News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PrimevalRaptor's artworks

Started by PrimevalRaptor, July 22, 2019, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Some of you might know me from DeviantArt and I finally made it to this forum after lurking a LOT  :))
Gonna keep you guys updated on my stuff here too, I'm working digitally and as an introduction I'll just drop a few of my recent favorite works. :D

Starting with my favorite, Spinosaurus (and Mawsonia and lungfish). This was an update done after my last drawing of that guy from 2014 and I chose to omit the sail here for the perspective and cause you don't always get that "perfect shot" in nature photography and I tried to evoke that feel.

This scene of Holzmaden started with me wanting to draw Temnodontosaurus for ages and then going for a composition reminiscent of those nature books where they show you an entire ecosystem, loved those as a kid (and still do :P) and I'm fairly proud of that one. :D

DinoToyCollector

Wow, these are magnificent!
I love your compositions and the lightning looks so natural, it's just ... WOW! I can't find the right words, but I'm amazed. I've also had a look on your deviantart account. Very nice artworks, altogether.
Oh and Holzmaden as a kid? So you are from Germany? Willkommen :)

Jose S.M.

Very beautiful art! You are really talented

khallam

These are really great pieces of art work 👏👏👏

PlesiosaurusNessy

Welcome to the forum from another german collectress,too! Nice to meet you here with your fantastic artwork, only WOW !!! I like it very much,
such paintings are wonderful, you are very talented!

Willkommen im Dinosaurier Spielzeug Forum ! Have a great time here with other dinosaur crazy collectors!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor I'm glad you're in the forum. In this case, one more artist at DTF will enjoy all your contributions. Welcome!

Killekor

Welcome to the forum!
I really like your drawings. they're really impressive! Congratulations for your work!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

DinoToyForum

Wonderful stuff! 8)

Is the Holzmaden plesiosaur you painted Meyerasaurus?

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and feedback! :D
And yeah, fellow German here!

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 23, 2019, 09:34:14 AM
Wonderful stuff! 8)

Is the Holzmaden plesiosaur you painted Meyerasaurus?

Yes! :D

And to add in another old piece I still really like, here's Cryolophosaurus and a random dimorphodontid pterosaur.

PumperKrickel

deleted

ceratopsian

I hope to see more of your impressive and atmospheric work. 

Halichoeres

Do I spy the giant crinoid Pentacrinites? Beautiful work
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you again! :D

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 23, 2019, 11:39:08 AM
I hope to see more of your impressive and atmospheric work. 

Really glad when people call my works atmospheric since having a good atmosphere is really important to me.
And you can count on seeing more! I'm sometimes a bit slow (and sometimes really quick depending on inspiration and motivation lol) but until then I can always show some past favorites. :D

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 23, 2019, 11:56:03 PM
Do I spy the giant crinoid Pentacrinites? Beautiful work

Of course! They're a staple for Holzmaden (and very iconic as well).

Here's two more older pieces from autumn 2017:

First off the bizarre triassic allokotosaurian Shringasaurus, based on a scene from the 1960 movie The Lost World since it reminded me so much of the classic dinosaurs-that-are-just-lizards-with-horns-stuck-to-them. :D

And here's a pair of Deinonychus getting disturbed from a nap by an approaching storm.
Funnily enough I'm currently working on another species from the Cedar Mountain Formation and by chance the weather's gonna be similar there lol (Just cause I really like painting clouds, especially stormy ones, they really add some mood to the pictures!

Fenestra

That's going to be one heck of a storm!
Hold on to your feathers! Heheh.
I really like your art.  ^-^

Jose S.M.

Those last two are beautiful and haunting. The storm does look like it's going to be a heavy one.

Shonisaurus

What beauty of PrimevalRaptor the Shringasaurus paintings I like very much. How strong! What a level!  8)

Brocc21

That Deinonychus piece is in my words phenomenal. It conveys the mood so well. Those storm clouds and the heavy rain and the overwhelming darkness just looks amazing! I don't know maybe I'm getting to over the top about a bout a picture of a dinosaur but I think it looks awesome.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Einherjar

You have an amazing eye for color. Envious and impressed.

Shonisaurus

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor By the way are you an illustrator of books of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals? Your works do not have to envy the best paleoartists of the moment and it is not a compliment I am telling you the truth.

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you everyone!
Really happy about your feedback since I always enjoy when the mood I'm trying to bring across with my art reaches the viewer :D

Quote from: Einherjar on August 01, 2019, 07:00:33 PM
You have an amazing eye for color. Envious and impressed.

I would love to give some good advice but the best I can give is check up references and then just go wild, lots of painting for me is just repeated trial and error until I'm happy xD

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 01, 2019, 09:20:12 PM
avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor By the way are you an illustrator of books of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals? Your works do not have to envy the best paleoartists of the moment and it is not a compliment I am telling you the truth.

That's some really big praise! Thanks a lot! I'm sadly not an illustrator (yet) but I would love if the opportunity presented itself, especially since many books nowadays are riddled with stock images or sometimes rather unpleasant renders of animals.

And now finally for some new art!

A solitary Iguanacolossus observes an approaching storm in prehistoric Utah, 130 million years before today.
This one started out as me wanting to do another scene with an approaching thunderstorm since those are just REALLY atmospheric and then I thought "hey, could draw some ornithopods again" and here we are. (Also it's a funny coincidence that I painted contemporary Deinonychus also in the wake of a storm...Cedar Mountain seems to have bad weather :P)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: