Haha

ceratopsian

Quote from: khallam on July 22, 2019, 03:36:05 PM
Everything Dinosaur is my goto online store but sadly they dont have a physical presence that I can visit - shame as I drive past them once a month Haha

What a shame then!

Justin_

Does the big Hamleys in Regent Street in London do anything other than Schleich? I remember getting the original WWD figures from there but that would have been around 15 years ago. More recently Sainsburys used to do CollectA, at least at the branches near me, but stopped at around the time CollectA figures started to improve!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Justin_ on July 22, 2019, 07:27:05 PM
Does the big Hamleys in Regent Street in London do anything other than Schleich? I remember getting the original WWD figures from there but that would have been around 15 years ago. More recently Sainsburys used to do CollectA, at least at the branches near me, but stopped at around the time CollectA figures started to improve!

It's a bit off my beaten track but I'll try to make a recce when I'm in the area and report back.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.