News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

X-Plus - New For 2019

Started by Over9K, July 29, 2019, 09:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

X-Plus has announced a line of Ray Harryhausen Dinosaur figures from the classic 1966 film One Million Years B.C., with at least one figure possibly coming to market in 2019, the Allosaurus!

The figure is expected to be hollow vinyl, between 25cm and 30cm tall, and should cost between $150 and $200 depending on if it comes with anything else (a scale-correct Raquel Welch?)

According to the promotional card there, the Allosaurus will be followed by a Ceratosaurus, a Pteranodon and a Triceratops, probably in 2020.

Gwangi

Wow, it's about time! But for as long as I've waited for these that price is a little outside of my comfort zone. I have other X-Plus models from other Harryhausen films and they were a lot more reasonably priced, at least when I got them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

DinoToyCollector

This will be near impossible for me to resist!

MoarCrossovers

Fingers crossed they'll release a Gwangi figure as well.

cooksonia

Great news.

I have quite a few of the X-Plus/Furuta Harryhausen figures. Have the X-Plus Styracosaurus and Albertosaurus from the Masterpiece Collection but these are not Harryhausen.

Have one of the huge 7th Voyage of Sinbad Cyclops (single horn).

We need an inscale Tumak to go with the Allosaurus.

Over9K

If you guys look, right behind the prototype, there is a promotional card that announces further figures in the line, Ceratosaurus, Pteranodon and Triceratops!

cooksonia

Over9K

The 30cm One Million Years B.C. Allosaurus is on display on the X-Plus/Star Ace Booth at New York Comic Con this weekend, in full paint, with a prototype Tumok (likely the DX feature) and a release date of Q3 2020... which is a bummer, as I had hoped we'd see it before the end of the year...

CityRaptor

Oh, I wonder if they will make more if that one sells. I can imagine that Loana would probably come with the Pteranodon, given that this is also one of the famous scenes.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

dragon53

I also have a lot of the old X-Plus Harryhausen figures , but they are too small.

These upcoming X-Figures dinosaurs are too expensive, but if X-Plus releases a Rhedosaurus from THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS or a spaceman from Earth VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS, I would be interested.

cooksonia

Some are much larger though.  The hollow vinyl's are pretty large - cyclops, Talos, Sokura's dragon, Kali

Over9K

Quote from: cooksonia on October 09, 2019, 10:47:08 PM
Some are much larger though.  The hollow vinyl's are pretty large - cyclops, Talos, Sokura's dragon, Kali

I've got Talos, Kali, Cyclops, Sakura's Dragon  and the Ymir. I would compare the Ymir and the Dragon to 25cm Large Monster Series figures, and Cyclops, Kali and Talos are more like 30cm...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.